• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WVU-UMD live game thread

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB, the team is getting WORSE, I hate it, you hate it, we all do, but its the FACT. You just look foolish trying to say these 30+ point losses are OK, but 3 or 4 point losses to the same teams were terrible.

I've never said any blowout loss was OK.

I understand how they happen.

Big difference...

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When does this bullshit of comparing every game to the Stew era stop? If Stew is the measuring stick for all of our coaches god help us. When do the facts of THIS team come into play?

Bitch all you want about offense we have not struggled on that side of the ball until this year...oh which just happens to coincide with breaking in a new starting QB...only 7 seniors one of which transferred in, new skill positions across the board...Bitch about the depth we have if you want to be fair about this. This team is mostly underclassmen doing all the work, cut this team a freakin break.

Special teams errors at WVU have been for every coach that I can remember..none of them have ever had solid special teams across the board...13-9 was one of our best years on special years and they still screwed us. Stew had them as well..we are a young team making young mistakes.

The defense is better this year and one of those reasons why is these kids took their lumps last year and matured from it...just like the offense wil this year.

We have bad games, it happens..are we going to make changes every time it gets rough around here ?to all the stew lovers sorry he got fired but holy shit move on, just because he is not here does not mean this program is going to collapse and every bad thing that happens has to be compared and magnified.

You have successfully turned these boards into a broken record...congrats hope you get what you want and we run DH out of town with this wonderful fan base I am sure we will attract the best and brightest. Team sucks, coach sucks, admin sucks....FANS SUCK.

See you at Ok St oh wait your to good to actually attend a game and support the team.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When does this bullshit of comparing every game to the Stew era stop? If Stew is the measuring stick for all of our coaches god help us. When do the facts of THIS team come into play?

Bitch all you want about offense we have not struggled on that side of the ball until this year...oh which just happens to coincide with breaking in a new starting QB...only 7 seniors one of which transferred in, new skill positions across the board...Bitch about the depth we have if you want to be fair about this. This team is mostly underclassmen doing all the work, cut this team a freakin break.

Special teams errors at WVU have been for every coach that I can remember..none of them have ever had solid special teams across the board...13-9 was one of our best years on special years and they still screwed us. Stew had them as well..we are a young team making young mistakes.

The defense is better this year and one of those reasons why is these kids took their lumps last year and matured from it...just like the offense wil this year.

We have bad games, it happens..are we going to make changes every time it gets rough around here ?to all the stew lovers sorry he got fired but holy shit move on, just because he is not here does not mean this program is going to collapse and every bad thing that happens has to be compared and magnified.

You have successfully turned these boards into a broken record...congrats hope you get what you want and we run DH out of town with this wonderful fan base I am sure we will attract the best and brightest. Team sucks, coach sucks, admin sucks....FANS SUCK.

See you at Ok St oh wait your to good to actually attend a game and support the team.
DC, I made a simple statement, and BB decided to put up a bunch of BS. We were told that Holgorsen was an offensive genius, I dont know if he has turned the offense over completely to Dawson, or if defensive coaches have figured his offense out, but either way, from the middle of last season to now, the offense has struggled. We saw historically bad defense last year, and from what I've seen so far this year, we are seeing historically bad offense. I've seen nothing to make me think Holgorsen can fix it.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the BS that can get thrown around on a message board.

One never knows the agenda of another. So, either Dad really has no clue... or, he wants to paint his own picture. Only he knows the truth...

Even my 13 year old son can watch the game and figure out what is wrong with Dana's offense. The same problems that surfaced the past two seasons are even worse this.

The offensive line is struggling. When your line is unable to execute its job... the offense... any offense... is incapable of being effective.

WVU has not had good... consistently good... line play since Clint's daddy left for FSU.

Of course, Dad didn't think Dana could fix the defensive woes last year... so... who is surprised he feels Dana is incapable of fixing the offense?

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DC, I made a simple statement, and BB decided to put up a bunch of BS. We were told that Holgorsen was an offensive genius, I dont know if he has turned the offense over completely to Dawson, or if defensive coaches have figured his offense out, but either way, from the middle of last season to now, the offense has struggled. We saw historically bad defense last year, and from what I've seen so far this year, we are seeing historically bad offense. I've seen nothing to make me think Holgorsen can fix it.

After 4 games you have decided he can't coach offense anymore? We had to replace so much on that side of the ball, it is not close to being fair to call for this guys job because the offense is struggling with so many new starters. He has been here for two seasons, yet we want to run him out of town and start over again? And honestly with this fanbase who would want to come here? We have fans complaining about the color of the guys shirt..I am just disappointed it most what I read from our fanbase and their general lack of support because of a admin move DH had nothing to do with, his character questioned over one incident which in reality was nothing, and his loyalty questioned over the color of his shirt.

