• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WR Brandon Marshall released by NYG

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
article

The NYG recouped 5 mil by cutting him, and were already 5 mil under the cap. Gives them 10 to work with (so far). Dez could be a real option given that NYG are without Marshal and OBJ now.

They site that he failed the physical. He had a season ending ankle injury last season in week 5. And while Marshall does have issues (Boarderline Personality Disorder) he is not nearly as disruptive as before he knew what it was or had coping mechanisms to help him deal with it. He is still a 5 time probowl WR and (what I like most) is super motived. He has stated he feels he has 2 years left to get the type of stats he wants to become a potential Hall of Famer. He is ranked just outside the top 25 in several categories. Point being, he is motivated. I wonder if we could give him a contract with health incentives (ie, plays 14 games in the season, etc). I wouldn't mind a 2 year deal with Marshall at all - especially coming from a division rival as well.

"I'm all-in on football," Marshall said late last season. "I've rebuilt my body. I think I'm two great years away from, and I'll say it, I want to be a Hall of Famer and I think I got two great years to go to be mentioned with some of the greats.

"I'm not just playing this game just to be a guy. I want to be remembered for the product that I put out on the field. So these last few years have been tough -- last year with the
Jets, this year with the Giants -- but I'm hopeful that the next couple years for me will be some amazing years and some of my best work."

Marshall has also played for the
Denver Broncos, Miami Dolphins and Chicago Bears over his career, and he has six seasons with at least 100 receptions -- the most by any player in NFL history.

He has 959 catches for 12,215 yards and 82 career touchdown grabs. He is 16th all time in receptions -- only 23 behind Hall of Famer Randy Moss -- and is just inside the top 25 in yards (23rd) and touchdown catches (23rd).

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alshon and Marshall.... reunited again. Lets make it happen! :D

*correction above: I meant to say "possibly" without OBJ now. He isn't gone yet. Dez + OBJ would be a pain to deal with.

Last edited:

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marshall should have kept his mouth shut on his opinions of Beckham.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
article

The NYG recouped 5 mil by cutting him, and were already 5 mil under the cap. Gives them 10 to work with (so far). Dez could be a real option given that NYG are without Marshal and OBJ now.

They site that he failed the physical. He had a season ending ankle injury last season in week 5. And while Marshall does have issues (Boarderline Personality Disorder) he is not nearly as disruptive as before he knew what it was or had coping mechanisms to help him deal with it. He is still a 5 time probowl WR and (what I like most) is super motived. He has stated he feels he has 2 years left to get the type of stats he wants to become a potential Hall of Famer. He is ranked just outside the top 25 in several categories. Point being, he is motivated. I wonder if we could give him a contract with health incentives (ie, plays 14 games in the season, etc). I wouldn't mind a 2 year deal with Marshall at all - especially coming from a division rival as well.

"I'm all-in on football," Marshall said late last season. "I've rebuilt my body. I think I'm two great years away from, and I'll say it, I want to be a Hall of Famer and I think I got two great years to go to be mentioned with some of the greats.

"I'm not just playing this game just to be a guy. I want to be remembered for the product that I put out on the field. So these last few years have been tough -- last year with the
Jets, this year with the Giants -- but I'm hopeful that the next couple years for me will be some amazing years and some of my best work."

Marshall has also played for the
Denver Broncos, Miami Dolphins and Chicago Bears over his career, and he has six seasons with at least 100 receptions -- the most by any player in NFL history.

He has 959 catches for 12,215 yards and 82 career touchdown grabs. He is 16th all time in receptions -- only 23 behind Hall of Famer Randy Moss -- and is just inside the top 25 in yards (23rd) and touchdown catches (23rd).
I think a lot of teams are going to shy away from him simply because of his reputation but I could see the Eagles taking a flyer on him and making a go of it.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's washed up. I think we need speed guys, ala Mike Wallace. Marshal is slow.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marshall should have kept his mouth shut on his opinions of Beckham.

I agree. He tried to make it funny about them all being loud mouthed. But I think the truth is - Marshall wants to pad his stats over the next 2 years. His eyes are on being a Hall of famer. That might be a bit selfish, but it is also pure motivation. Winning a SB would go a long way towards making that happen as well.

I bet we could pick him up in the 3 mil a year range - less than what we paid Smith last year at 5mil a year. Put escalators in there about playing 13 and 16 games - which he will want to do anyways, as he chases stats. You need games for that. I'd be interested in what Alshon thinks.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope....not an Eagle.
Thank you

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Total headcase that has been more focused on his media career the past few years than what he does on the football field... PASS