• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Worst WR Corps in the league

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On top of all this we have an OC calling short routes and bunching WRs close to the tackles. Easy to rush any of 8 guys with single coverage on WRs. The O-line cant tell who is going to rush so even a 5 man rush is likely to get to the QB easily.
Deep routes are out on account of our personnel I believe.

Can't get off the line, couldn't give Staff time anyway.

And slants are his forte anyway.

No Golladay leaves a hole, since Ebron sucks so much.

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions offensive woes are a chicken-egg problem. There are so many problems to untangle.

But I think it goes back to the problem plaguing is for nearly 20 years.

Abdullah and Riddick are dynamic, but get tackled so easily like it is two-hand-touch. Not good when the OL sucks. We can't gain tough yards on the ground. We also pose no proven capability to take one the distance. There is no regard for our run game. Defenses basically have 7 or 8 guys focused on stopping the pass. Meanwhile we keep a tight end or RB home on every play further making us easy to defend.

It all adds up to a offense that looks like trash, but it stems from a crappy OL and a lack of a truly talented big RB.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On top of all this we have an OC calling short routes and bunching WRs close to the tackles. Easy to rush any of 8 guys with single coverage on WRs. The O-line cant tell who is going to rush so even a 5 man rush is likely to get to the QB easily.
Can't get off the line, couldn't give Staff time anyway.
It's called... using the NFL Playbook for losses!! Teams with larger fan bases are always going to be in the playoffs and they can get players off the streets while never noticing their injury bug. Lions injuries are excuses for losing games. The overpaid actors are playing like schedule fillers... deja vu. Stafford wore concrete shoes and the running backs run into piles, they're sandbaggers. The NFL is getting to be too predictable.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's called... using the NFL Playbook for losses!! Teams with larger fan bases are always going to be in the playoffs and they can get players off the streets while never noticing their injury bug. Lions injuries are excuses for losing games. The overpaid actors are playing like schedule fillers... deja vu. Stafford wore concrete shoes and the running backs run into piles, they're sandbaggers. The NFL is getting to be too predictable.

I wouldnt go that far to say the players are in on it.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't go that far to say the players are in on it.
It would be too long, you probably wouldn't read it. I would be writing a book because it would be starting out in the Fire Millen movement. William Clay Ford Hired Millen to install a West Coast Offense. The fan base whined because of no running game. Rod Marinelli came out and said we're going to Pound The Rock. You know losing so many games by just one score until all hell broke lose in 2008. What happened after the Media and fan base got Millen fired? I will say that Rod Marinelli tried to be a peace maker between the fan base and front office before Millen was oust.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened after the Media and fan base got Millen fired? I will say that Rod Marinelli tried to be a peace maker between the fan base and front office before Millen was oust.

Millen got Millen fired.

He hit on Raiola in the 2nd round in his first draft. Then proceeded to miss on every second rounder the rest of his time in Detroit. Along with a slew of 1st round busts.

Him and Moronelli assembled what could of been the worst defense of all time in 2008.

Remember teams would run the ball for 5-7 yards EVERY PLAY. Didn't even need to pass.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Millen got Millen fired.
Wait, WHAT? WCF gave Millen a 5 year contract extension. It took the media to broadcast the fan base week after week to be heard that Millen needed to go for his ineptness. WCF and Millen were still friends afterwards.

He hit on Raiola in the 2nd round in his first draft.
Raiola flipping off the fans in 2008 and didn't feel a bit sorry for it makes him one of the Organization GREATS because he'd rather be a doormat for the League with two winning seasons during his 14 year tenure and yet blames the fans for talk. Raiola says the Lions were always playing hard, but I know Raiola can't honestly say that the Lions were always playing to win!! Playing hard and playing to win have two different endings.
If you haven't noticed the Lions starting out fast or staying within striking distance when they're trailing until the 4th quarter comeback bull crap for the last seven years. Then you're probably missing the overpaid actors with little results. An example would be 2015 one year after Raiola's retirement when the Lions started the season 1-7 and Martha Ford said she wanted wins... just like magic the Lions win 6 of the last 8 games.

Him and Moronelli assembled what could of been the worst defense of all time in 2008.
The fire Millen campaign was going strong before Marinelli took the helm. You don't find it odd that the League and Players respect Marinelli?

Remember teams would run the ball for 5-7 yards EVERY PLAY. Didn't even need to pass.
I remember the Officials being a hindrance during and after Marinelli tenure. I remember the Lions going 4-0 in the preseason. I remember the Falcons going to town on the Lions through the air and on the ground against the Lions. I remember a close game going into the 4th quarter when Jon Kitna walked off the field in Green Bay after his third pick 6 without even trying to make a tackle. I remember the fan base calling for Jon Kitna to be benched. I remember J.T. O'Sullivan, Mike Martz and the 49ers sticking it to the Lions. I remember the fan base and Media calling for Millen's head during the Bye week along with benching Kitna. I remember Kitna having back pains during the Bears game and said he was fine in an interview afterwards, but was placed on IR. I remember Dan Orlovsky first start against the Vikings and the Officials tipped the scales twice in the 4th quarter. Both Calvin's knees were down before the ball moved but ruled a fumble and blatantly upheld and a PI that moved the Vikings into field goal range in the last few minutes that the receiver might've caught if he was in a second story window.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, WHAT? WCF gave Millen a 5 year contract extension. It took the media to broadcast the fan base week after week to be heard that Millen needed to go for his ineptness. WCF and Millen were still friends afterwards.

The first team to go 0-16 for the season. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out who assembled that pile of shit.

