• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Worst Gag Job I've Seen In a Long Time

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kuchar dumps it in the lake on 18 from the middle of the fairway with a 1 shot lead and loses the tournament. There must have been a mile of room out to the right and this clown hits it 20 yards left of the green into the lake. What a chump.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why Reed hit an iron BTW. You should be proud of Kuchar for "losing like a man"

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must not watch much golf if that's the worst gag job you've seen in a while. It really was one bad shot. His wedge to force the playoff was spot on and he lost to a miracle shot.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No need to. You bit yourself.

There's winning then there's putting a dress on in order to win. At that level, you do not hit a six iron off the tee on a 450 yard hole; especially if you don't even reach the fairway. It looked bad. I think I'd rather lose like a pro than win like a bitch.

I'd almost rather lose than puss out like that but he does have 1.4 million more in his bank account today than he did yesterday so your point is taken.

I guess what bothers me is that it didn't look professional. Hell, I could have done what he did and made bogey. Two sixes and a wedge and two putts? I think I could do it just about every time on that hole.

It did work out for him I guess. Imagine if he had tried it and didn't get it done though. I remember we were talking about how it sucks when you play "smart" and it backfires on you. I think he would have been facing severe criticism if he had made a six. Everyone would have been talking about all the negative thoughts in his head.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toby, you just gotta take this one on the chin bro!

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need to. You bit yourself.

Hmmm. I guess it was the absurdity of your comparison that got me. Comparng a tee ball to an approach shot to the green from the middle of the fairway; It was laughable.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm. I guess it was the absurdity of your comparison that got me. Comparng a tee ball to an approach shot to the green from the middle of the fairway; It was laughable.

I agree that it's absurd to compare the 2 since Kuchar only had a 1 shot lead and Reed had a 2 shot lead. He needed to try to make par and he missed that shot. In retrospect he should have layed the 2nd shot up and wedged it close. . Retrospect...

Thing about this thread is I can see you calling him a pussy if he went right of the green and didn't get it up and down too.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a mild choke job...no question, but it was one bad shot which any player can do at any time...then a chip in beats you...bad, but not terrible.

A true choke job is Norman heaving up Augusta National for Faldo.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that it's absurd to compare the 2 since Kuchar only had a 1 shot lead and Reed had a 2 shot lead. He needed to try to make par and he missed that shot. In retrospect he should have layed the 2nd shot up and wedged it close. . Retrospect...

Thing about this thread is I can see you calling him a pussy if he went right of the green and didn't get it up and down too.

I don't know. With that shot there is only one thing you cannot do and that is hit it in the water. There was so much room on the right portion of the green., with a one shot lead you don't hit it at the pin. The water was so far out of play when only a par was needed it had to be a gag job.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why Reed hit an iron BTW. You should be proud of Kuchar for "losing like a man"

Reed only needed a bogey to win as I recall, not a par. Bad comparison.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. With that shot there is only one thing you cannot do and that is hit it in the water. There was so much room on the right portion of the green., with a one shot lead you don't hit it at the pin. The water was so far out of play when only a par was needed it had to be a gag job.

I've thought about this... the holes are actually very similar. . Given kuchars situation & the fact that it was into the wind, he had to hit the bold shot off of the tee & he did it.

NO WAY he intended to go at the flag. He pulled it for sure. I just have a problem with calling it a huge chokejob. Players like that don't even see water in that situation & like someone else said... he was clutch to make the playoff.

I look for him to contend again this week at augusta

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've thought about this... the holes are actually very similar. . Given kuchars situation & the fact that it was into the wind, he had to hit the bold shot off of the tee & he did it.

NO WAY he intended to go at the flag. He pulled it for sure. I just have a problem with calling it a huge chokejob. Players like that don't even see water in that situation & like someone else said... he was clutch to make the playoff.

I look for him to contend again this week at augusta

My problem was not with the thought process but with the execution. According to him, he was hitting his most reliable club in the bag from the middle of the fairway to a huge green. he should have made the shot.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My problem was not with the thought process but with the execution. According to him, he was hitting his most reliable club in the bag from the middle of the fairway to a huge green. he should have made the shot.

You're right...A professional golfer playing on the strongest tour in the world...on Tuesday afternoon 10 of out 10 times they will put that ball on the green. Sunday in the heat of the moment I still think 9 out of 10 will hit that green from the FW, so it was a choke job in that sense to me as well... but it wasn't epic, he didn't crumble.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dR1pkCGY80]Jean van de Velde golf collapse 1999 Open at Carnoustie - YouTube[/ame]

Perhaps it was the worst in a while, but I can't think of a bigger choke job than this one.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are none, well not as abrupt a collapse...but Norman, '96 Masters was probably more painful to watch.

Alt - You gonna be able to get a round in for the SportsHoopla Masters Crowning? You were talking about maybe the 12th? If so, I will be drawing for our partners that evening.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lay off of Jean. At least he learned to laugh about it

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjBZXXWh4m0]Scotland in December - Jean Van de Velde - YouTube[/ame]