• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: World Series: Los Angeles Dodgers vs Houston Astros

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in 2014 do you think Bochy didn't have Bumgarner in mind? That's ridiculous if you think Kershaw wasn't always an option in this game.
Are you kidding me? Bochy made that clear immediately following game six. I guarantee you though that Roberts didn't think he'd need Kershaw in the second inning.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you realize that the foundation of your stance here is that managers don't make mistakes ? It doesn't seem like you do. Managers get paid a lot of money to minimize those mental errors. Roberts clearly made one last night by leaving Darvish in too long. Many people saw that it was a mistake long before he gave up 5 runs and they said so at the time. I happened to be one of them.

God bless you, Waz. For the life of me, I can't see how you're still taking this seriously. You really are a saint.

Based on this exchange with Monty alone, I think you should get a certificate from tHoop acknowledging and commending you for your work with the mentally handicapped.

Last edited:

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you kidding me? Bochy made that clear immediately following game six. I guarantee you though that Roberts didn't think he'd need Kershaw in the second inning.

There's no way you could guarantee that. At least stick to tangible view points. Even if he didn't THINK he would need him, he still should have been prepared.

So if Bochy said it was clear Bum was available, but Roberts does not, doesn't that just show you the inadequacy of Roberts as a manager there if you feel he's not even thinking about it?

Just think about that for a second. You're saying it's not the managers fault here, but you're also saying he wasn't prepared. If he wasn't prepared then guess who's fault it was?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you realize that the foundation of your stance here is that managers don't make mistakes ? It doesn't seem like you do. Managers get paid a lot of money to minimize those mental errors. Roberts clearly made one last night by leaving Darvish in too long. Many people saw that it was a mistake long before he gave up 5 runs and they said so at the time. I happened to be one of them.
No. You inferred that. Managers make mistakes but players fail to perform. The player has a much, much bigger impact on the game than the manager does as well as a much, much bigger responsibility for the outcome of the game.
We can all look behind and say Roberts made a mistake by leaving in Darvish too long but if Darvish got out of that jam, the whole narrative is different. To blame Roberts for the loss is absurd. I guarantee you no one in the Dodger front office does.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no way you could guarantee that. At least stick to tangible view points. Even if he didn't THINK he would need him, he still should have been prepared.

So if Bochy said it was clear Bum was available, but Roberts does not, doesn't that just show you the inadequacy of Roberts as a manager there if you feel he's not even thinking about it?

Just think about that for a second. You're saying it's not the managers fault here, but you're also saying he wasn't prepared. If he wasn't prepared then guess who's fault it was?
The owners!! They hired that guy! :laugh3:

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah McCullers was so nervous he hit 4 batters in two innings.

Yes he did, but before he could give up any earned runs, AJ Hinch screwed the pooch by not expecting McCullers to perform as a professional and pulled him in the 3rd. Fucking AJ Hinch. . .

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can all look behind and say Roberts made a mistake by leaving in Darvish too long but if Darvish got out of that jam, the whole narrative is different.

"if what happened didn't, things would be different than they are."

Dios fuckin mio.

Who turns your computer on for you?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The owners!! They hired that guy! :laugh3:

Damn you Moxie for bringing me into this thread. I was blissful in my ignorance of this thread lol. Now I get to argue with Monty across multiple boards.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He was . Based on the fact that he brought him in. Your problem is you try to infer meaning from my words instead of actually using my words. But if you show me where I said Roberts was not prepared, I'll eat them. I believe I said he did not expect to have to use him.

I'm prepared for a flood, thus I buy insurance but I don't expect to need it. There's a huge difference in being prepared for something and expecting something to happen. If you think Roberts was not prepared to use Kershaw if needed there is no point in continuing this because you then think that Roberts is incompetent. Again, I'll have to trust the Dodger baseball men and their opinion more than I do yours where Roberts' competence is concerned.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn you Moxie for bringing me into this thread. I was blissful in my ignorance of this thread lol. Now I get to argue with Monty across multiple boards.
You know you love it :-)

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he did, but before he could give up any earned runs, the Dodger hitters screwed the pooch by not capitalizing on those mistakes. Fucking Dodger hitters. .

Fixed it for you.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was . Based on the fact that he brought him in. Your problem is you try to infer meaning from my words instead of actually using my words. But if you show me where I said Roberts was not prepared, I'll eat them. I believe I said he did not expect to have to use him.

I'm prepared for a flood, thus I buy insurance but I don't expect to need it. There's a huge difference in being prepared for something and expecting something to happen. If you think Roberts was not prepared to use Kershaw if needed there is no point in continuing this because you then think that Roberts is incompetent. Again, I'll have to trust the Dodger baseball men and their opinion more than I do yours where Roberts' competence is concerned.

If he didn't expect to need it, then he wasn't prepared.

Prepared means that you have every contingency worked out in your head and ready to go at a moments notice. Clearly Roberts did not because in your opinion he "expected" a better result from his pitcher. While expecting and hoping is great, you absolutely need to have every base covered here. If managers didn't have this role, there wouldn't be a need for a 25 man roster. Because you would just expect your starters to go 7 innings all the time. Hell there wouldn't even be a need for managers if it was solely the responsibility of the players to just get it done.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Prepared means that you have every contingency worked out in your head and ready to go at a moments notice. Clearly Roberts did not because in your opinion he "expected" a better result from his pitcher. While expecting and hoping is great, you absolutely need to have every base covered here. If managers didn't have this role, there wouldn't be a need for a 25 man roster. Because you would just expect your starters to go 7 innings all the time. Hell there wouldn't even be a need for managers if it was solely the responsibility of the players to just get it done.
Stop making sense!! It's too much!! :what:

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt. It was hilarious watching him admire his fly out to Center as well
Here is a still from the spike. Maybe the gif will show up.

1200.jpg

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and a couple of more pics courtesy of LA Times:

Springer's HR
1200.jpg

What a shot this is for the photographer Wally Skalij
1200.jpg

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're grasping at straws now; that's beneath you. You must have read your post before you sent it and saw that it is devoid of any semblance of logic. I think I clearly explained the difference between "expectation" and "preparation" in my previous post. If I didn't know any better I'd say you were trying to keep this topic alive because you miss me :-)

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must have read your post before you sent it and saw that it is devoid of any semblance of logic.

The irony is literally dripping off my monitor onto my desk.

Monty, does your soft helmet impair your ability to get a good taste of the bus windows?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The irony is literally dripping off my monitor onto my desk.

Monty, does your soft helmet impair your ability to get a good taste of the bus windows?
You sure its irony dripping there and not something else. Dude I worry about you.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hot damn, the Astros finally did it! Holy shit.