• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wrestling Mount Rushmore?

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched the 97 Fatal Fourway with Hart/Vader/Austin/Taker.

Hart and Taker were the stars of the show....damn.

If anyone didn't think Hart couldn't be front and center. I think the matches I've pointed out here show he was a worthy heir to hogan's throne as the #1 guy in WWF since Hogan went to WCW.

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hogan
Flair
Snuka
Andre

I'm probably older than most of you. I checked out of Wrestling by 89-90

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hogan
Flair
Snuka
Andre

I'm probably older than most of you. I checked out of Wrestling by 89-90
I started following it in the mid/late '80s, watched sparingly in the mid 90s, got REALLY into it again in the late 90s to early 00s. I lost interest once the Monday Wars were over. WWF/E got lazy and TNA was just pure cheese. I haven't watched since.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched the 97 Fatal Fourway with Hart/Vader/Austin/Taker.

Hart and Taker were the stars of the show....damn.

If anyone didn't think Hart couldn't be front and center. I think the matches I've pointed out here show he was a worthy heir to hogan's throne as the #1 guy in WWF since Hogan went to WCW.
I don't think anyone argues that Hart wasn't one of the very great ring tachticians. And he was adiquate on the mic. But his character (to me) never had a hook. And to be YUGE in pro wrestling, the character and mic skills are more important.

Hell, how long did it take for Benoit to FINALLY get a singles push? And once Foley finally got his, Schiavone actually mocked it on live TV.

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started0 following it in the mid/late '80s, watched sparingly in the mid 90s, got REALLY into it again in the late 90s to early 00s. I lost interest once the Monday Wars were over. WWF/E got lazy and TNA was just pure cheese. I haven't watched since.

I did enjoy the NWO era. My brother was 10 years younger and really got into wrestling when he was about 10 (95-98) so I took him and his buds to a couple matches. It was good entertainment. In fact, one of his "buds" is in the minor circuit (The "Genetic Jackpot") and recently had an interview with WWE. Don't think he was hired though.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone argues that Hart wasn't one of the very great ring tachticians. And he was adiquate on the mic. But his character (to me) never had a hook. And to be YUGE in pro wrestling, the character and mic skills are more important.

Hell, how long did it take for Benoit to FINALLY get a singles push? And once Foley finally got his, Schiavone actually mocked it on live TV.

Yeah, that was hilarious (re: Foley).

Idk, Hart's character was an immediate draw to me.

i didn't like the jackasses like Austin or DX.

I'm just saying that it was said in this thread that Hart couldn't carry WWF after Hogan, and I think he did. He has some epic matches.

Now someone who I think deserves a looooooooong consideration for the Rushmore is the Undertaker.

Think about longevity, originality (of both character and moves), creativity, status. He wasn't the best mic guy, but that was kinda part of his character design.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hulk Hogan
Rick Flair
The Crusher
Andre the Giant

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that was hilarious (re: Foley).

Idk, Hart's character was an immediate draw to me.

i didn't like the jackasses like Austin or DX.

I'm just saying that it was said in this thread that Hart couldn't carry WWF after Hogan, and I think he did. He has some epic matches.

Now someone who I think deserves a looooooooong consideration for the Rushmore is the Undertaker.

Think about longevity, originality (of both character and moves), creativity, status. He wasn't the best mic guy, but that was kinda part of his character design.
Yea, UT is one of the most unique guys in the history of the industry. I would not invest in him as my "anchor", but he was an absolute horse for so long. I think his character was what allowed him to last so long, but I think it also prevented him being trusted with the keys to fed. His lack of mic time (skills or character? I don't remember his "Mean Marc" days in WCW) I think stopped him from being the face of the WWE across from guys like Austin, Rock and Cena.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, UT is one of the most unique guys in the history of the industry. I would not invest in him as my "anchor", but he was an absolute horse for so long. I think his character was what allowed him to last so long, but I think it also prevented him being trusted with the keys to fed. His lack of mic time (skills or character? I don't remember his "Mean Marc" days in WCW) I think stopped him from being the face of the WWE across from guys like Austin, Rock and Cena.

Yeah it's just an interesting argument.

Especially when you consider the creativity in both his move set (tombstone, walking the top rope, even the way he sat up like a corpse waking up in the morgue) and his matches (casket, hell in a cell, buried alive, inferno match)....guy has a very interesting place in wrestling history.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Angle COULD have been the top, #1 name if not for the injury. He had the real-world sports cache that few others could bring, legit mic skills and a character that really connected with the fans (both as a heal and a face). If not for the injury, no way does WWE let him walk to TNA.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it's just an interesting argument.

Especially when you consider the creativity in both his move set (tombstone, walking the top rope, even the way he sat up like a corpse waking up in the morgue) and his matches (casket, hell in a cell, buried alive, inferno match)....guy has a very interesting place in wrestling history.
Hell in the Cell was an absolute classic. But was that his doing, or Foleys?

And WWE completely bungled the streak. Reportedly, even UT was pissed to pass it to a part-timer. He supposedly WANTED to lose to one of the kids so he could pass the rub properly.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell in the Cell was an absolute classic. But was that his doing, or Foleys?

And WWE completely bungled the streak. Reportedly, even UT was pissed to pass it to a part-timer. He supposedly WANTED to lose to one of the kids so he could pass the rub properly.

I disagree that he should've ever lost.

Let him walk-off with that.

The first Hell in a Cell was UT vs. Shawn Michaels.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Angle COULD have been the top, #1 name if not for the injury. He had the real-world sports cache that few others could bring, legit mic skills and a character that really connected with the fans (both as a heal and a face). If not for the injury, no way does WWE let him walk to TNA.

Funny, that's why I think Lesnar could. He's Angle mixed with Kane.

but i don't know anything about his mic skills.

Maybe Angle upped his mic game from when I stopped watching. Cause he was kinda meh when I had him (granted he was just starting out then).

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Biggest backfire in wrestling history when millions switched channels from a live WCW show to see Foley win his first WWF heavyweight title on a taped show.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is ESPN covering the WWE?

Well, I guess if the cover the NBA...

:dhd:

Or the NFL.....

last year's SB and that call in Jets/Pats yesterday....prove why WWE is a better use of my time.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is ESPN covering the WWE?

Well, I guess if they cover the NBA...

:dhd:
I think it has to do with whoever owns the USA Network (home of WWE's weekly TV programs) also owning ESPN. But don't quote me on that.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it has to do with whoever owns the USA Network (home of WWE's weekly TV programs) also owning ESPN. But don't quote me on that.
Nah, USA is owned by NBC, while ABC owns ESPN