• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Woodshed® Player of the Game Award - Week 1

Who is the Woodshed® Player of the Game?

• Kirk Cousins

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Alshon Jeffery

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Torrey Smith

• Jordan Reed

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Redskin Potato Salad

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Other (Specify)

• Total voters

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Short background story of the qualifications: Came up during the Super Bowl run as a way to make fun of Merrill Hoge, who was saying that the Eagles weren't going to make the Super Bowl because they didn't have any "woodshed" players. Now, it's sort of an LVP/coach thing, a goat of the game if you will. Ideally, this guy will have put up good looking stats, but made a key misplay. Otherwise, any old bum will do, but it's more for the guy who was expected to do something and didn't, than to rip on, say, Jalen Mills.

Tl;dr: Vote for the most disappointing and/or suckiest player of the game.

The Candidates:
Kirk Cousins: Shit day against a garbage secondary. Barely completed 50% of his passes, fumbled twice, threw a pick to Jalen freakin' Mills.

Alshon Jeffery: 3 catches, 38 yards. Not what the Eagles brought him here to do. A couple balls were underthrown or thrown into traffic, but he was brought here to make those plays.

Torrey Smith: 1 catch for 30 yards, didn't attempt to dive on the fumble after whiffing on his block on that dumb backwards pass to Agholor.

Jordan Reed: largely ineffective against a team that sucks against TEs. 5 catches for 36 yards, and took at least one first down away from his offense.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Torrey Smith belongs on the list. He did his job. He was wide open twice and Wentz missed him. That is not on him and on one of them he fought for the ball to prevent an INT.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as I read this... I just had a thought...

was Barnett in the game???? LOL

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach dipshit and his backwards passes needs place in this poll.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My understanding is that based on the play design it is was not supposed to be a backward pass.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought about putting Dougie Petes on this, but there was enough hate for the dude in the game thread.

All he did was get his team to beat a division rival on the road, despite losing his Pro Bowl LT, the corner that was supposed to make their secondary not blow, and his kicker.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so more than just Pederson gets blame for that.

Hopefully this is setting up something like a fake whiff block by Smith and he goes deep on CBs going the wrong direction, but you need to show you can do that once in a while for the screen not to get blown up every time.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought about putting Dougie Petes on this, but there was enough hate for the dude in the game thread.

All he did was get his team to beat a division rival on the road, despite losing his Pro Bowl LT, the corner that was supposed to make their secondary not blow, and his kicker.

I'll only rip on his Reid-esque playcalling.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll only rip on his Reid-esque playcalling.
The playcalling was frustrating, but I think some of that is still Pederson trying to figure out what works against other defenses.

I was a little frustrated at some specific playcalls (running out of the shotgun on 3rd and 2 was one), but some of the other stuff, eh. Game 1, mostly new guys at the skill positions, it's still a feeling-out process.