• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WS Game 5 GDT

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still get the chills everytime I see or think or hear the last out. Hell, I just got chills right now typing this!

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got home just in time to watch the final out. I love Jon Miller and all, and listening to games in my car is a fine substitute*, but I definitely prefer seeing the action as it happens. Loved seeing the expressions on the Giants' faces after they won it. I know that most of them are millionaires, but it's nice to see that they have a passion for what they do and that they really care about winning.

*I grew up listening to many games on the radio back in the day when I didn't have cable. If I remember correctly, pretty much only road games were on regular television.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It lives on in our hearts... Seriously, though, I'm just counting the days until we have the WS Game 5 Thread for 2011. I'm not getting ahead of myself. :)

In other news, the Giants' World Series Trophy visits San Luis Obispo's Farmer's Market tonight, making it even more crowded while I try to get some broccoli and showing no effort to dispel the rumor that this is still a cow-town. People were camping out last night for the farthest south the trophy will go in a city that used to be about 60-40 Dodgers to Giants fans, and is now about 75-25 G-Men vs. Dogs. Thanks for helping ease the burden of Zito's and Rowand's contracts!

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So on the ride in to work today, this thought came crashing into my brain: Fuck New York, Fuck Boston, Fuck Philly -- the SAN FRANCISCO Giants are the World Champs.

That is all.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So on the ride in to work today, this thought came crashing into my brain: Fuck New York, Fuck Boston, Fuck Philly -- the SAN FRANCISCO Giants are the World Champs.

That is all.

???

I have been living under a rock for the last 2 years, and I have just been watching ESPN for the last week...

I could have SWORN that the Yanks, Sox and Phils all split the Championship last year...

What are you talking about?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys want to hear something sad? Every once in a while, I play the last out from the World Series from my DVR just to see Buster running around healthy after catching the last strike. God, I miss that guy. :sad:

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys want to hear something sad? Every once in a while, I play the last out from the World Series from my DVR just to see Buster running around healthy after catching the last strike. God, I miss that guy. :sad:

Buster had that run to the mound down pat. Had plenty of practice after SD and PHI :D

He'll be back..for the 2012 playoff run

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My mother-in-law just gave me the 8 CD MLB Giants World Series set...I've heard really good things about it, and I've got two 11 hour flights in the next two weeks.....got heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeem!

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buster had that run to the mound down pat. Had plenty of practice after SD and PHI :D

He'll be back..for the 2012 playoff run

Thanks, SFAnthem. I'm putting lots of faith in modern medicine, our training staff, and most of all, in Buster himself. The will power and determination that is evident in this extraordinary young man makes me believe that he will be back better than ever.

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Anybody feeling down, just read this thread (hopefully now that it's bolded you will open it.) It's works wonders, reading this after NN's crap is like getting laid

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure it's been posted somewhere already in this thread (I haven't read the whole thing - YET!), but this is a link to a great video that never fails to bring a tear to my eye:

2010 World Series Game 5: Twenty-Seven Outs

Set to the music of Coldplay - "Fix You" (instrumental)

2010 World Series Game 5: Twenty-Seven Outs on Vimeo

Last edited by a moderator:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure it's been posted somewhere already in this thread (I haven't read the whole thing - YET!), but this is a link to a great video that never fails to bring a tear to my eye:

2010 World Series Game 5: Twenty-Seven Outs

Set to the music of Coldplay - "Fix You" (instrumental)

2010 World Series Game 5: Twenty-Seven Outs on Vimeo

I think you put that up on the Disney board in January...haven't seen it since. That is the BEST video of the WS I've seen. Still gives me goosebumps. Man, Timmy was dominant. I'd forgotten that Andres was in RF and RoRo in CF. Renteria's bomb....just so much awesomy goodness. Healthy Freddy, healthy Buster, healthy PTB. Rent and UUUU; Huff not sucking.

I want to go back to 2010.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you put that up on the Disney board in January...haven't seen it since. That is the BEST video of the WS I've seen. Still gives me goosebumps. Man, Timmy was dominant. I'd forgotten that Andres was in RF and RoRo in CF. Renteria's bomb....just so much awesomy goodness. Healthy Freddy, healthy Buster, healthy PTB. Rent and UUUU; Huff not sucking.

And this was worth the 77th viewing:

Last edited by a moderator:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And with the way Panda is playing this year, it is hard to believe that just 10 months ago, he had completely lost his job and was a detriment every time he stepped on the diamond. With Posey back and a full Panda next year, it will be fun :)

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some of those moments are indeed incredibly priceless. The look on Molina's face after he strikes out ("Uh-oh - I've seen this before, and there's no way we're gonna touch him!"). The girls in the stands crying behind the plate (or was that NN?) as Weezy mows 'em down. Hamilton little "Oh s--t" kick after Rent's bomb. Burrell's s--t-eating grin after Rent's bomb.

"Fearfully and wonderfully made"

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of those moments are indeed incredibly priceless. The look on Molina's face after he strikes out ("Uh-oh - I've seen this before, and there's no way we're gonna touch him!"). The girls in the stands crying behind the plate (or was that NN?) as Weezy mows 'em down. Hamilton little "Oh shit" kick after Rent's bomb. Burrell's shit-eating grin after Rent's bomb.

"Fearfully and wonderfully made"

Fixed it for ya.

Welcome to a truly AWESOME board...

(surprisingly, the only word that is banned is "p0rn")

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fixed it for ya.

Welcome to a truly AWESOME board...

(surprisingly, the only word that is banned is "p0rn")

Ha ha! Thank you. So that word is banned, but not the pictures?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha ha! Thank you. So that word is banned, but not the pictures?

:noidea:

Makes no sense. Although, to be fair, I have yet to see any blatant nudity on this site. A few butt cracks and some minor nip-slip, but nothing blatant.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I played about 30 seconds of the Wilson-Cruz AB (the lead in shot through Kuip saying "this party's just getting started") at the beginning of this presentation I did involving sports, marketing and the Giants. Instant win for me LOL! Perfect intro.