• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Worst spirit you've tasted

GreenNickle

Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gin, Whiskey and Scotch still get me

Vodka and Tequila I can drink with no remembered issues.
Others may have had issues with my behavior after imbibing said alcohol but I had a good time and that is all that matters as long as you don't wake up in the clink.

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't stomach Jack any more. Just the smell of it can make me gag.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is making me feel like an alcoholic. I like most of the drinks mentioned (except for Sloe Gin - that is pretty nasty)...

I love Gin & Tonics... I like Amaretto.... So Co & Jack, I can drink with Coke... I've tried that Galliano, and probably would never order it, but if it were all we had I could sip it... I love Jager - for some reason, I tend to do shots while drining Guiness, and it works... I avoid the fruity schnapps & brandys, just cuz they are a waste of time - but I have enjoyed Goldschlagger & Rumpleminze...

I guess the worst taste to me is fruity beer. I can not stand when breweries try to get creative with Cherry Lambics and Pumpkin Ales...

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some love it but I can't get over the turpentine taste of Scotch. Even the supposed to be good stuff.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like a good press, so I try them with different flavored vodkas. Absolut Currant has to the be the absolute worst!

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That or Bowman's.

Had some neighbors at VT that bought a half gallon of shine from someone else and they thought it was the greatest thing ever because it burned like hell going down. I took a look at it and saw that it was almost yellow instead of clear and just shook my head. Handed them a jar of my own so they could see and taste the difference. Needless to say, I, along with a couple other friends from Franklin County, had a nice little side income from then on out. Even made them some damsons, indian peaches, and a few other different flavors. They then proceeded to nickname my mixed shine "panty dropper juice". :lol: Ahh, those were some good nights.

I get some good shine and apple pie from a buddy in Abbington when I go to the spring and fall Bristol race. I gotta say you sw virginia boys do know how to make some good panty dropping juice.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I've posted elsewhere on this forum

Twisted-Pine-Ghost-Face-Killah.jpg

But they do have a snappy label.

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bushmills, Prairie Fire, even though I kinda liked it the taste is not that appealing Absinthe, it tastes like shitty liquorice.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shine noob...teach me?

I have had some and love anything illegal...ish!

Mine was a gift from a neighbor and was infused with strawberries. My other neighbor was having a birthday and poured some in a glass on the rocks...it was his birthday...his night was short like you read about in the playgirl joke section.

The basics of making shine are just like any other distilled spirit in process except it's consumed without aging (unlike bourbon in barrels). However not anyone can make good shine. Most recipes are passed down for generations and many people have been helping run the still since they could walk. Not so much with the generations after mine and my father's but there are still some younger people learning the ropes even though most shine is still proceeded by 60+ year olds.

Once you come across a good batch of clear and want to mix it a basic starting point I've used was to fill a half gallon mason jar with whatever fruit you want almost to the top. Add a cup of sugar on top and fill with shine. Shake for a few minutes each day for the next few and let sit. The sugar will take a while to mix properly and be absorbed by the fruit. Give it a taste after a few days longer and see if you'd like to add up to another half cup of sugar. Mix again and let sir for a week or longer. Enjoy. You can reuse the fruit another batch but most eat the fruit while drinking. Ends up really smooth like a cab.sauv. wine

I get some good shine and apple pie from a buddy in Abbington when I go to the spring and fall Bristol race. I gotta say you sw virginia boys do know how to make some good panty dropping juice.

Yes we do as long as you know the person. Some take short cuts and its horrible.

Last edited by a moderator:

sallynemo

whole lotta shaking
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
had a scotch one time called Vat 69....god that stuff was awful

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also as a reference to my hometown:Moonshining reputation built on long history - The Franklin News Post

The movie Lawless that came out a couple years ago is based on the area and relatives of my good friends. The actors even spent a week visiting my friends to hear their stories and be exposed to the accent from the area. Some inaccuracies in the movie and real life was not quite as violent but would give you a good feel of the history. While shine is illegal, it is a great sense of pride in the area.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump. Anyone had any nasty liquor lately? I've just been drinking Jim Beam, pretty easy going down

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jäger is without a doubt the most god awful stuff I have ever tasted. :puke:

Chasin' Utleys

Uber Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. I was not at all impressed with that 18 year old bottle of Glenmorangie I bought a few months back.

Glenmorangie is pretty average, not bad, nothing to write home about. ';ve had the Original 10, 18, Lasanta and the best would be Quinta Ruban.

Chasin' Utleys

Uber Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jäger is without a doubt the most god awful stuff I have ever tasted. :puke:

Really? Did you have it warm or cold? It's a medicinal drink in Der Fatherland...I like it, but the mouthfeel can put some off and understandably so...

Chasin' Utleys

Uber Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnnie Walker Red Label I wouldn't use to take splattered tar of the underside of my car, Cutty Sark, Dewar's and J&B are all equally horrific....then again I'm a single malt snob...