• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WV OFFSEASON BASKETBALL THREAD

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that the basketball season for 2012-2013 is a fading nightmare, we can focus on where this team goes from here. A 13-19 season was a complete and utter failure on all accounts. So what now? Well, gone are the likes of Aaron Brown, Jabari Hainds, Vlady Gerun and on with the new such as Nathan Adrian (Morgantown, W.Va./Morgantown HS), Jonathan Holton (Miami, Fla./Palm Beach State Community College [Fla.]), Elijah Macon (Columbus, Ohio/Brewster Academy [N.H.]), Brandon Watkins (Decatur, Ga./Grady HS) and Devin Williams (Cincinnati, Ohio/Montverde Academy [Fla.]) in the 2013-14 recruiting class.

Today Huggins adds another long big man to class of 2013-14 in Remi Dibo, a 6-foot-9, 220-pound forward currently attending Junior College at Casper College in Wyoming. As a sophomore at Casper College this past season, he averaged 18.2 points, connected on 41.9 percent of his 3-point attempts, averaged 4.9 rebounds and shot 82.7 percent from the free throw line. Dibo led Casper to a 24-8 record.

So maybe, the Mountaineers have found someone to fill a huge scoring void that existed last year. Lets truely hope so.

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wvuman thanks for the post. Looks like we have a nice power forward to work with. Lets hope he can clean his act up.

wvu_man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No problem DieHard...I just hope he really has matured as the article states. We just can't afford to have another/more cancerous, bad attitudes on this team.

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a longtime observer of Huggins, he is a risk taker with young men who struggle with character and decision making. It leaves some of shaking our heads, BUT, he has had measurable success doing so. Praying that he finds the chemistry this year. And please Coach Huggins, cut out the filthy language, using the Lords name in vain to make your point, a man need not to do so with your ability and references. Makes it awfully tough to see those statements coming from the head coach, especially in a state the claims itself to West "By God" Virginia!

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
West Virginia University basketball coach Bob Huggins announced today that Keaton Miles has asked for his release and plans to transfer.

Miles, a 6-foot-7 sophomore forward from Dallas, played in 29 games this past season, averaging 2.6 points and 1.7 rebounds per game.

Well, the house is being cleaned and the BS is hitting the road. At least we are cleaning up the effects of a pattern of horrible recruiting. Gonna be real interesting as to how we replace this open roster spot. I see Huggs going the Junior college transfer route.

wvu_man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn...I always thought the Miles had the athleticism and potential to be a great player. I hope Huggy has a plan. After last season, it's gonna be brutal to have to sit through another sub par year :gaah:

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why now? If he were leaving, you would think that he would go with everyone else.

After last years performance, I have no problem with anyone leaving.

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well gentleman, the Die hard has connections. Let me fill you in on a nugget as I have an Ex-Alumni player who told me late last year that there were 4 cancers on last years team. 3 of them are now gone. I was told 3 or 4 would be gone so that has held true. Reason cited was work ethic and an inability to follow instruction. We all know who the 4th player is and he is out of luck if he steps out of line one more time. I can assure you Huggins will not be embarassed again like he was in the 2012-13 season.

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things are definately looking up. I felt all season that this was a betrayal by the players, not Huggins. He cleans ship, always has, always will.

jgb

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well when you recruit Wussy's that's what you get. Players that only care about themselfs and not the team

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They may not be Wussy's but good ball players with questionable character. When you are not in Kentucky or North Carolina, you have to take what you can get. If they don't work out, dump em and get some more.

7 incoming Freshman if Dunbar's Dexter Miles passes his ACT test. I'm excited about this years team. I bet we could play all Freshman and do better than last year.

jgb

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't that crazy?? 7 coming in. Yes last year was a shame for hugs. I hope they play more like a team this coming season. You have to weed out the bad ones thats for sure

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok the 4th cancer has hit the road in a mutual decision. Aaric Murray has taken his talents and off the court issues to another school. Good luck pal with that attitude. Hey can you say Marshall? Good fit there.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping Murray would leave. Guess he got tired of Huggy's treadmill. Out with the old in with the new.

Here is to starting 3 Frosh and 2 Sophs and a new streak of NCAA tourneys

DBAR4WVU

Blue & Gold until I die
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I posted on the old CBS boards right before they shut them down about the fact next seasons WVU team would have many of 2012's problem players still on the team and they would be expected to lead the team in 2013. After Hinds, Miles, Brown, Gerun and now Murray have exited - many of the problems will be gone with a few still reamining (you know who you are). It now appears we have 2 solid JUCO transfers (both 6-9, 220 + lbs.) coming in to immediately contribute and they will bring some solid rebounding and shooting to the mix.

4 freshmen also come on board. It is up to the remaining players from last year to step up and lead these guys and show them how to be a part of this team. The problem, some of the guys from last year were part of the problem and didn't follow the rules and help this team to unravel.

Let's hope they get the message for the coming season and decide to contribute and execute the coach's game plan. Else we face yet another long season of disappointment.

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never fear. Huggins is not one to make the same mistake twice. I will guarantee you Character has been examined more closely with the new kids than it was with the old ones. If the new class will work to get better, Huggins will make them better and the team better. We just had a bunch of crying pussies last year who pouted and complained. Well, by god they are gone now. Should be a lesson for the other whiners to shut the fuck up and play basketball.

DrPhil58

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling that Hugy will have his players ready, even if it takes 6-10 games to start gelling as a team. Next year, is bound to be much better than last year...right?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huggy promised he would fix it! I hope I never have to watch another WVU team like last year's ever again.