• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WR DeAnthony Arnett

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR DeAnthony Arnett looking to transfer, but process is ongoing GoVolsXtra

Tennessee wide receiver DeAnthony Arnett appears to be on his way out of the program, but important discussions and decisions have yet to transpire.

Arnett, who is seeking a release from his scholarship to be closer to his ailing father in Saginaw, Mich., has not met with coach Derek Dooley to officially discuss the terms of his release, a source close to Arnett told the News Sentinel on Thursday. He can not officially ask for an NCAA hardship waiver request before he is granted the release.

Arnett has pondered the decision for months. In an interview with a Michigan State website from the 247sports.com family earlier this month — one that was not released until late Wednesday — he appeared to have his mind already made up.

"Due to personal family reasons, I've decided to leave Tennessee," Arnett told SpartanTailgate. "I appreciate everything the Vols coaches have done for me but in the long run the Tennessee program isn't the right fit for me or my family."

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish the kid luck wherever he decides to go. Dude has some talent. I believe he would have been starting next year.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to see him go, but family is definitely more important than football. Good luck to him.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milton should have a good chance at starting, if Arnett does end up leaving.