• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WVU defending national champ, #1 and looking to repeat

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strange how a lot of the crime that is pointed to as a reason for more "common sense" gun control happens in the places with the most "common sense" gun control already in place. Chicago and DC have the harshest gun laws in America, the fewest guns in people's hands, BUT the highest crime rates out there. On a flip note, the places with the least "common sense" gun laws also have the lowest crime rates.

Well do the math DAD...You can add up the entire populations of North Dakota, New Hampshire, Vermont, West Virginia, South Dakota, Wyoming, Idaho, and New Mexico and not come up with population of Washington DC/Baltimore region .......

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well do the math DAD...You can add up the entire populations of North Dakota, New Hampshire, Vermont, West Virginia, South Dakota, Wyoming, Idaho, and New Mexico and not come up with population of Washington DC/Baltimore region .......

AND?????? Crime stats are posted per capita, not just raw numbers, so population does not come into play. The fact is that fewer than 1 in 10 people in Chicago and DC own guns, and crime is through the roof. More than 8 in 10 own guns in those other states and crime rates are much lower.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AND?????? Crime stats are posted per capita, not just raw numbers, so population does not come into play. The fact is that fewer than 1 in 10 people in Chicago and DC own guns, and crime is through the roof. More than 8 in 10 own guns in those other states and crime rates are much lower.

Population does come into play....you slice and dice that juuust a bit further and narrow it down to the toughest neighborhoods in this area and then ask the question how many of THOSE households were 80 percent of the crimes happen...own guns ...I but the ratio sky rockets!...as a matter of fact I will bet my house on it!

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at what the leader of the free world did to the Native Americans. Where do you think Hitler got his Idea for concentration camps? Could it have been our concentration camps? Where do you think Hitler got his idea to gas the Jews? Could it have been the from the Native Americans getting blankets wrapped in smallpox? Where did Hitler get the idea to starve them? Maybe us slaughtering the Buffalo??
This might be the dumbest shit I have ever read on this board.:L.. His idea for concentration camps were for slave labor in support of the German war machine. His idea to kill the Jews were to not waste resources on them i.e. food, shelter, etc etc. You end a lot of your sentences with question marks so I guess you are asking the question instead of coming out directly in support of what you want to say which is Hitler got his ideas for the Holocaust from American presidents to which no factual evidence supports.

Nothing you have typed supports any good reason to compare the current president to a dictator from the World Wars.

Why is it all right in our mind to arm ALL Iraqi households with at least one AK47, but then turn around and tell us we can't have one??

Have you ever been to Iraq, Afghanistan, or any of the other countries where there is no law? Have you talked with people who have watched their husbands, sons, daughters, parents dragged into the street and shot in the head, set on fire, raped, beheaded? That is why they need protection like that, when was the last mass murder on your street?

How many sovereign nations have we invaded, because we don't like the way they think? Do you really think when the government of this country decides they don't like the way we the people think they won't do it to us?

I don't know are you going to tell me? How many countries have we invaded because we do not like the way they think? Reasons for invasions Iraq-Oil and terrorist Afghanistan-Terrorist Bosnia-Mass genocide(not really an invasion) Please tell me who in the government will decide "they don't like the way people think", hell if anything this government has proved they can't get on the same page about basic policies let alone a mass invasion of our own country.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Population does come into play....you slice and dice that juuust a bit further and narrow it down to the toughest neighborhoods in this area and then ask the question how many of THOSE households were 80 percent of the crimes happen...own guns ...I but the ratio sky rockets!...as a matter of fact I will bet my house on it!

'Pro-Gun' States Lead the Nation in Per Capita Firearm Death Rates -- re> WASHINGTON, April 24 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ --

More people per capita are killed with gun in Pro Gun states.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You bet or you know??? It is illegal for anyone to own a handgun in DC, and is nearly impossible to have a long gun, so I guess the criminals will obey the one law while breaking 15 others..........As I asked above, how has the war on drugs worked to decrease drug abuse??? What makes you think gun control will "work" any better?

I question if many of the anti gun folks even know what a gun is, I am in my workshop right now and could build a functioning "gun" in 30 minutes, so regardless of what laws are passed to keep the unwashed masses at the mercy of the government, I will be armed.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I though I would be reading about the WVU rifle team in this thread.

