• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WVU shakes up the Alabama coaching staff..

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although Belk may be a good coach, time will tell, how did we take the heart and soul of 'Bama? Saban would give up a major cog in his machine? Another up and coming coach, huh. Sounds familiar. Maybe Lyin' Shane Lyons decided to go back to King Ollie's (all hail the King) roadmap to success. We saw how he handled previous coaches contracts.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Shane wasn't willing to pay for a real coach. Our program will never be worth a shit with that cheap ass...

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although Belk may be a good coach, time will tell, how did we take the heart and soul of 'Bama? Saban would give up a major cog in his machine? Another up and coming coach, huh. Sounds familiar. Maybe Lyin' Shane Lyons decided to go back to King Ollie's (all hail the King) roadmap to success. We saw how he handled previous coaches contracts.
From the article:
"Belk has been seen as one of the top up and coming coaches in college football, now taking his young talent to Morgantown"

Saban was grooming him to be the next Kirby Smart but.... Ole Shano had other plans:nod:.

At least that's what I'm telling myself til I see different this spring and fall....

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... you keep telling yourself you ain't delusional. Doc Holliday is a top up and coming coach too. HC of the best college team in WV.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the article:
Sources state that Nick Saban himself called Coach Tony Gibson telling him to interview Belk for the newly vacant position. As Coach Saban is one of the most respected coaches in college football, and quite possibly football in general, a reference from Saban certainly speaks volumes. Coach Belk is the latest addition to West Virginia’s coaching staff after several post-signing day departures.

Also from the article -
Belk was previously a graduate assistant/defensive backs coach under Nick Saban at the University of Alabama.
If he was to be the next Kirby for Saban's staff, I don't think Saban would be the one making the phone calls. Belk had some coaching experience at Valdosta State.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... you keep telling yourself you ain't delusional. Doc Holliday is a top up and coming coach too. HC of the best college team in WV.
Put him at WVU and he finishes better than Dana ever has in the rankings, you put that in the bank.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Shane wasn't willing to pay for a real coach. Our program will never be worth a shit with that cheap ass...
Huh, I guess Lyons just hates football??? All the other coaches and sports seem to be doing just fine under his leadership.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put him at WVU and he finishes better than Dana ever has in the rankings, you put that in the bank.

What bank would that be? The one that keeps sending me emails telling me I got a deceased member of a wealthy foreign royalty that left inheritance money to me in his bank and all I had to do is give up my personal information and bank account to make the transaction complete? That bank?

Fucking Doc can't even recruit no more... can't win no more. He gonna be fired after this year. Take that to the bank...

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington Mutual or IndyMac?

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh, I guess Lyons just hates football??? All the other coaches and sports seem to be doing just fine under his leadership.
All established under King Ollie (All Hail the King). Lyin' Shane Lyons has only negotiated football contracts, which according to some went very well. Instead of getting top notch assistant coaches, we let them go and bring in Graduate Assistants. Back to the Eddie P days.

Last edited:

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What bank would that be? The one that keeps sending me emails telling me I got a deceased member of a wealthy foreign royalty that left inheritance money to me in his bank and all I had to do is give up my personal information and bank account to make the transaction complete? That bank?

Fucking Doc can't even recruit no more... can't win no more. He gonna be fired after this year. Take that to the bank...
Ooopps. Sorry bb, that was me. Was it from a wealthy Prince in Africa? I meant to send you the one from a fan in southeastern West Virginia who is starting a Go Fund Me Account to bring Doc to WVU. My bad. :rolleyes2:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All established under King Ollie (All Hail the King). Lyin' Shane Lyons has only negotiated football contracts, which according to some went very well. Instead of getting top notch assistant coaches, we let them go and bring in Graduate Assistants. Back to the Eddie P days.

Exactly. What has Shane done worth a shit? He's totally fucked the football program.

How have well have any of his hires done at WVU? Volleyball?

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HUH, the coaches who are having the most success were hired by Pastilong, hardly established by Luck, get a clue.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HUH, the coaches who are having the most success were hired by Pastilong, hardly established by Luck, get a clue.
HUH, King Ollie (All Hail the King), kept those who he thought was worth a shit and got rid of others. Remember how you cried when your man Turnbull was shown the door after 36 years? Whaaa! Ollie (all Hail the king) is a mean man. He got rid of Turnbull. Whaaaa! He signed contracts with coaches in an effort to keep coaches. Your new boy, Lyin' Shane Lyons, has just dusted off Eddie P's revolving door and reinstalled it. What's next? Dropping down to the FCs? Then the concession stands can sell your $1 hot dogs and $0.50 Cokes. At least we will have a new multi-million Economics Center for the School of Business and guess where it's going. Right where Stansbury Hall sits today. They are going to raze the house your boy Turnbull built. Talk about disrespect. Heard Luck (all hail the king) was behind it. At least that's what you'll think, but another great WV hero did support it. Good ol' Zeke from Cabin Creek. Mr. Basketball himself, Jerry West. The man who actually put his stamp on Stansbury Hall.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HUH, King Ollie (All Hail the King), kept those who he thought was worth a shit and got rid of others. Remember how you cried when your man Turnbull was shown the door after 36 years? Whaaa! Ollie (all Hail the king) is a mean man. He got rid of Turnbull. Whaaaa! He signed contracts with coaches in an effort to keep coaches. Your new boy, Lyin' Shane Lyons, has just dusted off Eddie P's revolving door and reinstalled it. What's next? Dropping down to the FCs? Then the concession stands can sell your $1 hot dogs and $0.50 Cokes. At least we will have a new multi-million Economics Center for the School of Business and guess where it's going. Right where Stansbury Hall sits today. They are going to raze the house your boy Turnbull built. Talk about disrespect. Heard Luck (all hail the king) was behind it. At least that's what you'll think, but another great WV hero did support it. Good ol' Zeke from Cabin Creek. Mr. Basketball himself, Jerry West. The man who actually put his stamp on Stansbury Hall.
Obviously there are a few on here who do not have a clue about how assistant football coaches come and go, and reach for every excuse for Holgorsen's failures. Assistant football coaches are in one of the most fluid jobs in the world. They move at will, get fired at will, and change schools like we change socks. I really do not care what they do with the old field house, it was in great disrepair when I was in school 30+ years ago.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations! While you were attempting to find an article to support your theory that Dana is an asshole to work for, you found several that showed why coaches, for the most part, leave a program. Now you can post how fluid an assistant football coach is several times in an attempt to show how knowledgeable you are. It's a shame that it took you this long to learn this.

Too bad you don't care about Stansbury Hall. I had a good time playing pickup basketball games there. My favorite moment - watching Renaldo Turnball pin Daryl Prue's shot against the backboard and then watching Daryl walk off the court claiming it was a foul. You remind me of Prue.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has?

We averaged 7 wins per year under AD Luck...

We are averaging 9 under AD Lyons..

:scratch:

Shane didn't make his first contract with Dana until this December. Dana is 0-1 under Shane.