• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

would you consider...

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
...drafting cyprien or Swearinger at the 34th spot? It could sure shore up the safety issues and might force whitner out a year early.

I don't think it'd be my first choice but i actually wouldn't mind the pick. Some of the guys I'd prefer: Tank, Hunter, Woods, Ertz, Allen, etc

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not bad but I think there are better options. I hate Allen. Woods kind of eh on.

But Tank, Hunter and Ertz would be great.

I'll throw in Mathieu too in this group I'm hoping for

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swearinger, not a fan. I want to get away from the short in the box safeties. I haven't seen any of Cyprien so no opinion.

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Cyprien has great film...although it's from lower competition. Apparently the talent on his film transfered to the Senior Bowl - haven't seen any of this. He's got good size and speed...would project well to Whitner's spot. Obviously I don't know what he's like between the ears so who really knows if he's worth it...

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Swearinger, not a fan. I want to get away from the short in the box safeties.

Agreed.

I don't see Cyprien as a great safety in coverage. He was one of those potential first rounders that I just didn't get. I'd pass.

Much rather have Hankins, Carradine or Hunter.

As far as safety goes, I hope the Niners can somehow get a guy like Amerson to compete at FS in order that Reid can play SS.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah I think that's overkill. We can load up on another safety later in this draft, or wait until next year to address. Taking Reid this high should tell you that our coaching staff is very confident he can cover and do everything. We did grab a mid-round safety last year so we could actually be set at this point - the coaches know where we really are.

There's a ton of value at D-line right here, and teams should be scheming to make a move for a QB. I wouldn't mind 1. trading back, and then 2. consolidate picks to trade back up into the second round. This would make us the Vikings of the second round and do some serious damage.

We might be able to trade back and still land Hankins which would unfortunately cause sudden injury to ninersickness.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
We might be able to trade back and still land Hankins which would unfortunately cause sudden injury to ninersickness.

andysandberg2.jpg

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely DL here, but there is a lot of value in this round. I do want to get the Honey Badger as a late 2 so I wouldnt mind trading up into the second round. that could be huge as a returner and eventual starter at corner.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
IMHO I think the Honey Badger will be picked in the 3rd round. I want him in the 3rd round. If it means moving up in the 3rd so be it. But 2nd round? No thanks. I say we take Tank or Ertz and hope that Lacy is there at 61.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I personally dont believe DJ Swearinger is anything more than a late 4th round, limited SS prospect. I would be HIGHLY upset with him anywhere on Fri

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would go Dl @34 and grab Swearinger At 64. He can cover enough for our scheme not as good as Reid who is indisputably better at coverage but Swearknger is a better tackler, better run support and like Goodson in that he will lay the wood. Otherwise Amerson with 93 would be a decent backup plan.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
IMHO I think the Honey Badger will be picked in the 3rd round. I want him in the 3rd round. If it means moving up in the 3rd so be it. But 2nd round? No thanks. I say we take Tank or Ertz and hope that Lacy is there at 61.

I would not be opposed to taking honey badger now that we have both Austin and Harvin to worry about. This was already a big weakness and now it really needs to be addressed. If it were just Harvin I think we could live with it, but now I'm pushing the panic button. If not honey badger, we have to get someone else who can match up with these small shift fast slot receivers. That's a quarter of our games right there.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not be opposed to taking honey badger now that we have both Austin and Harvin to worry about. This was already a big weakness and now it really needs to be addressed. If it were just Harvin I think we could live with it, but now I'm pushing the panic button. If not honey badger, we have to get someone else who can match up with these small shift fast slot receivers. That's a quarter of our games right there.

Darius Slay?

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Niners should go with Hunter or Carradine. Both Manningham and Williams are coming off serious injuries and Bouldin is sign for only this season. Jenkins has been a no show and who knows what to expect from him this year. Carradine would add depth to the DL. Niners really struggled when J. Smith and A. Smith played hurt. Niners could not generate any pass rush.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
...drafting cyprien or Swearinger at the 34th spot? It could sure shore up the safety issues and might force whitner out a year early.

I don't think it'd be my first choice but i actually wouldn't mind the pick. Some of the guys I'd prefer: Tank, Hunter, Woods, Ertz, Allen, etc

i'd prefer pass rush help but at this point, doubt there is one? so next best thing is help the DL, followed by CB.

we could use a solid coverge CB for the opponents quick receiver (starting with Austin). granted this one isn't necessarily a 34th pick.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
With the depth of talent available in rnds 2 and 3, I wouldn't mind seeing us trade back the 2nd rounder and then end up with 4 picks on day 2 (instead of 3 picks on day 2).

We could get another safety (Cyprien) one or two DL men (an end and a NT Tank, Hunt, Williams) or a WR (Hunter).

Try to come away here with as many of them as possible.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
With the depth of talent available in rnds 2 and 3, I wouldn't mind seeing us trade back the 2nd rounder and then end up with 4 picks on day 2 (instead of 3 picks on day 2).

We could get another safety (Cyprien) one or two DL men (an end and a NT Tank, Hunt, Williams) or a WR (Hunter).

Try to come away here with as many of them as possible.

that would work given a solid offer, Baalke said he's open to listening? but IF he really wants a player now, go get him!

nice to think quantity over quality, but this assumes the later picks will provide the near same value as three picks? whereas that 34th pick might turn out our 'impact' guy?