Has Obama taken the Mountaineers Musket yet?

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You bet or you know??? It is illegal for anyone to own a handgun in DC, and is nearly impossible to have a long gun, so I guess the criminals will obey the one law while breaking 15 others..........As I asked above, how has the war on drugs worked to decrease drug abuse??? What makes you think gun control will "work" any better?

I question if many of the anti gun folks even know what a gun is, I am in my workshop right now and could build a functioning "gun" in 30 minutes, so regardless of what laws are passed to keep the unwashed masses at the mercy of the government, I will be armed.

don't worry Dad, if you like your guns, you will be able to keep them :whistle:

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Umm.I KNOW!....and what are you talking about?.........

In Washington, D.C., all firearms must be registered with the police, by the terms of the Firearms Control Regulations Act of 1975.
Following the Heller decision, the Washington, D.C. City Council enacted a set of rules regulating the possession of handguns and long guns in citizens' homes. In addition to each firearm being registered with the police, the rules require that D.C. residents undergo a NCIC background check and submit to fingerprinting. The firearms registry photographs the applicant. Residents must take an online gun safety course, and pass a written test on the District's gun laws. Residents must also declare at what address it will be kept. There is a 10-day waiting period from purchase of firearm to possession, and a 30-day period between purchases of successive handguns. Each firearm is registered to an individual only, meaning couples who wish to own firearms must purchase two separate firearms. Handgun registrants must be 21. Long gun registration is allowed for persons 18-21 years of age with a NCIC qualified adult co-registering. Handgun models are limited to any handgun appearing on any one of the California, Massachusetts, Maryland or DC Police "approved rosters" by make/model. Long guns are controlled by an allowed/not-allowed attributes list. Non residents, with a place of business in DC may register a firearm to be maintained at that place of business. [4][5][6][7]
Handgun and long gun ownership/possession licenses must be resubmitted and reapproved every three years before expiration for each firearm owned.

DBAR4WVU

Blue & Gold until I die
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I believe any and all weapons should be available to me should I wish to own it, missiles ect..included"

Seriously? So if I want a nuclear warhead in my backyard, OK with everyone? Bazooka? Can I be the first on my block to have drone equipped with heat-seeking missles?

You know, many folks who believe guns should be easily available are always scared of "lefties" wanting to take their guns. I support the right to own a gun, if you follow the laws and are responsible. But we need to keep our wants within reason. Guns for sport and hunting does not require us to have weapons of mass destruction. All it takes is one nut and your rights are at risk.

Stay reasonable and reasonable people will be able to support you. Go nuts and start claiming you need a fully armed Blackhawk heli and some Patriot missles and even gun supporters will think MAYBE you aren't playing with full deck. Just saying..... making hard for the rest of us. :L

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm.I KNOW!....and what are you talking about?.........

In Washington, D.C., all firearms must be registered with the police, by the terms of the Firearms Control Regulations Act of 1975.
Following the Heller decision, the Washington, D.C. City Council enacted a set of rules regulating the possession of handguns and long guns in citizens' homes. In addition to each firearm being registered with the police, the rules require that D.C. residents undergo a NCIC background check and submit to fingerprinting. The firearms registry photographs the applicant. Residents must take an online gun safety course, and pass a written test on the District's gun laws. Residents must also declare at what address it will be kept. There is a 10-day waiting period from purchase of firearm to possession, and a 30-day period between purchases of successive handguns. Each firearm is registered to an individual only, meaning couples who wish to own firearms must purchase two separate firearms. Handgun registrants must be 21. Long gun registration is allowed for persons 18-21 years of age with a NCIC qualified adult co-registering. Handgun models are limited to any handgun appearing on any one of the California, Massachusetts, Maryland or DC Police "approved rosters" by make/model. Long guns are controlled by an allowed/not-allowed attributes list. Non residents, with a place of business in DC may register a firearm to be maintained at that place of business. [4][5][6][7]
Handgun and long gun ownership/possession licenses must be resubmitted and reapproved every three years before expiration for each firearm owned.

Thank you for proving my point, gun bans and restrictions do not work. :gaah: