• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would you give Ansah Suh money?

Do you pay Ziggy 19 million a year?

• What a dumb idea lol

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • What. A. Great. Idea! Mmm hmm

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he gets his extension, he'll probably be getting more than Suh money.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Probably a good bet Vernon just got Suh money and he isn't half the DE Ansah is. At this point give Ansah his 5th year option, tag him twice then let him walk. I love him, but by the time they get around to opening negotiations high end DE money is going to be 23+ million plus per year

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably a good bet Vernon just got Suh money and he isn't half the DE Ansah is. At this point give Ansah his 5th year option, tag him twice then let him walk. I love him, but by the time they get around to opening negotiations high end DE money is going to be 23+ million plus per year

Sometimes it's better to pay your players. As a DE, Ansah will have more impact on winning than Calvin ever did. Also, you don't want to get a bad reputation with players. That makes it harder to sign good free agents, or renegotiate contracts.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes it's better to pay your players. As a DE, Ansah will have more impact on winning than Calvin ever did. Also, you don't want to get a bad reputation with players. That makes it harder to sign good free agents, or renegotiate contracts.

Smart teams get extensions done with there franchise players early. Look at what the Texans did with Watt didn't wait until his 5th year they gave him a little extra(and a big signing bonus) early in his extension in exchange for cheaper overall number. Every edge rusher that signs in between now and whenever they start talking with him is just driving his price up. QB, Oline, and Dline players all should get paid, but the team should be smart about it. Waiting in Ansahs case will cost the team a lot of cap space in the future.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart teams get extensions done with there franchise players early. Look at what the Texans did with Watt didn't wait until his 5th year they gave him a little extra(and a big signing bonus) early in his extension in exchange for cheaper overall number. Every edge rusher that signs in between now and whenever they start talking with him is just driving his price up. QB, Oline, and Dline players all should get paid, but the team should be smart about it. Waiting in Ansahs case will cost the team a lot of cap space in the future.

No doubt the sooner they get it done, the better. They already know what he is.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt the sooner they get it done, the better. They already know what he is.

I agree when he is on the field he is a beast i don't care if he finishes the season with 6 sacks or 20 hes still our best defender at this point.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is still getting better too. Seems like Ansah got better after Suh left where Suh seems to be suffering without him.

I am OK either way though. Extension this year or option next and then 2 tags and a wave.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would try getting a 4 year extension done now by just taking the numbers from the option plus the franchise x 2. Total guarantees of what the option plus first tag year total would be. That would keep him in place through his age 31 season.

If he doesn't bite, then just exercise the option & go year to year with the tag.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh seems to be suffering without him.

Suh had career highs in pressures 42, tackles for loss 19(tied), and run stuffs 12. He also had his 2nd best season for tackles and passes defended. He also received the highest grade of his career from PFF.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh had career highs in pressures 42, tackles for loss 19(tied), and run stuffs 12. He also had his 2nd best season for tackles and passes defended. He also received the highest grade of his career from PFF.

most of those came in 3 blowout games during garbage time. His numbers were way better than his actual performance for the year. He was non existent in some games. That's OK for an average player, not someone making 20 mil a year

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
most of those came in 3 blowout games during garbage time. His numbers were way better than his actual performance for the year. He was non existent in some games. That's OK for an average player, not someone making 20 mil a year

I actually watched every Miami game on Sunday ticket this year aside from the first 2 games he played very well

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually watched every Miami game on Sunday ticket this year aside from the first 2 games he played very well

He did not suck, but he did not look like the Suh we saw in Detroit. Cant say I watched every game, I only saw a handful of them. He sucked against NE the first game and Tennesee as well so that is 25% of the season. I agree he played much better the second half.

He will be welcomed back at a reduced salary in 2 years when he finishes up in Miami.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's 12.5%.

But I didn't come close to watching 12.5% of Miamuhs games last year anyway.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's 12.5%.

But I didn't come close to watching 12.5% of Miamuhs games last year anyway.

In addition to the first 2 games of the year that Stomp already mentioned so it is a total of 4.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And a year or two later, someone will get a deal bigger than Ansah's thanks to an increasing cap. Which is why we should have just tagged Suh. Saving cap money is an overrated concept in this growing cap era.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And a year or two later, someone will get a deal bigger than Ansah's thanks to an increasing cap. Which is why we should have just tagged Suh. Saving cap money is an overrated concept in this growing cap era.

I am not convinced the cap will keep growing. The NFL is having a lot of internal issues that are effecting the game between both rules and officiating. The games are less entertaining and more frustrating to watch. I would not be surprised to see a decline in its popularity soon.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not convinced the cap will keep growing. The NFL is having a lot of internal issues that are effecting the game between both rules and officiating. The games are less entertaining and more frustrating to watch. I would not be surprised to see a decline in its popularity soon.

The NFL is surprisingly more popular than ever.

NFL sees big jump in revenue

The league and its 32 teams took in an estimated $12 billion last season, a 14.3% jump from the previous year's estimated total of $10.5 billion.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL is surprisingly more popular than ever.

NFL sees big jump in revenue

The league and its 32 teams took in an estimated $12 billion last season, a 14.3% jump from the previous year's estimated total of $10.5 billion.

I understand that, but where are the new revenues going to come from? Especially when many of the games are inundated with the stupidity that comes from the Administation, rules committee, and officials. NFL games are becoming practically unwatchable. It may be just a matter of time before the pendulum swings back. Counting on unlimited increases is pretty risky IMO.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that, but where are the new revenues going to come from? Especially when many of the games are inundated with the stupidity that comes from the Administation, rules committee, and officials. NFL games are becoming practically unwatchable. It may be just a matter of time before the pendulum swings back. Counting on unlimited increases is pretty risky IMO.

I'll have to admit.....

The commercials are getting way out of control.
Every time a player needs to even scratch his ass, time to squeeze a couple commercials in.