How are you going to say the offense struggled from the middle of last year until the end of the season? we averaged closed to 40 pts a game in that time. I gave you those numbers on another thread, even with the 14 pt bowl game. The defense cost us at least two games where as a offense we put up 80 pts. (TCU and Oklahoma). This is a new team, new starters, replacing a 3 year starter is not easy as some of us would like to act like it is....we had one QB with a college start...are fanbase screams for Trickett...mostly because he went to Florida State I am sure none of them even saw him play?..one idiot on metro news said we should play him because he is so mobile...he has -34 yards for his career. :L

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I would like to see is growth and a measure of stability. ON PAPER, the kids brought in appeared to be above average talent, not gifted, but capable of building a team like workmanship on the field. I agree the offensive line is the starting point for ANY offensive system, and the present kids have not measured up yet, consistently missing reads and assignments, it is a cancer.

But I want to say that it disheartens me when tv shots of our sideline clearly show a disinterested bunch of players picking their collective noses on the bench. There is a serious problem on this team, and we can cast our opinions as to the reasons for hours. BUT, there is an ultimate responsibility for these things, and it lays squarely in the lap of the head coach, of any team. "In your face" coaching techniques do NOT work in this time and place at WVU, and there is a growing concern among fans that this attitude by the head coach is effecting his ability to hold this team together. We can debate it till we are ill, but it is happening, and it happened last year. The bowl game, at the end of last season, was as apparent as the nose on your face, those players flopped because they did not, and would not, respect their head coach. Piss poor attitude leads directly to piss poor performance, and the attitude of some of our players is beyond poor.

So who do we replace? All the players? All the coaches? The AD and his staff? Well, I don't have a clue, but somebody better find the answers before we sink off the radar of a legitimate college football contender. That is just plain unacceptable to me. What is past is past, and those who dwell within those old glories do nothing but set the program up for failure. What this past coach, or past team, did or didn't do, has zero to do with this team. They are little significance, except that they serve to create discord from the facts of the current problem. WVU can't block, catch, throw, tackle or run with the consistency needed to win. How do we best address those issues, effectively and fast, so as to alter the continued slide to a losing season?

First, and foremost, I want WVU to compete with honor in EVERY sport, and I deplore losing in the manner in which we endured against Maryland. It hurts so many areas of importance, recruiting being the most important. The Big 12 is not the Big Least, we can ill afford a negative reputation in eyes of the quality young men we need to be competitive, and it doesn't matter how opulent your facilities are, it matters what the presence on the field of play is, and the respect of the ideals and capability of the coaching staff. Answer this, do you honestly believe that we have a coaching staff, this very moment not in a few years, that can help WVU maintain it's place in college football? If you answer that in the affirmative, then good fro you , and I respect your opinion, but I do not, and it has nothing to do with some ghost of coaches past, it has squarely to do with today, this moment, and DH is seriously lacking in the ability to be a head coach of a major college program, while believing he is an excellent offensive coordinator capable of building a firepower worthy of distinction, he lacks the ability to manage a team as a head coach, and WVU can ill afford to give him "on the job" training.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DAD Why are you still touting a dead man. WVU has moved on and you probably should too. From your posts, you wanted Holgy to fail, he may be in the midst of that right now. Are you happy now?

We are stuck with Holgerson for now. Just like you said about Stew, he deserves to have at least 4 years to build the program. I agreed with you when Stew was being prematurely replaced. A revolving door for coaches does not help keep a program stable and recruiting almost always struggles. Karma is biting Luck in the butt right now so you should be happy.

We can't bring Stew back, so why make these irrelevant posts?

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Anotherwvufan, Bill Stewart would have been in WAY over his head in Big 12 competition, our current problems would have been magnified 10 fold over the issues of this 2013 team. But we cannot allow this to endure for 3-4 years, we will lose a lot more than some football games if we do. Switch DH back to offensive coordinator and bring in an experienced head coach, someone with the ability to appropriate delegate responsibility while being the center core of direction. I honestly believe that is DH's ONLY fault, he just doesn't know how to be the center cog.

I agree tho, some posters here are just stuck on the past, hell, I've lived through a whole bunch of WVU's past, and there is nothing in those old ghosts that helps our future!

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After 4 games you have decided he can't coach offense anymore? We had to replace so much on that side of the ball, it is not close to being fair to call for this guys job because the offense is struggling with so many new starters. He has been here for two seasons, yet we want to run him out of town and start over again? And honestly with this fanbase who would want to come here? We have fans complaining about the color of the guys shirt..I am just disappointed it most what I read from our fanbase and their general lack of support because of a admin move DH had nothing to do with, his character questioned over one incident which in reality was nothing, and his loyalty questioned over the color of his shirt.

