• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WVU’s Lyons on coaching rumor, issues

Bat 20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for passing this on. Knowing human nature, I suspect this will breed it's own set of rumors.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing fans rumors faster than someone in authority denying them, if people would ever learn to keep their mouths shut.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Sure, I would be able to back some of your expansion projects, right after you hire my man RichRod back."

Boom! Case solved:yahoo:

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As it should be unless there is a major scandal. Even Gee acknowledges the elevation in competition going from the Big East into the Big 12.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As it should be unless there is a major scandal. Even Gee acknowledges the elevation in competition going from the Big East into the Big 12.

I noticed that too!

As most of us know, everything runs in cycles. There was a time when Eastern football dominated with PSU and Pitt competing for the MNC in the 70's. SU and others made nice runs in the late 50's.

Eastern football appears to be in a downward cycle at the moment.

PSU is down, BC and RU suck. MD sucks. SU sucks.

Temple has played no one except beating PSU. Pitt has played no one.

Maybe eastern fed recruits can't get the job done right now?

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting Article...didn't realize how much WV is involved with the workings at Wv Tech..and they are building a brand new school!?!?...good for Beckley! Good for Wv Tech!...

Hey Gee gets it..but not sure if anyone had a key takeaway from his comments.. he mentioned about ticket sales as a metric..if that is a big piece Dana is going nowhere!

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get a pro team firing a guy mid season, but NO WAY a college should fire a coach during the season unless the guy has serious legal issues. Wins and losses are NOT reason for mid season change. That is about all I took from Gee's words, he mentioned about playing better competition, BUT TCU made a MUCH bigger jump in the level of competition, and they are on top of the league.....With comments coming from Gee and Lyons, they have read the "rumors" and are on damage control before it gets legs.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get a pro team firing a guy mid season, but NO WAY a college should fire a coach during the season unless the guy has serious legal issues. Wins and losses are NOT reason for mid season change. That is about all I took from Gee's words, he mentioned about playing better competition, BUT TCU made a MUCH bigger jump in the level of competition, and they are on top of the league.....With comments coming from Gee and Lyons, they have read the "rumors" and are on damage control before it gets legs.

Makes you wonder what Miami is thinking. Return of Butch Jones? Jimmie Johnson?

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes you wonder what Miami is thinking. Return of Butch Jones? Jimmie Johnson?

Not sure Jones would be a serious candidate....the UNC issues are not that far in the past!

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Miami has a plan, or did some big boosters call them up and say to fire him, so they reacted by doing just that with no thought for a replacement.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure Jones would be a serious candidate....the UNC issues are not that far in the past!

Butch Davis?

That man can recruit. He brought arguably the greatest accumulated talent in the history of college football to play for the U. How many of the kids from his team were first round NFL draft picks?

Butch is likely a serious candidate. However, he is getting up there in age…

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butch Davis?

That man can recruit. He brought arguably the greatest accumulated talent in the history of college football to play for the U. How many of the kids from his team were first round NFL draft picks?

Butch is likely a serious candidate. However, he is getting up there in age…

Hey if I have the right "Student Ambassadors" and a Hot Tub I could recruit to!

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm not mistaken Davis was cleared of any wrong doing. It looked like he was dirty to me too but I'm pretty sure I've heard it addressed and he is fine. If I am Miami I go ahead and hire him right now and let him begin recruiting, I think he would be a great get for them.... Or us for that matter with his FL connections should we wind up needing a coach.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm not mistaken Davis was cleared of any wrong doing. It looked like he was dirty to me too but I'm pretty sure I've heard it addressed and he is fine. If I am Miami I go ahead and hire him right now and let him begin recruiting, I think he would be a great get for them.... Or us for that matter with his FL connections should we wind up needing a coach.

??......ooohh...I don't think so!

Former University of North Carolina head football coach Butch Davis believes he is being scapegoated by his former university as it deals with the largest academic fraud scandal in the history of college sports.

Davis, in an interview with CNN on Tuesday, said, "I can tell you with every fiber in me that I did not know about cheating."

His statements come after a caller identifying himself as Tydreke Powell, one of Davis' former players, told North Carolina radio station WJMH that "everyone" in the athletic department knew about so-called paper classes, and that Davis even told his players, "If you all came here for an education, you should have gone to Harvard."