• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WSIS Week 7

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Multiple different leagues I have questions for...

League 1 (Standard pts)
Need help choosing my WR3 & RB2 out of the following:
WRs: Snead or Crabtree
RBs: Randle, Crowell, West, Ellington

League 2 (Standard Pts)
Need flex help out of the following:
Yeldon (Q - limited practice Thurs), Tate, Hurns (Q - limited practice Thurs), Clay

League 3 (Standard Pts)
Decker (Q - limited practice Thurs) or V-Jax

League 4 (PPR)
Need to choose my flex out of:
Smith Sr, Benjamin, V-Jax, K Davis, Cameron

Thanks in advance! :suds:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Initial thoughts:

1. Crabtree & Crowell
Crabtree has been generating points and off a bye he's hard to resist. Add in that SD and the hot-handed Rivers are likely to rack up the score... Could force OAK to throw a lot. Brees looks to be getting into a groove though so Snead is tempting. He's more boom or bust though. Crowell looks to be the safest option, albeit not a great one. Randle will not be the starter this week. West is going up against a good Run D. And Ellington only got 9 snaps total last week.

2. Yeldon (if healthy)
Stiff D he's facing but he's likely to get a lot of touches if he's ready to go. EJ Manuel isn't going to light up the scoreboard so the run game will stay intact. I like Hurns' chances too so I could go either way with those 2. If this was PPR then Tate would be a great option. But the lack of yards, TDs, and all-around offense is hard to trust. Same for Clay. Good amount of targets for each of them.

3. Decker (if healthy)
Kind of a no-brainer unless I'm missing something. V-Jax scares me because TB has gone very run-heavy as of late. 1 catch for 14 yds against JAX last week? Hot damn!

4. Smith Sr
Tough matchup but the targets will be there and its PPR. I expect BAL to play from behind most of this matchup. Garb time points could be savage! Hard not to choose him. Benjamin is tempting.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snead and Ellington

Hurns

Decker

With unbelievable shock, Benjamin.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No... you're right about Smitty in #4

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Multiple different leagues I have questions for...

League 1 (Standard pts)
Need help choosing my WR3 & RB2 out of the following:
WRs: Snead or Crabtree
RBs: Randle, Crowell, West, Ellington

League 2 (Standard Pts)
Yeldon (Q - limited practice Thurs), Tate, Hurns (Q - limited practice Thurs), Clay

League 3 (Standard Pts)
Decker (Q - limited practice Thurs) or V-Jax

League 4 (PPR)
Need to choose my flex out of:
Smith Sr, Benjamin, V-Jax, K Davis, Cameron

Thanks in advance! :suds:
Sorry face, I never check the sub forum. .
League one I'm going Snead and Randle

League#2, Tate

League #3 I'm going Decker as long as he's a full go on Sunday..seems like he's always good for 10+ if he plays

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Initial thoughts:

1. Crabtree & Crowell
Crabtree has been generating points and off a bye he's hard to resist. Add in that SD and the hot-handed Rivers are likely to rack up the score... Could force OAK to throw a lot. Brees looks to be getting into a groove though so Snead is tempting. He's more boom or bust though. Crowell looks to be the safest option, albeit not a great one. Randle will not be the starter this week. West is going up against a good Run D. And Ellington only got 9 snaps total last week.

2. Yeldon (if healthy)
Stiff D he's facing but he's likely to get a lot of touches if he's ready to go. EJ Manuel isn't going to light up the scoreboard so the run game will stay intact. I like Hurns' chances too so I could go either way with those 2. If this was PPR then Tate would be a great option. But the lack of yards, TDs, and all-around offense is hard to trust. Same for Clay. Good amount of targets for each of them.

3. Decker (if healthy)
Kind of a no-brainer unless I'm missing something. V-Jax scares me because TB has gone very run-heavy as of late. 1 catch for 14 yds against JAX last week? Hot damn!

4. Smith Sr
Tough matchup but the targets will be there and its PPR. I expect BAL to play from behind most of this matchup. Garb time points could be savage! Hard not to choose him. Benjamin is tempting.
As to my objections to your initial thoughts. .
Crabtree is Crabtree..if they're playing catchup or not. Snead is going to benefit from a likely shoot out and Cooks being covered by V. Davis, the rest of the Colts secondary belongs on the practice squad.
Crowell is no safer the Randle, Duke Johnson is taking more and more of his role every week, and Randle is still the starter. It seems like DMC is being given Dunbar's role, and CMIKE is sliding into DMC's, at leat for this week. If he outperforms Randle, next week might be different. West and Ellington are non factors imho

2. Yeldon facing the Bills D is a terrible play. Hurns wouldn't be terrible, but plays second fiddle to Robinson, and with both Bills corners decent, I don't expect a lot of volume there. Clay might lead in targets, but coming from Manuel, will any of them be catchable?

