• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would You Trade Ingram & Kuzma For Leonard?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boogie also has a blown Achille's tendon. Chances are that, when he returns, he won't be the same player athletically that he was before the injury.

Boogie and IT.

Perfect summer for the Lakers, right?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boogie and IT.

Perfect summer for the Lakers, right?

Heck yeah!! Anytime you can get a player with a blown Achilles AND a player with a chronic, possibly degenerative hip condition...you gotta jump on that, right?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck yeah!! Anytime you can get a player with a blown Achilles AND a player with a chronic, possibly degenerative hip condition...you gotta jump on that, right?

Only if you can max both.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boogie also has a blown Achille's tendon. Chances are that, when he returns, he won't be the same player athletically that he was before the injury.
So much for him - I would estimate he is two years away from being 100%

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You look at things too black and white. We don't know what the situation is. It's entirely possible. maybe even likely, that his injury has been healed enough for the team doctors to clear him, but that doesn't mean his doctors cleared him.

He has a supermax contract on the line. He may want to make sure he's 100% so he doesn't lose it. I mean look at IT...he played through his hip injury and cost him millions of dollars. Maybe Kawhi doesn't want to end up in the same boat?

Do you honestly think Magic and Pelinka would do like Short Buss and just trade for him hoping he'll stay? I'd expect that if they trade for him, they will have some assurances that he is healthy and that he either has or will sign an extension. The Lakers aren't in a position where they have to bring a guy in as a "rental" and hope they can convince him to stay.
Either way the Lakers are not likely to get Leonard - Popovich has a rule about trading with rivals in the same conference and is especially adamant about not trading with the Lakers - It seems that he believes that he doesn't want to hand one of his biggest rivals of the Lakers caliber and resources a player like Leonard:lol: - Personally - I think the Lakers have improved enough to attract better players and don't need to trade yet - Lets see who we can get on the free agency - unless they find a sucker to take Luol Deng

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way the Lakers are not likely to get Leonard - Popovich has a rule about trading with rivals in the same conference and is especially adamant about not trading with the Lakers - It seems that he believes that he doesn't want to hand one of his biggest rivals of the Lakers caliber and resources a player like Leonard:lol: - Personally - I think the Lakers have improved enough to attract better players and don't need to trade yet - Lets see who we can get on the free agency - unless they find a sucker to take Luol Deng

Yeah, About the only way that I see Kawhi being traded to the Lakers is if he forces his way there by letting teams know that he won't sign his extension. Even then, it's pretty likely that some team that feels he can get them to the next level will trade for him and hope that a deep playoff run/title will convince him to stay. A team like the Celtics, for example, could probably afford to take that risk.

They likely have shown enough to land a top FA. But when you have a chance to land a top 5 player in the league, you do it, even if it means having to trade for him.

I doubt they can unload Deng. I'm about 95% sure they will have to stretch him unless they can negotiate a buyout, which is also unlikely because it was cost Deng a lot of money. The Lakers have some nice assets, but I don't think they have enough "extra assets" to be able to put together a package that makes taking Deng worth it to another team.

A team would almost have to be willing to help the Lakers to be willing to take on that contract. I'm pretty sure the rest of the league likes them right where they are and will be in no hurry to help them back to contention.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, About the only way that I see Kawhi being traded to the Lakers is if he forces his way there by letting teams know that he won't sign his extension. Even then, it's pretty likely that some team that feels he can get them to the next level will trade for him and hope that a deep playoff run/title will convince him to stay. A team like the Celtics, for example, could probably afford to take that risk.

They likely have shown enough to land a top FA. But when you have a chance to land a top 5 player in the league, you do it, even if it means having to trade for him.

I doubt they can unload Deng. I'm about 95% sure they will have to stretch him unless they can negotiate a buyout, which is also unlikely because it was cost Deng a lot of money. The Lakers have some nice assets, but I don't think they have enough "extra assets" to be able to put together a package that makes taking Deng worth it to another team.

A team would almost have to be willing to help the Lakers to be willing to take on that contract. I'm pretty sure the rest of the league likes them right where they are and will be in no hurry to help them back to contention.

It would cost the Lakers Ingram or Randle if they sign and traded him to the team of his choice. The only way that happens is if the Lakers were to land LeBron and Paul George - but if you landed two free agents - then it's time to make a trade for a player like Leonard and there is no way In Hell Popovich is going to trade him to the Lakers -:lol:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would cost the Lakers Ingram or Randle if they sign and traded him to the team of his choice. The only way that happens is if the Lakers were to land LeBron and Paul George - but if you landed two free agents - then it's time to make a trade for a player like Leonard and there is no way In Hell Popovich is going to trade him to the Lakers -:lol:

No. It would cost a lot more than that.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they got Leonard for just Ingram and Kuzma that would be a deal for the Lakers.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think there is much point in doing a sign and trade with Randle.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. It would cost a lot more than that.

It would seem that TLF is walking back his original proposal "Kuzma, Ingram, Deng for Leonard". Well not so much walking it back as saying that it won't happen because Pop wouldn't trade to the Lakers. Which is likely true but also misses the point.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would seem that TLF is walking back his original proposal "Kuzma, Ingram, Deng for Leonard". Well not so much walking it back as saying that it won't happen because Pop wouldn't trade to the Lakers. Which is likely true but also misses the point.
You could not trade Kuzma and Deng for an expiring contract.

I think Ingram can and will be a good to very good player---- but- as of right now--- and you never know going forward so I am not going to definitively limit the guys ceiling at the age of 21 or 22 or whatever he is--- but he does not look like a Tier 1 guy like a Porzingis or Kyrie or Wall or Tatum (maybe), or Booker or Embiid or Simmons or RW etc.. ---- maybe he is kind of near the bottom of the next tier with guys like Jokic or Wiggins or Beale or Jaylen Brown, Aaron Gordon etc..