• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WVU loses another good in state kid

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a long time until February. My prediction is that by the end of the season, DH will have a new contract in place or will be on the way out. If the contract and security of DH is a factor, those guys will not be the first to change their commitment.

I believe that the loss of good Assistant coaches who were good recruiters has hurt us more than the DH contract issue this year in recruiting.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stills switched his recruitment from Rutgers to WVU

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stills switched his recruitment from Rutgers to WVU
Read somewhere his younger brother will be heading to Morgantown. This kid was not offered a scholarship from WVU until late in the game.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... the younger Stills is a 4 star. He has been offered. The older brother is a 2 star, but the brothers are interested in playing together. WVU offered him after he committed to RU. He flipped in 1 day...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other states produce more talented players than there are roster spots for them, look at Florida and Texas, they export MANY players every year! I get that kids want to go see the world, so to speak, and respect their decisions, but the WVU coaching staff needs to focus heavily when there is a talented WVa kid!!!
Other states produce more talented players than there are roster spots for them, look at Florida and Texas, they export MANY players every year! I get that kids want to go see the world, so to speak, and respect their decisions, but the WVU coaching staff needs to focus heavily when there is a talented WVa kid!!!

End of the day a year like this for Wv and the number of kids that are of D-1 talent is an anomaly...you only have so many coaches and those coaches already have territory's that yield more available talent on a annual basis.t...to have a Coach solely mine the H.S of Wv every year maybe finding a nugget or two or possibly none.. is not worth it.....

wvu_man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
End of the day a year like this for Wv and the number of kids that are of D-1 talent is an anomaly...you only have so many coaches and those coaches already have territory's that yield more available talent on a annual basis.t...to have a Coach solely mine the H.S of Wv every year maybe finding a nugget or two or possibly none.. is not worth it.....

I get that it makes for a good story when a in-state kid gets a scholly and works his way into a starter role. But I have to agree with Slaton. You can't spend too much time scourging for in-state potential gems. If there is a WV kid that is THAT good, you don't have to look too hard because they will be very well known. Why would you use a scholly and spend 4 years developing a 2* kid when you can get a 3* from FL, PA, OH who has played against WAY better competition and is more ready to play D1 ball? I'm not being mean or cold-hearted, just stating facts. I know that sometimes there's more to a kid than a star rating, but more times than not, they higher rated kid will be better.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slaton, I could agree with this statement to a point, but the level of HS football in WVa has been trending up, and the coaches need to at least have an ear to the ground for in state kids with what it takes to play D1 ball.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With the exception of maybe one of the 6 instate players, WVU's staff recruited them as hard as any other recruit anywhere.

Pitts mentioned Dana's lame duck status as being one of the main reasons he chose PSU.

There is a clear reason why WVU's '17 class is ranked in the high 50's...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a tweet on this subject the other day from Chris Anderson. Since '04, WVU has offered 26 WV kids a schollie. 21 have accepted the WVU offer. One of the 5 did not academically qualify. Another one who declined, ended up transferring back to WVU.

This is all about Dana's status...

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a tweet on this subject the other day from Chris Anderson. Since '04, WVU has offered 26 WV kids a schollie. 21 have accepted the WVU offer. One of the 5 did not academically qualify. Another one who declined, ended up transferring back to WVU.

This is all about Dana's status...
Is that why the one kid chose LSU?????? Huh