3. Agreed

4. Agreed

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As to my objections to your initial thoughts. .
Crabtree is Crabtree..if they're playing catchup or not. Snead is going to benefit from a likely shoot out and Cooks being covered by V. Davis, the rest of the Colts secondary belongs on the practice squad.
Crowell is no safer the Randle, Duke Johnson is taking more and more of his role every week, and Randle is still the starter. It seems like DMC is being given Dunbar's role, and CMIKE is sliding into DMC's, at leat for this week. If he outperforms Randle, next week might be different. West and Ellington are non factors imho

2. Yeldon facing the Bills D is a terrible play. Hurns wouldn't be terrible, but plays second fiddle to Robinson, and with both Bills corners decent, I don't expect a lot of volume there. Clay might lead in targets, but coming from Manuel, will any of them be catchable?

3. Agreed

4. Agreed
1. I'm starting to agree that Snead is the better option. Good call Treff & TKO! I thought that Randle had lost his job to Michael? I must have read something wrong. If he splits with Michael I could see that serving as a huge motivational boost for him.

2. Hurns & Tate seem to be the best options. And I'd rather ride the better offense out of the 2. Hurns should produce better than Tate IMO. Clay is a target whore, but like you said, pretty unreliable.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snead and Ellington

Hurns

Decker

Curious as to why you chose Ellington in league 1. Nothing wrong with it, just wondering if there is any info that you may know?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snead and Ellington

Hurns

Decker

4 - Smith... yes, Benjamin has a bad matchup too, I'll take the vet.
3 - Decker... kind of the same play here vs VJax, same depth chart rank, etc. coin flip
2 - Hurns... I trust more than Tate, and the Bills shut down #1's.
1 - Snead... hoping he doesn't draw Davis, but they'll move him around and he gets lots of targets in a shootout. Ellington... I can see CJK getting no room against BMore and the "pass game" back breaks some.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and don't like Randle's situation anymore than Ellington's... actually, less. Giants have been pretty good against the run. And Matt Cassell is easy to defend. The box will be tight, because he can't throw deep.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only thing with Hurns vs Tate... the Bills D has something to prove this week. I wouldn't be surprised to see them keep the Jags out of the end zone. The reasons I picked Hurns are 1. as said, Bills shut down #1's. 2. Bortles is playing well and the Bills haven't been. 3. Although Hurns has scored in four straight, they will be throwing, and he will be targeted. EJ sucks so bad that the Jags will have field position if Bortles plays well enough... and at least give them red zone shots.

Tate is hard to judge. Lance Moore coming on, Ebron coming back, the sense of the need to get a run game going, and AP taking up the clock on the other side... and Calvin... I like Hurns' floor much more.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im also

Snead - Ellington

Hurns

Decker

i like Cameron here i just cant forget what kelce did to the Texans in week 1

yet ill still also say S Smith Jr

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Face, I never visit this sub-thread.

I like Randle here. TKO brings up some good points, but with all of the talk about Christine Michael stealing some carries; then the Boys back-tracking a little; I suspect Randle may now have a chip on his shoulder... yeah... Randle.

Hurns.

Decker. (But I hate him. Tho he is better than VJax.)

Kniles Davis - Smith Sr. is tempting. But Zona at home in a prime time game might be too much for Baltimore. Meanwhile, Andy Reid will not put the entire game in Alex Smith's hands. So I still expect a balanced attack against an improving, yet still vulnerable, Steelers D.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 - Smith... yes, Benjamin has a bad matchup too, I'll take the vet.
3 - Decker... kind of the same play here vs VJax, same depth chart rank, etc. coin flip
2 - Hurns... I trust more than Tate, and the Bills shut down #1's.
1 - Snead... hoping he doesn't draw Davis, but they'll move him around and he gets lots of targets in a shootout. Ellington... I can see CJK getting no room against BMore and the "pass game" back breaks some.
Good point. Only thing that I don't like about Ellington is that he seems to be a distant afterthought in AZ's offense. B'more's D is almost identical to Pittsburgh's. Both have decent-to-solid run D's but very vulnerable in the passing game. And judging by what Ellington did against the Steelers, he's pretty risky. But that has more to do with playcalling and useage, because he did get 47yds off 2 catches.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll make sure to only post WSIS's on the main FF forum since nobody frequents this subforum anymore.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for all the replies gentlemen! :suds:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kniles Davis - Smith Sr. is tempting. But Zona at home in a prime time game might be too much for Baltimore. Meanwhile, Andy Reid will not put the entire game in Alex Smith's hands. So I still expect a balanced attack against an improving, yet still vulnerable, Steelers D.

The Steeler fan inside me will probably not allow starting West or Davis. Steelers run D has been shutting down opposing offensive run games.

Cards - 55yds
Chargers - 52yds
Ravens - 191yds
Rams - 71yds
49ers - 111 (inflated by Kaep's 51yds. In reality their run game only produced 60yds)
Pats - 80yds

Aside from the Ravens game, the Steelers D have been stout! Rank 6th in yds/gm against the run.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya. Fan loyalty. But since it is PPR, I'm guessing that Davis gets a few touches in the passing game too. So don't just look at rush yards.