• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Worst. Article. Ever.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freddy Galvis, J.P. Crawford have Phils loaded

Some retarded excerpts, and the actual logic to them.

"There's no question that Freddy Galvis provides enough value doing exactly what he did in 2016 to be a shortstop on a playoff team. I have no doubt about it. His defense is that good."- Matt Klentak

Actually, probably not. Freddy Galvis had a WAR of 2.4 last year, ranked 15th among all MLB shortstops. Not bad, but nothing spectacular. And then we look at WAA, a stat that is growing on me, and see he put up a -0.7 Wins Above Average. That means that when computing the waaW-L% using a Pythageron conversion and then subtracting .500 and multiplying by the number of games played (158 for Galvis in '16 for those keeping track at home), Galvis is -0.7 wins worse than an average major league starter.

"Then again, Galvis is only 27 and has more than four years of big league service time. Scouts and front-office people can project what Crawford might be able to do, but Galvis has already demonstrated it."

Yeah, no.

"If they are still struggling to score when Crawford is deemed ready, that could work in his favor. If the offense improves dramatically over the next season or two, more of a premium might be placed on the kind of defense Galvis provides."

There is no reality, unless Crawford gets killed doing blow and driving his boat in Miami, or develops the YIPS and completely shits the bed, where Galvis is starting over Crawford two years from now.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bet welcher
I'll reply one time to you and your shitty existence, which is one time too many.

You, my friend, are pathetic and obsessed. Your "Bet Welcher" thread over on the main forum has like 80 or 90 responses, most of them from you and your fellow cocksucking compadres begging for me to post on there. First, you want me to be banned, and then you want me to respond to you?:L

In case you didn't notice, the other dude whose name I won't mention flat out refused the bet in the 2nd or 3rd post in the thread. So it was a bet that was never agreed to. Also, you're incessant claims of me using an alt are preposterous. Ask anyone that knows me on the Phillies board- I would rather die a slow and painful death than put a picture of the Cubs (jakology) or the Mets (omarsrevenge) as my "favorite teams." You obviously don't know me at all if you think differently.

As for @Omar.382, did you ever notice the account has a grand total of 0 posts? No? Well that's because I made it after I asked to be banned in December to ask Fordman to reinstate my account. Go fucking ask him if you don't believe me. Even if that wasn't true, could you really call it an alt when it has 0 posts? I've never had an alt in my life in my time here at Sports SportsHoopla, or any other message board.

You got your wish, I'm not posting on the main forum (though a lot of people still wish I did).

You, again, are pathetic. I can see you waking up at 7 in the morning in your shitty city where you drive a shitty car to your shitty menial job, just hoping; just praying that I respond to you. "Please God, make Omar respond today. I'm begging you! I have no life, but if someone who actually does have one would respond to me, that would mean so much."

This is my last response, so I suggest you stop @ me or posting in your gay thread. You and your friends just look obsessed dude. Now GTFO
giphy.gif

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freddy Galvis, J.P. Crawford have Phils loaded

Some retarded excerpts, and the actual logic to them.

"There's no question that Freddy Galvis provides enough value doing exactly what he did in 2016 to be a shortstop on a playoff team. I have no doubt about it. His defense is that good."- Matt Klentak

Actually, probably not. Freddy Galvis had a WAR of 2.4 last year, ranked 15th among all MLB shortstops. Not bad, but nothing spectacular. And then we look at WAA, a stat that is growing on me, and see he put up a -0.7 Wins Above Average. That means that when computing the waaW-L% using a Pythageron conversion and then subtracting .500 and multiplying by the number of games played (158 for Galvis in '16 for those keeping track at home), Galvis is -0.7 wins worse than an average major league starter.

"Then again, Galvis is only 27 and has more than four years of big league service time. Scouts and front-office people can project what Crawford might be able to do, but Galvis has already demonstrated it."

Yeah, no.

"If they are still struggling to score when Crawford is deemed ready, that could work in his favor. If the offense improves dramatically over the next season or two, more of a premium might be placed on the kind of defense Galvis provides."

There is no reality, unless Crawford gets killed doing blow and driving his boat in Miami, or develops the YIPS and completely shits the bed, where Galvis is starting over Crawford two years from now.

The job is Crawford's in '18. The Phils need guys who can get on base. Galvis will do more of the .230/.279 thing this year which will make the decision easy. All JP has to do at LHV is continue to improve.