• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WS Game 5 GDT

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure it's been posted somewhere already in this thread (I haven't read the whole thing - YET!), but this is a link to a great video that never fails to bring a tear to my eye:

2010 World Series Game 5: Twenty-Seven Outs

Set to the music of Coldplay - "Fix You" (instrumental)

2010 World Series Game 5: Twenty-Seven Outs on Vimeo

I'm saving that video for my grandchildren to watch. That is an awesome video, I will never forget that. Almost makes me cry for joy.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI, guys...

I just found this myself, but the right-most option on the menu bar of this site has an option "rate this thread". Not sure exactly how it affects anything, but this thread certainly deserves a full 5-stars from everyone on this site!

the_broom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think you put that up on the Disney board in January...haven't seen it since. That is the BEST video of the WS I've seen. Still gives me goosebumps. Man, Timmy was dominant. I'd forgotten that Andres was in RF and RoRo in CF. Renteria's bomb....just so much awesomy goodness. Healthy Freddy, healthy Buster, healthy PTB. Rent and UUUU; Huff not sucking.

I want to go back to 2010.

I wasn't a member of this board back in the day, so I missed this....I remember being glued to my television with my son and wife. What a fantastic game....and when Wilson blew that last pitch past Cruz I started screaming...than I broke down into tears....

I admit that's not too manly, but I just teared up again watching the video of the "27 outs"....

Thank you 2010 Giants! I will never forget you!

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't a member of this board back in the day, so I missed this....I remember being glued to my television with my son and wife. What a fantastic game....and when Wilson blew that last pitch past Cruz I started screaming...than I broke down into tears....

I admit that's not too manly, but I just teared up again watching the video of the "27 outs"....

Not a single one of us here would be considered a "normal" fan. By the mere fact that we all spend an INSANE amount of time on a message board talking about this team is proof enough that each one of us has AT LEAST one screw loose, somewhere.

That said, and given the audience you are addressing, I don't think that is such a strange story.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's actually quite welcome, broom. Thank you for sharing, and I'm glad you got to have such a wonderful moment with your family.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What they said, Broom. Real fans don't apologize for breaking down when a championship is won.

Faux fans crap their pants all season long b/c they're afraid to risk the letdown and thus never experience what you and I and lots of others on this board did.

You sir, are a REAL fan.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is one of my favorite things on the internet.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

simply awesome, broom - make sure you teach your son the right way and pull for the Blank n Orange!

I had one of those teary eyed moments too when I went back to PacBell and reflected back on all the good and bad memories of following this team - through radio, tv, baseball cards, jerseys, games - the Giants have always been connected to my family (as I'm sure it has for all of you guys)

*good thread bump and thanks for the link Mays - another little reminder why I've given Wilson and Huff and the others a free pass this year

(not you Tejada! :shakes fist: )

the_broom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thanks guys! My son has become a Giants fan, and he will be able to tell his kids that he saw Bonds play and he'll be able to tell them about the 2010 Championship. He was there with me for every game!

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's back!!!

HAHA!! Yo yo yo! Hey yeah I guess I am back... been busy or something. Where was I when last I was here... oh yeah...

WORLD CHAMPIONS MOTHATRUCKA!!!

Suck it dodgers! Back where you bums belong in the shitter.

Beltran is back too, I feel a playoff push coming!

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lineup per Baggs:

RF Torres
2B Sanchez
C Posey
LF Ross
3B Uribe
1B Huff
DH Burrell
SS Renteria
CF Rowand

P Lincecum

Ross 4, UUU 5 is interesting. Good that they dropped Pat to 7. Gamer on the field to celebrate his second WS victory?

It's really hard to imagine that lineup being any good, given their 2011 seasons. Torres sucked, Freddy was hurt, Posey was hurt, Ross was mediocre, UUU was shitty and a doyer, Huff sucked, PTMFB was done, Rent was shitty and a Red, and RoRo was done. Not a healthy, decent player to be found.

Wow; we won a WS with that lineup.

Just Wow.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really hard to imagine that lineup being any good, given their 2011 seasons. Torres sucked, Freddy was hurt, Posey was hurt, Ross was mediocre, UUU was shitty and a doyer, Huff sucked, PTMFB was done, Rent was shitty and a Red, and RoRo was done. Not a healthy, decent player to be found.

Wow; we won a WS with that lineup.

Just Wow.

What I saw in this post...

Blah blah blah blah blah WE WON A WS blah blah blah blah

It never gets old. :)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried to test myself by naming (from memory) the 25 man roster for the '10 WS, and I got 23 (or 24, depending on who the 25th man was) of them. Not bad, I think (given that one of the names I missed was Bum...)

Interestingly, the G's (and the Rangers, for that matter), only played 24 players. Who was it that did not play? Was it Runz or Ford?

Also, I knew that Panda had completely disappeared during the post season (well, all of 2010, but the PS especially), but I did not realize that he only played in 1 WS game. He REALLY took that one to heart and has been working hard to reach his potential ever since...

EDIT: It was Whitey. I forgot him...

Last edited by a moderator:

Giantsmojo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried to test myself by naming (from memory) the 25 man roster for the '10 WS, and I got 23 (or 24, depending on who the 25th man was) of them. Not bad, I think (given that one of the names I missed was Bum...)

Interestingly, the G's (and the Rangers, for that matter), only played 24 players. Who was it that did not play? Was it Runz or Ford?

Also, I knew that Panda had completely disappeared during the post season (well, all of 2010, but the PS especially), but I did not realize that he only played in 1 WS game. He REALLY took that one to heart and has been working hard to reach his potential ever since...

Hard to imagine that Panda didn't play more then 1 game in the WS the way he has played since.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

EDIT: It was Whitey. I forgot him...

Luckily, that can't be your fault.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck yeah!! This is the most awesome thing!

Out at the bars in SF (The Bitter End on Clement). The whole city just went ape crazy bananas! I'm speechless. My wife cried when I got home. My kid jumped up and down. SF in DA HOUSE!!!!

Just re-read this whole thread. Love this post!