• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WVU and Va Tech to play in black diamond series

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Luck just the best?

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is VaTech auditioning for the Big 12? :noidea: Might as well start the rumor.

DrPhil58

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's really great news. Thanks for the info update.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is VaTech auditioning for the Big 12? :noidea: Might as well start the rumor.

You know there was a rumor going around the other day(Monday) talking about how the ACC teams signed the GOR because they were promised the next TV deal would be blockbuster....well since only FSU has really stayed in the spotlight early rumors are that the TV deal is not going to be that good or substantially more next go around. Heard there could be a package deal with FSU, Clemson, Ville Ga Tech, and/or Va Tech coming to Big 12. Good mix of teams if you ask me.

We all know rumors, but I thought this was interesting. :suds:

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know there was a rumor going around the other day(Monday) talking about how the ACC teams signed the GOR because they were promised the next TV deal would be blockbuster....well since only FSU has really stayed in the spotlight early rumors are that the TV deal is not going to be that good or substantially more next go around. Heard there could be a package deal with FSU, Clemson, Ville Ga Tech, and/or Va Tech coming to Big 12. Good mix of teams if you ask me.

We all know rumors, but I thought this was interesting. :suds:

I heard something similar but GaTech not mentioned. I was attempting to figure out who might be the other 2 teams IF this was legit and the Big 12 expanded to 16 teams. But as you said.....rumors.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is strange that the same people who claim that the B12s GOR will keep teams from leaving think the ACCs will just crumble............

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is strange that the same people who claim that the B12s GOR will keep teams from leaving think the ACCs will just crumble............

I believe the thinking is that there will be enough ACC schools promised more money in not just the Big12 but the other P5's that enough of them would leave and break the GOR similar the theory of the Big12 breaking theirs because 6 out of 10 (or whatever the number was) bolt for greener pastures.

From my understanding the LHN would also be transitioned to the Big12 network....again, just rumors at this point:noidea:

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would sure be interesting to see the lawsuits that would result from any of the big leagues folding due to teams leaving for two or three other leagues, WOW what a mess it would be.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok anti Big 12 guy....

That is not what I am saying at all, what the rumor was is that the ACC's TV deal would not be enticing enough for the teams to stay nothing to do with the GOR....they would bolt after the GOR was finished which we all know is sometime down the road. The Big 12 does not have that problem since per team we are making as much as anyone....we have repeatedly gone over this like many other things you do not get.

Rusher....that is what I heard as well. The LHN is having trouble filling time on the network and with the boost in revenue by going to a Big 12 network they would not be losing that much of the pie. I think that is why teams like FSU, Clemson, Ga Tech were mentioned because the markets are very large. The Ville and Va Tech I am not really sure why those teams were mentioned.

IMO the ACC has turned into the Big East, a conf ran by bball schools that happen to have some football teams. There is no doubt the ACC brand is the weakest at this point.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't see that kind of exodus from the ACC...one or maybe two of the non-basketball schools..maybe...I think the Big12 really does like the size of their league..the schools are making more money than they ever imagined..why get to 16 teams? Less Money to go around.. 12 I could see ...but the other 2 teams would have to come from markets or programs that FOX would find value in...have you heard that before?

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The news about Texas' plans to pay their players (looks like they have broke the ice)could have an effect too. Can a place like Miami or Pitt or Wake Forest afford to pay their players while having all those empty seats? Some say no and that they may look to go the way of some of the other old BE schools by doing hoops only.
It's hard to tell, so much of these stories seem to make some sense but in the end they seem to wind up just being theories that are fun to kick around but never have any real legs. Guess we shall see.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once players start getting paid it will change the dynamics of CFB. ACC teams will have a hard time keeping up with less conference revenue and empty stadiums. WVU is positioned well with increasing revenues from the B12 to be able to pay up and compete. I think Maryland saw this coming and took the chance to make the leap to the B12.

When a charter member bolts and pays a big fee to do so, It speaks volumes about the conference. If the ACC can't keep up financially, eventually it will go down just like the BE. The GOR should keep it together for a few years, but unless they can make their product better eventually teams will leave for greener pastures.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The GOR should keep it together for a few years, but unless they can make their product better eventually teams will leave for greener pastures.

Exactly, has nothing to do with GOR, teams want to make money and the current TV deal the ACC has does not look like it would expand the schools wealth. No one no for sure if any of this will happen, to be honest I don't care we are in a great spot right now.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once players start getting paid it will change the dynamics of CFB. ACC teams will have a hard time keeping up with less conference revenue and empty stadiums. WVU is positioned well with increasing revenues from the B12 to be able to pay up and compete. I think Maryland saw this coming and took the chance to make the leap to the B12.

When a charter member bolts and pays a big fee to do so, It speaks volumes about the conference. If the ACC can't keep up financially, eventually it will go down just like the BE. The GOR should keep it together for a few years, but unless they can make their product better eventually teams will leave for greener pastures.

That's a tricky one...where schools lose their money is in Olympic Sports...Maryland IMHO is an anomaly..they are kind of like Cinncy in a way...in a Pro Market and don't have the need or demand to increase the size of their football stadium which revenues go a long way to support the other sports inside a program...

As far as a signal a conference is burning down if a charter member leaves may not be accurate either...Big12 lost Mizzou, TAMU, Nebraska and Colorado and is still standing.. I would suggest it would take another epic paradigm shift again to get a significant movement.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FOUR charter members of the B12 bolted........... I think it is still up in the air as to whether it will be the B12 or ACC is the one to survive, it depends on Texas, Oklahoma, FSU, and Clemson staying put or making a move.