• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Worst loss under stoops

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone's ass needs to be fired. This is a god damn joke.

USC wasn't worse, they actually had playmakers. This Baylor team is a bunch of scrubs who couldn't get into UT.

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knight and his wonderful momentum killing interception machine.

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and if Bob doesn't fire Josh his ass needs to go. I vote for bringing back Blake. At least he recruited a championship team.

RACER-MIKE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOW FIRE BOB,JOSH ,MIKE ,THE SEASON IS DONE IS BOB ,JOSH , MIKE , ARE THEY TAKING MONEY TO THROW GAMES .

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen a lot of home games but this one was the worst. Worse than Kansas damn near ruining our season in 1985 and even worse that some of the Nebraska beatdowns and Kansas State upsets. This time OU was embarrassing and the coaching staff had no control over anything. I've pissed off some of the OU fans on this board with my incessant criticism of Flatline Bob but I'm right; either he goes or he has to make changes in his coordinators. I'd prefer to keep Stoops and see new coordinators but if that isn't possible then it's time to bite the bullet. Unfortunately Boren/Castiglione WILL NOT do it. We have another 2, probably 3 years of this to live through. Next season will hurt even worse because Saban, Snyder, Meyer, Patterson, Briles, etc. would waltz into the playoff with the talent we will have in 2015.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen a lot of home games but this one was the worst. Worse than Miami damn near ruining our season in 1985 and even worse that some of the Nebraska beatdowns and Kansas State upsets. This time OU was embarrassing and the coaching staff had no control over anything. I've pissed off some of the OU fans on this board with my incessant criticism of Flatline Bob but I'm right; either he goes or he has to make changes in his coordinators. I'd prefer to keep Stoops and see new coordinators but if that isn't possible then it's time to bite the bullet. Unfortunately Boren/Castiglione WILL NOT do it. We have another 2, probably 3 years of this to live through. Next season will hurt even worse because Saban, Snyder, Meyer, Patterson, Briles, etc. would waltz into the playoff with the talent we will have in 2015.

Correction in second sentence. Miami was who I should have typed.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen a lot of home games but this one was the worst. Worse than Kansas damn near ruining our season in 1985 and even worse that some of the Nebraska beatdowns and Kansas State upsets. This time OU was embarrassing and the coaching staff had no control over anything. I've pissed off some of the OU fans on this board with my incessant criticism of Flatline Bob but I'm right; either he goes or he has to make changes in his coordinators. I'd prefer to keep Stoops and see new coordinators but if that isn't possible then it's time to bite the bullet. Unfortunately Boren/Castiglione WILL NOT do it. We have another 2, probably 3 years of this to live through. Next season will hurt even worse because Saban, Snyder, Meyer, Patterson, Briles, etc. would waltz into the playoff with the talent we will have in 2015.

You haven't been wrong. We have both seen it coming for years now. I just don't get why other people can't see it too. They have been strong Stoops defenders for years even when it was obvious the ship is sinking. Most have come around to seeing what's going on. The best thing to do is make sure everyone you know see's it too, and maybe a groundswell of fan outrage might get something corrected. If not, we'll get the same old same old.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I owe some of you guys an apology. I've been a strong Stoops defender, but I'm ready to BURN IT DOWN.

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor pours it on in second half to rout OU - Ouhomepage1 - TulsaWorld

Bob's post game reaction. "I don't really care"

The only way we as fans and alumni can effect change is to quit going to the games. The sell out streak needs to end. As long as there are 85K in the stadium ever Saturday Boren and the gang could care less. Let's show Bob that we do care by not supporting him financially.

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops gets raise

Who pays these "private funds" Gaylord family? Those are the people that influence decisions. Not the couple of bucks us average Joe's send every year.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can only speak for myself but I have pumped a fortune into the OU football program beginning many years ago when I first joined the Beef Club after Leon Cross talked me into joining. Since then I've shelled out for stadium expansions and other improvements. I told OU a month ago I would not be contributing to the new stadium fund raising effort because I don't agree with the direction the program is headed. I'll still give enough to keep my tickets but that's it. Enough is enough. I had a long conversation yesterday during the game with a friend who has given a hell of a lot of money over the years and he's furious.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I owe some of you guys an apology. I've been a strong Stoops defender, but I'm ready to BURN IT DOWN.

Romeo, you don't owe any apologies to anyone. You know your football; it's obvious and all of us respect your insight. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. But now we all are in harmony. Things need to change at OU. All that is left to discuss is what needs to be done to make things better because it sure can't stay the way it is now.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
newsOK

Sanchez and M. Stoops after the loss.

Sanchez called the loss “embarrassing” and “not acceptable.”

“Something’s gotta change,” he said. “We’ve gotta fix a lot of things.”

Not surprisingly, Mike Stoops said he’d change the way the Sooners approached the drive if he had another chance.

“(Petty) just was distributing the ball and we couldn’t sack him, we couldn’t tackle him, we couldn’t … you know … just in space we struggled,” Mike Stoops said. “In hindsight, you’ve got to take your chances and you’ve got to tighten up and you’ve got to force them into making an accurate throw.”

By the time the game ended and the Sooners walked off the field having been handed their worst home loss since 1997, the stadium was mostly empty.

Sanchez called the booing “disrespectful” but said the Sooners needed to be better.

“That’s just how it goes,” Sanchez said. “When you’re hot, they’re gonna ride with you. When you’re low, they’re gonna walk out during the game. But the true fans, we respect them. We appreciate those fans. For the ones that leave the game early regardless of the score, that’s just what type of fans they are and how they’re gonna be. For the loyal fans we do have, we do appreciate it.”

Don't worry about the fans Sanchez. OU loyalty is and will always be there.

As for Mike's comments. That says it all for me. He needs to go. He is getting paid to figure that out during the game, not in hindsight.

Bob needs two new coordinators. He don't have to fire, he can demote, but its got to be done.

Last edited by a moderator:

RACER-MIKE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
newsOK

Sanchez and M. Stoops after the loss.

Don't worry about the fans Sanchez. OU loyalty is and will always be there.

As for Mike's comments. That says it all for me. He needs to go. He is getting paid to figure that out during the game, not in hindsight.

Bob needs two new coordinators. He don't have to fire, he can demote, but its got to be done.

i have been a ou fan for 50 yrs and always will be no mater what but bob is not getting these players up for games just like yrs past they are not playing for him mike is not working out here and josh wtf bob has been here to long i know he is a great coach but this is not working out now .

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've tossed in da towel. I didn't get to watch the game because I had to make an family emergency trip to Denver on little notice, but I turned off the radio after the start of the 2nd half when it was apparent that nothing was going to change.

Goldbug, you are right, big changes need to be made, no doubt. I've given Bob the benefit of the doubt and probably more than I should have, but with that game and his reaction afterwards, I'm off that wagon.

It's one thing to lose, but it's another thing to lose the same way and make no attempt to change things.

Totally unacceptable.....

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree something has to change but I'm not ready to run Stoops off just yet. Remember even Switzer had a dry spell before winning another NC. I see what Florida, Tennessee, Penn St., Michigan, etc. have become after letting good coach's go.

RACER-MIKE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bob has won 1 NC OU has lost a lot of bowl games to teams they should have won hands down HE CAN NOT GET HIS PLAYERS UP FOR THE BIG GAMES big game bob he is a fucking joke it will not get better after 14 yrs fuck him if he is such a good coach then ou has shity players nope it is his coaching if every body wants to stick with him you are blind .