• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WVU to Big 12??

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing reports on ESPN that they are expected to get Big 12 acceptance. Good move for WVU I think but a major major blow to the Big East.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is so far to travel just to play conference games

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The travel will be further but they will be getting a lot more TV money to cover that.

HokieChamp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to see a jet lagged WVU get blasted by the Cyclones :)

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont care who blasts them it will be enjoyable. Wait till OU or OSU hangs 60 on them in Morgantown...

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont care who blasts them it will be enjoyable. Wait till OU or OSU hangs 60 on them in Morgantown...

DAAAAAAMMMMMNNN. That will be fun to watch. As much as I miss the games with them, and as much as I dislike them (personally they are at the top of my list in NCAA), I am happy that they found a landing spot. I think they can be competitive in that conference, especially if they get enough to get back to 12 and they are in a different division than some of the traditional powers. They bring alot to the table in BBall too. Good for you 'Neers..even though I love to effin hate you..

vtnuclearhokie

Pronounced Nuke-u-ler
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More importantly, the Big East is left with the following full member schools:

Cincinnati
Rutgers
Connecticut
Louisville
South Florida

None are that attractive for any stable conference to pick up. And IMO any additions to the conference would not justify the league keeping its BCS autobid status (without that teams in non-autobid conferences would have no reason to join). With this move I think we can officially say so long to the Big East.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
More importantly, the Big East is left with the following full member schools:

Cincinnati
Rutgers
Connecticut
Louisville
South Florida

None are that attractive for any stable conference to pick up. And IMO any additions to the conference would not justify the league keeping its BCS autobid status (without that teams in non-autobid conferences would have no reason to join). With this move I think we can officially say so long to the Big East.

wouldnt be surprised if you see one of those^ teams head out with them. To be honest it has been speculated for a long time that as soon as Mizzou was out WVU and/or Louisville would be in.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what the CUSA return policy is...

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Loserville rots in oblivion. Screw them. They F#^%ed us royally in the old Metro days, so they can suck a fat one for all I care.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
c-usa and the mountain west are merging into one mega conference for football. the big east wants to take houston, ucf, and smu from the c-usa. either way, i agree that neither the new big east nor the cusa/mountain west should get an auto bcs bid. boise should have tried to join the big 12, honestly i dont see why they didnt. geographically it makes some sense and it would have given them the auto bid. instead, they moved to the mwc which weakened considerably after utah and byu left, and now tcu, so they continued to be screwed.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Loserville rots in oblivion. Screw them. They F#^%ed us royally in the old Metro days, so they can suck a fat one for all I care.
Agreed..Pitino is kinda pissy that 'Cuse and Pitt are leaving but a local radio show host said it best today..its not like if they were given the opportunity to bolt for the ACC, Big 12 or whoever that they would need "time think about it". Chances are Louisville won't be left behind and they are the next Big 12 target..maybe more for B-Ball than F-ball. But if they do..then they do..The Big East is done. Only a matter of time before we will find out if S. Florida (probably not), Rutgers (maybe), and UCONN (maybe) get scooped up by a BCS conference.

c-usa and the mountain west are merging into one mega conference for football. the big east wants to take houston, ucf, and smu from the c-usa. either way, i agree that neither the new big east nor the cusa/mountain west should get an auto bcs bid. boise should have tried to join the big 12, honestly i dont see why they didnt. geographically it makes some sense and it would have given them the auto bid. instead, they moved to the mwc which weakened considerably after utah and byu left, and now tcu, so they continued to be screwed.

I agree with what you say but I don't believe the Big 12 wants anything to do with Boise..it does nothing for them in terms of $$$. I am sure it has been discussed (pipedream) and I am sure they would love to go there, not sure if that will ever happen??? MWC was a great move for BSU at the time..it has just fell apart at the seams..

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys seen the latest from ESPN? This is friggin insane. Instead of the Big East, they can call this the Big ClusterF***

"The Mountain West Conference, Conference USA and the Big East Conference are considering creating a nationwide football superconference of 28 to 32 teams, with the goal of gaining an automatic Bowl Championship Series qualifying bid, according to multiple reports."

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
You guys seen the latest from ESPN? This is friggin insane. Instead of the Big East, they can call this the Big ClusterF***

"The Mountain West Conference, Conference USA and the Big East Conference are considering creating a nationwide football superconference of 28 to 32 teams, with the goal of gaining an automatic Bowl Championship Series qualifying bid, according to multiple reports."

Haha LMMFAO! In all honesty,they should just pick up a bunch of other leftover/left out programs and form their own division. They could basically be between FBS/BCS and FCS, they could either play in some of the lower bowls (which the BCS division wont need anymore) or if they wanted have a playoff.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like it, but let's add a twist. Instead of an automatic BCS berth to the champion, they have a 32 team playoff. The winner gets the right to be slaughtered in a BCS bowl game by the SEC's annual 2nd at large team.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That super mega conference is almost perfect for all of thosr nutball relegation ideas people were tossing around. Top 16 teams play each other, compete for berth in the TBCF CG, while the lower 16 fight it out for the top 4-6 spots in the lower standings and switch with the bottom 4-6 teams from the top half. Make every conference game matter. Changes the matchups every year. Would be kinda cool.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will probably be the lone voice on this side of this argument, but if we are going to stay in the ACC, I would have liked to have WVU here as well. They offered something that none of the other ACC adds have; a good football program and a full stadium every week. I hate WVU more than any other team in any sport in the world. However, I hate them so much I would have loved to kick their ass every year in a conference game, if that makes any sense.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

obviously they dont like the idea of ending up around .500 every year ;)

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
This is survival for West Virginia. While the money will be better, the B12's long term stability is still in doubt, and WVU will be grossly out of place, geographically and socially. Knowing West Virginia, they will make the best of this situation and continue to fight. Having Oklahoma and Texas in Morgantown will be huge for them, but I think they will ultimately look back and wish for the rivalries, culture, and history (with WVU) of the old Big East.

This is the final death blow to the Big East Football Conference. The lone remaining founder is Rutgers, possibly the worst winning history of all BCS conference schools. For all intents and purposes, the Big East is now Conference USA. Even if they manage to somehow piece together the best of the rest (NCAA requires minimum 6 teams playing atleast 2 consecutive years in the same conference) to remain a sponsored conference, their BCS eligibility should be revoked.