• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WVU-UMD live game thread

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the crowd was a factor today.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear that Mack brown may be looking for a job soon.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW, how WVU football has sunk, I am sitting here cheering for us to not get shut out.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf2::wtf2:ANOTHER turnover

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was our best drive of the game.

Jury is in expect a long season.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They said that the Maryland game is a barometer for the entire season..............

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait until Alabama next year.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is GREAT cause for concern about where our program is headed, 2-2 so far, with both wins against 1AA teams............

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait until Alabama next year.
Yea, me too, we can't even stay on the same field with a mid level ACC team, when just a few years ago we could stand toe to toe with the best of the best in the SEC. WVU is on the decline, and unless Holgorsen learns a LOT, and quick about being a HC, we will an afterthought.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough one to watch. I missed the first half due to my daughter's field hockey game. But, I suffered through the 2nd.

Proud of the defense.

OL was terrible. Ford looked scared... He clearly hit the panic button.

Hope they keep working hard in practice. Hope they improve throughout the season.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough one to watch. I missed the first half due to my daughter's field hockey game. But, I suffered through the 2nd.

Proud of the defense.

OL was terrible. Ford looked scared... He clearly hit the panic button.

Hope they keep working hard in practice. Hope they improve throughout the season.
:agree: the offense and STs are horrible.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ST's are horrible?

Obviously we have seen some poor judgement and mistakes made by the various guys used as punt returners. And, we saw a RS Fr get pushed into the punter in the OU game for a roughing the kicker penalty.... that RS Fr had a great game at CB yesterday btw...

But, overall the ST play is not horrible. The Boomstache has been doing a great job flipping the field for us. The Punt and KO coverage has been vastly improved this season.

Those mistakes by our punt return guys have been killer though....

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ST's are horrible?

Obviously we have seen some poor judgement and mistakes made by the various guys used as punt returners. And, we saw a RS Fr get pushed into the punter in the OU game for a roughing the kicker penalty.... that RS Fr had a great game at CB yesterday btw...

But, overall the ST play is not horrible. The Boomstache has been doing a great job flipping the field for us. The Punt and KO coverage has been vastly improved this season.

Those mistakes by our punt return guys have been killer though....
YES, horrible, time and again we have brought kickoffs out of the endzone to be tackled inside the 20, we have fielded punts inside the 10, we have muffed catching SEVERAL punts, two leading directly to points, we have kicked off out of bounds. I will give you that coverage is MUCH improved when we kick, tackling as a whole is MUCH improved over last year. But I see no other way to describe our STs but horrible.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how you can state aspects of ST play are much improved, and stand firm on your opinion.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how you can state aspects of ST play are much improved, and stand firm on your opinion.
:wtf2: The same way that I can say the defense has improved from last year, but the team is worse. Just because one portion of play improves does not mean the whole has improved. Bad ST play has led directly to more than just a point or two for the other team so far this year. The improved kick coverage, in my opinion, is a result of the new defensive minds on the coaching staff. Our players are being taught this year to tackle the man, NOT just swat at the ball as they were taught last year. AND I can deal with the physical errors on the muffed punts better than the poor judgement shown by fielding punts at the five, and bringing KOs out of the endzone.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no logical sense to bring the ball out on KO..it is statistically proven it is better to take a knee and take the ball at the 25. You avoid bad field position and TO's.

First TO on the punt was a crazy bounce, but I had to shake my head why was he even near the ball.

INT was just a horrible pass, as soon as he let it go I put my head down....bam 14-0.

Even though it was 37-0 I thought the D played well.....did UMD have a scoring drive over 30 yards..lol

I know this is a homer statement, but I was not impressed by UMD, and am not sure what they will do this season, but I am more concerned about what we do to give us some hope.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf2: The same way that I can say the defense has improved from last year, but the team is worse. Just because one portion of play improves does not mean the whole has improved. Bad ST play has led directly to more than just a point or two for the other team so far this year. The improved kick coverage, in my opinion, is a result of the new defensive minds on the coaching staff. Our players are being taught this year to tackle the man, NOT just swat at the ball as they were taught last year. AND I can deal with the physical errors on the muffed punts better than the poor judgement shown by fielding punts at the five, and bringing KOs out of the endzone.

:wtf2:

But, are you the same guy who said Mullen was building something at WVU when his offense was averaging less points in his third year in charge than the previous? The WVU offense was only a few critical TO's away from being something special?

Today, some bonehead plays and poor choices are used by you to define horrible.

I cry....:bullshit:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, for the record... I am not happy with the overall play of ST's. I hate how the mistakes have played out, and how they've affected the game.

But, I remember watching Tavon make some mistakes in punt return. And, Jock Sanders before him...

Yesterday, the Maryland returner... Diggs... muffed the first two punts and was replaced. Unfortunately for WVU... those muffs didn't result in a TO.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bb....just dropping by to say hello. Hope all is good with the family.