• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Word is back home

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in IL that er’bodys pretty stoked about this 30 for 30 coming out on the Bulls. Could possibly save the world as we know it.

Major point discussed was that the croatian sensation Toni Kukoc would have exposed Lebron in today’s game. Never even the #1 option on the Bulls, even when MJ was playing baseball Kukoc really wasn’t the man on offense. He was a pretty salty Forward back in the day.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in IL that er’bodys pretty stoked about this 30 for 30 coming out on the Bulls. Could possibly save the world as we know it.

Major point discussed was that the croatian sensation Toni Kukoc would have exposed Lebron in today’s game. Never even the #1 option on the Bulls, even when MJ was playing baseball Kukoc really wasn’t the man on offense. He was a pretty salty Forward back in the day.
Exposed LOL

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go down this rabbit hole

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really looking forward to this series

Kukoc was a good role player for those late 90's teams but no where near the franchise piece Krause envisioned

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I remember reading about Kukoc for the first time in the Jordan Rules. The other players seemed to resent him just based on Krause's hype. He was a very underrated passer and when he got hot he was damned near unstoppable. He couldn't play defense for shit though, which was typical of most European players

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unreal how much that team hated Jerry Krause

On July 27, 1992, when the United States' basketball Dream Team played Croatia in the Olympics, Jordan and Pippen had their sights set on making life miserable for one man: Toni Kukoc.

How strong was their resolve? Fellow Dream Teamer Karl Malone provided the perfect analogy in GQ’s oral history of the Dream Team published in 2012.

“You ever watch a lion or a leopard or a cheetah pouncing on their prey? We had to get Michael and Scottie out of the locker room," Malone said, "because they were damn near pulling straws to see who guarded him. Kukoc had no idea.”

Though Kukoc was drafted by the Bulls in the second round in 1990, he was still playing professionally in Europe in 1992; he eventually made his way to the NBA for the 1993-94 season. At the time, Bulls general manager Jerry Krause openly raved about Kukoc and was saving money to offer him a big contract. The problem was that Pippen had morphed into a superstar and wanted to renegotiate his rookie deal that left him vastly underpaid. Since Krause wanted to bring over Kukoc, the GM wasn’t yet ready to give Pippen a raise. That obviously didn’t sit well with Pippen, which in turn drew the wrath of Jordan, who already didn’t get along with Krause. Though Pippen eventually got paid, the damage was already done.

Chicago’s superstar teammates circled the Dream Team’s game against Croatia on July 27 as the day they would get revenge. In NBA TV’s documentary "The Dream Team," Jordan articulated his reasons for wanting to own that day. “Krause was recruiting this guy and talking about how great he was. That’s like a father who has all his kids and now he sees another kid that he loves more than he loves his own. So we weren’t playing against Toni Kukoc. We were playing against Jerry Krause in a Croatia uniform.”

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really looking forward to this series

Kukoc was a good role player for those late 90's teams but no where near the franchise piece Krause envisioned

He had to be a role player. He really didn’t have a choice. But he had plenty of talent. Had good touch and dribbling skills, great passing vision for a big man along with the fundamentals. Could have easily been a Dirk nowitzki on the right squad

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exposed how? Was Kukoc known for pantsing his opponents?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exposed how? Was Kukoc known for pantsing his opponents?

The left hand exposes all. Very difficult to guard especially at 6’-10”. He had a few years getting major minutes and averaged just under 20 a game but he was made for today’s NBA