• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WVU officially searching for Golf Coach

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That damn Ollie!!! Lol

I am so pumped about this, does anyone know where they will play locally?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if it has been determined where the golf team will practice locally.

At present, there are no practice facilities that would be suitable for a team attempting to attract and keep kids happy. In the past, WVU's golf team played and practiced at The Pines CC in Morgantown. The course severely lacks the kind of practice facility a school from the Big 12 or any elite Div 1 golf program is accustomed to having.

When I was a kid, WVU's golf team practiced in the winter in the Coliseum by hitting balls into a net. That ain't gonna cut it today.

I believe WVU's golf team could practice their on course game by playing locally at The Pines CC, Stonewall Resort, Nemacolin Resort and possibly The Pete Dye Golf Club. But, the kids need a practice facility that will allow them to work on their games through the winter months.

IMO, WVU will play in regional tournaments through the Fall and Spring. They will likely play in tournaments close to home, and only the Big 12 Tournament will require major travel for them. With a rich tournament schedule, where the team practices locally… is not that critical.

The days of playing 1 or 2 team matches in college golf have vanished. It is multi-team tournament filled today.

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think that lake View would be the practice course of choice. Lakeview is a an old seasoned course with length from the tips. I don't recall if their were any practice facilities there such as greens, bunkers, and a driving range. It would be perfect to hold matches or tournaments. I love the course as we play a wounded warrior tournament there every year in the fall.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think that lake View would be the practice course of choice. Lakeview is a an old seasoned course with length from the tips. I don't recall if their were any practice facilities there such as greens, bunkers, and a driving range. It would be perfect to hold matches or tournaments. I love the course as we play a wounded warrior tournament there every year in the fall.

Lakeview has absolutely zero practice facilities. They have a practice putting green. I am not sure about the MountainView Course, and I know the WVU golf club presently plays/practices there.

I doubt Morgantown… or WVU will host many tournaments. I read where the Greenbrier would be interested in being a host site for a future tournament though.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking for a Coach??...I know I guy in Syracuse that may have an interest...:yahoo:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3