• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Worst spirit you've tasted

Chasin' Utleys

Uber Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fireball. We get that yet?

:think:

I LOATHE overtly strong non-traditional booze flavors, plus that shit is weaksauce - I believe I'm a bit older than you, my equivalent of that ish would be "Goldschlager" you remember the cinnamon-flavored shit with the gold flakes in it.....one night back in the mid 90's I drank a bottle of it, I shat out a gold dory bar the next morning. Plus that stuff drank like syrup so you couldn't get the taste out of your mouth if you tried....I also think Jameson is garbage though that same distillery makes Green Spot which I think is the best Irish Whisky out there having not tried Redbreast or Midleton.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:think:

I LOATHE overtly strong non-traditional booze flavors, plus that shit is weaksauce - I believe I'm a bit older than you, my equivalent of that ish would be "Goldschlager" you remember the cinnamon-flavored shit with the gold flakes in it.....one night back in the mid 90's I drank a bottle of it, I shat out a gold dory bar the next morning. Plus that stuff drank like syrup so you couldn't get the taste out of your mouth if you tried....I also think Jameson is garbage though that same distillery makes Green Spot which I think is the best Irish Whisky out there having not tried Redbreast or Midleton.
Yep, I've had goldschlager a few times. It's just as bad. Never had enough to get the gold shitstandard though. The worst part about those is they're weak, like you mentioned, but will still give you the worst hangover.

I don't have an aversion to Jameson, but it's not something I'd ever seek out, unless I'm planning on an Irish car bomb bender or something.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh....you love it or you hate it, there are very few people that sit on the fence. Oh and you can hate it if you like, more for me! :suds:
I'm one of the few. I wouldn't say I love it, but I definitely don't hate it.

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absinthe. Luckily, I did in shots so the hideousity of the taste only lasted a few seconds.

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had real Absinthe once... NEVER AGAIN. Tasted so bad.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had real Absinthe once... NEVER AGAIN. Tasted so bad.

Had that a few times in Japan and no thanks. Jager. I don't like black licorice period.

Fernet. I tried that when I was in Argentina. My god I don't know why they would make it. It's just an awful tasting alcohol no matter what flavors you like.

Habu Sake isn't good... (where they drown a habu snake in a bottle of sake)... Tastes like bad tequila almost.. We'd always take out the new guys and go around a bar area getting them a shot of Habu, a shot of Absinthe, a chu hai, and a jack and coke at a bar where it was literally 3/4 a cup of jack and a spritz of coke.

habu-sake-japanese-snake-wine+7.jpg

Not a gin fan. Only way is a really really dirty gin martini. I always remember an old Letterman skit of non-alcoholic gin "great taste of gin without the alcohol" that pretty well hit the sarcastic nail on the head for me.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone made homemade moonshine. I swear it was straight up lighter fluid.
Outside of that I can't stand any hard stuff that takes like black liqourice since I hate that crap to begin with.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a few awful liquors that make my list. The already mentioned Jagr, absinthe (even with the sugar, etc.), goldschlager for sure.

I can't stand:
--White lightning. The worst vodkas I've ever tried were better than the best WL I've had.
--Apple-flavored whisky. I'd rather drink cough medicine.
--Namaste beer from Dogfishhead (their worst product)