• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WVU loses another good in state kid

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck to the young man. I wonder if his father is housed at SCI-Rockview. It's located by State College, about 10 miles away. Maybe it's a chance to see more of his father.

Pennsylvania State University in State College, Pennsylvania, began a research seminar class held at Rockview known as the Inside/Out Program led by Dr. Thomas Bernard. The first class was held in the Spring of 2007, and made up of 15 Penn State students. These students were taken right into the heart of the institution every week to attend class alongside of 15 low-security, hand chosen, Rockview inmates. The inmates and the students would work side by side discussing assigned criminology theories to rate their validity and discuss ways in which policy and programs can reduce crime.[citation needed]

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This article is very troubling, this is a year where WVa has more football players of a high talent level than most years and most all of the really good ones are going out of state. Some want to excuse WVU's poor performances the past few years as it is hard to recruit, that WVa doesn't produce football players of a D1 level, BS, we HAVE to get what good talent there is close to home at least looking at WVU!!

Bat 20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have read a lot of reasons why WVU has missed on all of these kids. I wonder how many just want to get out of the state, and go somewhere else. Who knows what goes through the head of a 17/18 year old. I know that was how I felt at that age, just looking for a new adventure. What I didn’t realize at that age, was I would be trying for the rest of my life to get back to WV.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last winter when our dumb fuck AD announced to all of the world that negotiations for an extension for Dana were off until after the '16 season, I said this would have a negative impact on recruiting.

We are now witness to this playing out just as I thought. Shane needed to either fire Dana or extend him.

His incompetence will impact the WVU football program for years into the future. We have lost the best talent in WV, and we are recruiting one of the worst classes in recent history.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The never ending excuses for Holgorsen amaze me, Holgorsen was offered an extension at a fair market salary and declined it. The guy is bringing home $3 million a year for doing a half assed job. Quit blaming Lyons for Holgorsen's failures.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea it's not like these kids are can't miss blue chippers, what is Pitts a 4 star maybe at best? The rest are 2-3 star kids that will need work regardless of where they go.
Dana is still under contract for these two seasons and it's the home state school, something is a miss. Perhaps had Dana made Galloway the OC instead of Wickline he could have pulled him as a WR:noidea:, instead he is the OC and recruiting against us now at Louisville.
If that's the case then that's not on Lyons that's on Dana.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea it's not like these kids are can't miss blue chippers, what is Pitts a 4 star maybe at best? The rest are 2-3 star kids that will need work regardless of where they go.
Dana is still under contract for these two seasons and it's the home state school, something is a miss. Perhaps had Dana made Galloway the OC instead of Wickline he could have pulled him as a WR:noidea:, instead he is the OC and recruiting against us now at Louisville.
Gold, with these guys, NOTHING is on Dana...........

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great point! How many kids did WVU lose to UofL?

What's amiss you ask? Well... WVU has a HC with but 2 years left on his contract. Every other school competing for WV kids or any other WVU recruit has a staff who can promise the kid and their parents that their HC will be around longer than ours. Hell... our coaches who are out there recruiting these kids can't even promise they'll be around after this season. What a shitty position to have to work from...

Yeah... that is on Dana alright!

BTW, out of the HC's making more than Dana's 2.9 million... he has done as well or better than almost 20% of them. To think he would agree to an extension without a raise is so fucking stupid... it amazes me anyone would think differently.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great point! How many kids did WVU lose to UofL?

What's amiss you ask? Well... WVU has a HC with but 2 years left on his contract. Every other school competing for WV kids or any other WVU recruit has a staff who can promise the kid and their parents that their HC will be around longer than ours. Hell... our coaches who are out there recruiting these kids can't even promise they'll be around after this season. What a shitty position to have to work from...

Yeah... that is on Dana alright!

BTW, out of the HC's making more than Dana's 2.9 million... he has done as well or better than almost 20% of them. To think he would agree to an extension without a raise is so fucking stupid... it amazes me anyone would think differently.

That's on Dana too, he could have just signed the fair deal that was offered but... He chose not to. That's on him.
To be honest it was prob the loss of the position coaches rather that the contract issue at least for Pitts so...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's on Dana too, he could have just signed the fair deal that was offered but... He chose not to. That's on him.
To be honest it was prob the loss of the position coaches rather that the contract issue at least for Pitts so...

Well... if the deal had been fair... then you'd be right. Since the deal was bogus... and a true insult... then no one should blame Dana for turning it down.

Lyons would not agree to pay the position coaches... because it didn't follow the national trend. He later changed his mind and signed his position coaches to 2 year extensions with salary bumps... after saying it was not part of his plan.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a crock, Holgorsen is 35th in coaches salary, he is making the same as Bill Snyder, who is ten times the coach, so yes the extension offer was fair. In the real world you get raises based on performance, Holgorsen's performance has been sub par by any accounts, so an extension at his current salary was more than fair, his pay right now is based on Luck's drunken celebration after that big Orange bowl win, so in my opinion, he is being overpaid now.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dana's wins over top 25 year end ranked teams compares quite favorably to those making a ton more money than he is.

For any of the crowd claiming he's being paid fairly... or being overpaid... you base your opinion on nothing but bullshit.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's look at Dan Mullen's record vs. top 25 year end ranked teams. From '09-15... he is 2-29.

Dan Mullen competes in a division that's challenging. But, they play a laughable OOC schedule every year. Oh yeah... Dan Mullen just signed an extension in '15 for a $1 million dollar bump.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's look at Mark Stoops... the UK coach. No HC experience prior to UK.

He signed an extenstion after just one year at UK for over $3 million. He is 0-12 against year end ranked teams.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to put things in perspective...signing day is a long way away from now...and as we have all seen some of these kids could flip between now and February...does anyone think that if LSU lands 3 higher rated player that they don't tell the kid from Huntington..thanks but no thanks ...same for the kid in Charleston with PSU?...long way to February...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Kliff Kingsbury? He is a first time HC at TT. He signed an extension and received a raise following the '13 season. He got a bump over $3 million per year. He is 1-11 vs year end ranked teams.

TT has finished 19-19 overall and 10-17 in conference.