• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Worst Most Overrated QB

Most ovrerrated QB

• JT Barrett

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Trace McSorely

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Mason Rudolph

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sam Darnold

Votes: 26 52.0%
  • Luke Falk

• Jake Fromm

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • OP is bitching on my QB and I'm crying

• Anybody else

Votes: 7 14.0%

• Total voters

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he can't beat out Hornibrook I don't think he can possibly be overrated . The worst yes. Overrated no

Hornytoad is a practice guy just like Stave. That's why Stave beat out Houston because he's great with no pressure and just throwing to open receivers. However, when the pressure is on both those QBs are auto sacks. Coan hasn't been given a chance so we have no idea what he brings outside of a few garbage time throws and high school highlights.

To be better than Hornytoad all he would have to do is not give the ball to the opponent, have the arm strength to make the wide open downfield throws and be able to run for a decent gain once in a while and not crumble under the slightest pressure. Talent wise Coan could easily accomplish this but he hasn't been given a chance like Hornibrook was last year. Only way he gets in now is if Hornibrook is injured.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hornytoad is a practice guy just like Stave. That's why Stave beat out Houston because he's great with no pressure and just throwing to open receivers. However, when the pressure is on both those QBs are auto sacks. Coan hasn't been given a chance so we have no idea what he brings outside of a few garbage time throws and high school highlights.

To be better than Hornytoad all he would have to do is not give the ball to the opponent, have the arm strength to make the wide open downfield throws and be able to run for a decent gain once in a while and not crumble under the slightest pressure. Talent wise Coan could easily accomplish this but he hasn't been given a chance like Hornibrook was last year. Only way he gets in now is if Hornibrook is injured.

Wisconsin has won Hornibrook's last 15 starts. The only way Coan should see the field is by injury.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But but he is our highly talented freshman - GD

You must enjoy 2 int's a game from noodle arm. He has a career rushing yards of -151 which is on Pace to break the grat Joel Stave record. Buahahahha.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin has won Hornibrook's last 15 starts. The only way Coan should see the field is by injury.

His level of play has been below average to poor in many of those games and the defense had to bail him out multiple times. Hell after 2 ints in a row the Badgers just ran the ball every single time to finish the game. A game manager QB that doesn't throw the rock to the opponent every game would have won 15 games in a row as well and won by a larger margin. Hornibrook replaced Houston as a freshman last year and Houston wasn't even close to as bad as Hornibrook. It's hypocritical of PC to not give Coan at least a chance when Hornibrook struggles and he will struggle and will be the reason why we lose a game.

In the end Badgers win despite the QB play. It appears even if Hornytoad throws 5 ints PC will keep him in. He might break the int record vs Iowa this week.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His level of play has been below average to poor in many of those games and the defense had to bail him out multiple times. Hell after 2 ints in a row the Badgers just ran the ball every single time to finish the game. A game manager QB that doesn't throw the rock to the opponent every game would have won 15 games in a row as well and won by a larger margin. Hornibrook replaced Houston as a freshman last year and Houston wasn't even close to as bad as Hornibrook. It's hypocritical of PC to not give Coan at least a chance when Hornibrook struggles and he will struggle and will be the reason why we lose a game.

In the end Badgers win despite the QB play. It appears even if Hornytoad throws 5 ints PC will keep him in. He might break the int record vs Iowa this week.

Until then...

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until then...

Competition brings out the best in players and if Hornibrook doesn't fear losing his job no matter how many ints he throws then he will continue throwing ints. I suppose you like no competition and his ints and not knowing if the backup is the better option or not.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hornibrook wins most overrated qb now since people use his 15 wins in a row as reasoning why he's good when in reality the Badgers won majority of those games despite the poor play of Hornibrook due to an elite RB and elite defense.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When a QB has a 15 game winning streak, I don't even change my socks

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When a QB has a 15 game winning streak, I don't even change my socks

So no matter how bad the starting QB plays you don't give the talented backup just one little chance like the Badgers did for Hornibrook last season? Wow, just wow. I would want to know for certain if the young man is a gamer or not especially if my starter looks terrible. Again, PC is being a complete Hypocrite.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So no matter how bad the starting QB plays you don't give the talented backup just one little chance like the Badgers did for Hornibrook last season? Wow, just wow. I would want to know for certain if the young man is a gamer or not especially if my starter looks terrible. Again, PC is being a complete Hypocrite.

9-0 just win baby

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if they lose because Hornibrook throws 3 ints this week would you give Jack the chance?