How are you going to say the offense struggled from the middle of last year until the end of the season? we averaged closed to 40 pts a game in that time. I gave you those numbers on another thread, even with the 14 pt bowl game. The defense cost us at least two games where as a offense we put up 80 pts. (TCU and Oklahoma). This is a new team, new starters, replacing a 3 year starter is not easy as some of us would like to act like it is....we had one QB with a college start...are fanbase screams for Trickett...mostly because he went to Florida State I am sure none of them even saw him play?..one idiot on metro news said we should play him because he is so mobile...he has -34 yards for his career. :L
DC, I am NOT trying to relive the past, and I have NOT called for Holgorsen to be fired. I see some MAJOR problems in the WVU football program that I have pointed out. How can you say that the offense was A OK the last half of last season? They could only score one TD in the KSU game, and two in the TT game, YEA, they scored big against Kansas, woo hoo. Hell only two against 'Cuse, and that was with Bailey and Austin catching Smith's passes. A season with only 2-4 wins in a coaches third year spells doom. IF Efore is still on the staff next year, and the play of the team has not drastically improved I WILL be calling for Holgorsen's job NEXT year. And I would think those people who felt nine wins was not good enough would feel the same.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim, what Bill Stewart would or wouldn't have done or accomplished in the Big XII is irrelevant. You may as well wonder what would have happened if you moved to hollywood and pursued an acting career. It's all speculation and no one knows. Unless you're somehow clairvoyant. He was a good man and I wish everyone would let him rest.

As to matters at hand, I don't like Holgs. He's as big of an asshole as Hot Rod was. Someone being an asshole is not reason for them to lose their job though. As much as I dislike Holgs he gets a pass for this year. We all knew, or should have known, going into the season that this team was young and going to struggle. Next year will tell the tale of Dana Holgorsen's coaching career.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you say that the offense was A OK the last half of last season? They could only score one TD in the KSU game, and two in the TT game, YEA, they scored big against Kansas, woo hoo. .
So points in games you don't seem worthy don't count?
34 against ok st
49 against Oklahoma
39 against TCU

You said that the offense stunk the last half of the season, all I said was that they averaged close to 40 pts a game their last 6 games.

So what game did they struggle in besides Syracuse? Only had three more turnovers the second half of season than first half.

One problem might be you considering the TTech game second half of season when it was game 6...K st can be considered first half or second half I guess.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So points in games you don't seem worthy don't count?
34 against ok st
49 against Oklahoma
39 against TCU

You said that the offense stunk the last half of the season, all I said was that they averaged close to 40 pts a game their last 6 games.

So what game did they struggle in besides Syracuse? Only had three more turnovers the second half of season than first half.

One problem might be you considering the TTech game second half of season when it was game 6...K st can be considered first half or second half I guess.

OSU gave up over 30 points a game, Oklahoma gave up 30 a game, TCU gave up 26 a game, those include the gimmes, lets take a closer look.....TT gave up 32 points a game, WVU scored 14, KSU gave up 21 a game, WVU scored 14, Syracuse gave up 26 a game, WVU scored 14 so yes the offense was not NEAR as good the second half of the season. Something happened after the Texas game, the players leaving, the winning attitude was gone. I dont see what you are trying to say.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU gave up over 30 points a game, Oklahoma gave up 30 a game, TCU gave up 26 a game, those include the gimmes, lets take a closer look.....TT gave up 32 points a game, WVU scored 14, KSU gave up 21 a game, WVU scored 14, Syracuse gave up 26 a game, WVU scored 14 so yes the offense was not NEAR as good the second half of the season. Something happened after the Texas game, the players leaving, the winning attitude was gone. I dont see what you are trying to say.

You said the offense struggled, I said they averaged 40 pts a game, now you are saying that because those teams game up points that does not matter, well they gave up points and we scored how does that equal a struggling offense?? Wouldn't a team not scoring when it should egual struggling...we struggled in three games, name one offense that does not have struggles in any given year.

What player left that played any important role in the offense? Answer none....winning attitude gone?? The offense did everything they could against Oklahoma and TCU to win those games...OK St they were in it until late in the third, but like most games last year we had special teams and defensive blunders. The offense was the least of our problems last year and you know it. :wtf2:

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make is a little easier for you, take out the three 14 pt game we can both agree those were struggles....the other 5 games we averaged 42 points a game, 436 yards per game.

Heck in the three 14 pt games we averaged 555 ypg but could not get the ball in the end zone?...even more surprising we only turn the ball over 3 times in those L's, would not have thought that.

jgb

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DCW HY DO YOU WASTE your time with that Dumb fuuk???????