The fire Millen campaign was going strong before Marinelli took the helm. You don't find it odd that the League and Players respect Marinelli?

They respect him as a good D-line coach. Nothing more. I don't see the guy getting any more head coaching stints.

I remember the Officials being a hindrance during and after Marinelli tenure. I remember the Lions going 4-0 in the preseason. I remember the Falcons going to town on the Lions through the air and on the ground against the Lions. I remember a close game going into the 4th quarter when Jon Kitna walked off the field in Green Bay after his third pick 6 without even trying to make a tackle. I remember the fan base calling for Jon Kitna to be benched. I remember J.T. O'Sullivan, Mike Martz and the 49ers sticking it to the Lions. I remember the fan base and Media calling for Millen's head during the Bye week along with benching Kitna. I remember Kitna having back pains during the Bears game and said he was fine in an interview afterwards, but was placed on IR. I remember Dan Orlovsky first start against the Vikings and the Officials tipped the scales twice in the 4th quarter. Both Calvin's knees were down before the ball moved but ruled a fumble and blatantly upheld and a PI that moved the Vikings into field goal range in the last few minutes that the receiver might've caught if he was in a second story window.

I agree with you that the NFL reminds me of WWE sometimes. Especially that last Raiders game a week or so ago.

I can assure you that the team went 0-16 cause it fielded probably the worst defense of all time. Led by our stout linebacking core. Milllen and Moronelli's prized second round, hall of fame selection..... Jordan Dizon.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out who assembled that pile of shit.
You said Millen fired Millen... I said it was the Media and fan base that got Millen fired for his ineptness.

They respect him as a good D-line coach. Nothing more. I don't see the guy getting any more head coaching stints.
Name one Head Coach that has gotten another HC job in the NFL after signing a contract with WCF and the Lions outside of being an interim(IE Dick Jauron)? There isn't one, not even Jim Schwartz. In fact you wont find one... George Wilson was the last Lions HC to get another HC job(Dolphins 1966). Wilson left the Lions after 1964 season the same year WCF became sole owner of the Lions.

I can assure you that the team went 0-16 cause it fielded probably the worst defense of all time.
I'll stand on the Officials robbed the Lions in the 4th quarter twice at the Vikings in 2008 two weeks after Millen was oust during the bye week. And I'll even stand on the Players backing Marinelli when the Media attacked Marinelli via his daughter because Millen wasn't enough for the Lynch Mob.

Led by our stout linebacking core. Milllen and Moronelli's prized second round, hall of fame selection..... Jordan Dizon.
I'm surprised you didn't mention the bench warmers from the Buccaneers. If I recall correctly Dizon was considered a safe bet and there wasn't any good MLB free agent on the market. I also recall the fan base was hoping to move up in the 1st to grab Jerod Mayo. Millen cared more about the Offense than he did the Defense and I'm sure that had a lot to do with why he was hired, WCF wanted the West Coast Offense. The Lions did draft another LB in Cliff Avril but moved him over to DE.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be too long, you probably wouldn't read it. I would be writing a book because it would be starting out in the Fire Millen movement. William Clay Ford Hired Millen to install a West Coast Offense. The fan base whined because of no running game. Rod Marinelli came out and said we're going to Pound The Rock. You know losing so many games by just one score until all hell broke lose in 2008. What happened after the Media and fan base got Millen fired? I will say that Rod Marinelli tried to be a peace maker between the fan base and front office before Millen was oust.

I would love to see your tin foil hat collection.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't own one... Instead of taking the Liberal stance, call me out on what you're referring too.

I've never taken the liberal stance before. I think I'll savor it.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never taken the liberal stance before. I think I'll savor it.
You'll savor your false accusation of my hat collection? It's documented WCF hired Matt Millen and Marty Mornhinweg to clean up his Organization. It would be speculation to say WCF was behind Millen's draft picks, but it is possible Millen was a fall guy. It's also documented WCF gave Millen and Mornhinweg one last chance after two years. It's also documented WCF fired Mornhinweg (Millen's own words) after the 49ers let Mooch go.
Steve Mariucci had a lot to do Mornhinweg football mind of the West Coast Offense. It's also documented Joey Harrington was Millen's guy as well as wanting Mooch to play him. Bobby Ross and OC Croom never ran the West Coast Offense. Saying WCF hired Millen to install the West Coast Offense isn't farfetched.

Rod Marinelli being a peacemaker before Pound the Rock would probably upset you. There's no tin foil here!!

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'll savor your false accusation of my hat collection? It's documented WCF hired Matt Millen and Marty Mornhinweg to clean up his Organization. It would be speculation to say WCF was behind Millen's draft picks, but it is possible Millen was a fall guy. It's also documented WCF gave Millen and Mornhinweg one last chance after two years. It's also documented WCF fired Mornhinweg (Millen's own words) after the 49ers let Mooch go.
Steve Mariucci had a lot to do Mornhinweg football mind of the West Coast Offense. It's also documented Joey Harrington was Millen's guy as well as wanting Mooch to play him. Bobby Ross and OC Croom never ran the West Coast Offense. Saying WCF hired Millen to install the West Coast Offense isn't farfetched.

Rod Marinelli being a peacemaker before Pound the Rock would probably upset you. There's no tin foil here!!

Tell us more about the players being play actors according to a script. Those are my favorite.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell us more about the players being play actors according to a script. Those are my favorite.
You mean overpaid actors or playing hard and playing to win have two different endings or the Lions being a schedule filler or the Lions only do enough to sell tickets or the Lions being sandbaggers (deliberately underperforming)? Scripted falls under what makes the Lions predictable. I still have a compelling argument against your tin foil theory even for any of that.