Probably not. Coan will have his shot during spring and fall practices. His roll is as backup. Chryst sticks with one qb. I can dig that

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any Michigan QB since '98
I'm not sure how we got brought into this, but which QBs specifically?

Henson was a great athlete but left football for baseball. In that void, we shoved a low-rated prospect in Navarre into the starting spot. After Navarre, Henne came in, started all four years and is still on an NFL roster to this day. From then on Michigan had a bunch of pretty bad QB's, minus Denard who was a great college QB surrounded by a team of garbage people.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam Darnold has 22 TDs and 11 INTs
Tanner Lee has 17 TDs and 13 INTS

The answer is someone else, Tanner Lee.
Comparing stats only without comparing their stat to hype ratio doesn't work.

It's Darnold by a WIDE margin simply because he was sold as the next can't miss QB... and then missed. There were fans at every game with tank for Darnold signs and/or Darnold jets jerseys. He was on every cover and in every hype list known.

There are many many worse QB's than Darnold. There are none that have failed to live up to the hype given (whether or not that hype was valid to begin with).

The only answer is Darnold.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not. Coan will have his shot during spring and fall practices. His roll is as backup. Chryst sticks with one qb. I can dig that

Wait a minute, Hornibrook's job was to be the backup last year but when Houston struggled abit Hornibrook came in to spark the offense as a freshman QB. I see no reason why Coan can't be given that same chance Hornibrook received last year. The best player should be determined in games and not in practice because some players are great practice players but not gamers and vice versa. It's just dumb to continue to.reward a player and start him every game no matter how bad he plays especially with a talented backup.

I'm fine with one QB if they prove it on game day which Houston did was the season progressed and then he was dominate at the end of the season.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is hyping up Jake Fromm to make him overrated? He's played about as well as you can expect a true freshman to play, and he's done just fine when asked to throw, but make no mistake, UGA is and for the foreseeable future, will be a run first team.

He has a good deep ball, and I don't think he's missed on a back shoulder fade all season. Efficiency numbers are great, accumulation numbers aren't. Hasn't been the reason UGA has won games, hasn't done anything to lose them games either, and as a true freshman, that's the most you can hope for.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam Darnold has 22 TDs and 11 INTs
Tanner Lee has 17 TDs and 13 INTS

The answer is someone else, Tanner Lee.

Nebraska bets on transfer QB Tanner Lee

But Lee is absolutely an elite NFL prospect, with the arm, size and smarts to shine in the Cornhuskers’ style of play, and this is how transfers are supposed to work.

2017 Crystal Ball: Experts pick the playoff and more

Feldman: Tanner Lee, QB, Nebraska. The former Tulane starter has everything NFL scouts look for in terms of size, smarts, arm strength and accuracy. He also has quite a bit of speed to work with at the skill positions (keep an eye on spectacular freshman receiver Tyjon Lindsey). With all the preseason hype on Wisconsin, Lee and the Huskers could make things very interesting in the Big Ten West.

Huskers' QB Tanner Lee challenged to turn hype into reality

The hype has been fueled by the words of a couple former NFL personnel men, one of whom predicted the transfer from Tulane would be a top NFL draft prospect.

Why a former coach says Nebraska Cornhuskers quarterback Tanner Lee 'fits what they need to do'

“Of anybody at the (Big Ten) level, he’s got as good of ability,” offered Price, the son of longtime college coach Mike Price and now the head coach at Hanks High School in El Paso, Texas. “He used to go to those Manning passing camps and he’s thrown with some of the other (famous) people and everybody, after they threw with him, went, ‘Where are you now?’ He said, ‘I’m at Tulane.’

“And they said, ‘How the heck did you end up at Tulane?’ He said, ‘Well, I’m at a private school in New Orleans and that’s the only offer I got.’”

Nebraska Football's Tanner Lee could be the Big 10 West's X-factor | isportsweb

Sean Mannion, Sean Canfield, Matt Moore, and Derek Anderson. Each Quarterback saw their talents reward them with NFL careers and Mike Riley is looking to add another NFL quarterback to his collection.

Tanner Lee = Aaron Rodgers Jr.

He gonna ball. Needs better pass catchers though. Tyjon better step in and be the man.
When you see the throwing motion... Then you see the way he carries himself... Then you see how the whole team loves him...

I'm good with it if he bounces to the draft after he sets the B1G on fire.

The Kool Aid was spiked with Bill Cosby's disco biscuits, yes, and I doused the Nebraska board with it in May for kicks, but he was pretty under the radar outside of the Memorial Stadium fishbowl.

Darnold has ESPN special interviews with montages of his pop warner days sprinkled in. That dude had more hype than any quarterback going into the season.