• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Woods Will Defend At Doral

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may not have seen it but he said he would try to play the WGC pretty much at the time he withdrew...I would buy him bagging the Honda in the 1st or 2nd considering he was playing so shitty, but once in the money he normally finishes tournaments.

He's just getting old fast...body breaking down and he's not yet 40.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may not have seen it but he said he would try to play the WGC pretty much at the time he withdrew...I would buy him bagging the Honda in the 1st or 2nd considering he was playing so shitty, but once in the money he normally finishes tournaments.

He's just getting old fast...body breaking down and he's not yet 40.

I still think he was faking at the Honda. There was zero doubt in my mind even immediately after he withdrew that he would play at Doral.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think he was faking at the Honda. There was zero doubt in my mind even immediately after he withdrew that he would play at Doral.

But why would he fake injury at Honda? I know you don't care for the guy, but just take the name of the player out of the mix. You think he just wanted to be somewhere else Sunday afternoon? I'm not understanding why ANY player would bail in the final round?

Rory bailed at the Honda LY because he was playing terrible, probably wasn't feel great, but mostly because knew he wasn't going to make the cut...I've seen several pros do that.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Understand...I'm not trying to change your mind, just curious as to why you think he bailed?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But why would he fake injury at Honda? I know you don't care for the guy, but just take the name of the player out of the mix. You think he just wanted to be somewhere else Sunday afternoon? I'm not understanding why ANY player would bail in the final round?
Rory bailed at the Honda LY because he was playing terrible, probably wasn't feel great, but mostly because knew he wasn't going to make the cut...I've seen several pros do that.

Yes. Once he was 13 strokes behind. I think he quit because of extreme frustration with his game. I can't remember which hole it was but I think it was the second double bogey he made. He missed his putt and then walked all over Guthrie's line to go up and tap in his miss.

Woods would never do that if he was in control of his faculties. You could see that Guthrie was stunned but he said nothing. That told me right there that he did not want to be there.

You are correct though, I am extremely biased against Woods and that could have colored my impression of his quitting yesterday. But I was not surprised a bit to hear that he quit 5 holes later.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Once he was 13 strokes behind. I think he quit because of extreme frustration with his game. I can't remember which hole it was but I think it was the second double bogey he made. He missed his putt and then walked all over Guthrie's line to go up and tap in his miss.

Woods would never do that if he was in control of his faculties. You could see that Guthrie was stunned but he said nothing. That told me right there that he did not want to be there.

You are correct though, I am extremely biased against Woods and that could have colored my impression of his quitting yesterday. But I was not surprised a bit to hear that he quit 5 holes later.

I'm not biased at all. Facts is facts and the guy is an irrelevant jerk. When are we going to stop talking about him?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fortunately I was out playing myself and did not see the early coverage.

I've suffered from back spasms at times and it's knocked me to my knees, once on the golf course actually (didn't finish, but didn't leave...took 2 percocets and hung out at the clubhouse until they finished...lucky my buddy works in medical I'm not sure I could've driven home with those drugs).

So maybe I'm on the other end of it...I would empathize with any player complaining of back spasms.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fortunately I was out playing myself and did not see the early coverage.

I've suffered from back spasms at times and it's knocked me to my knees, once on the golf course actually (didn't finish, but didn't leave...took 2 percocets and hung out at the clubhouse until they finished...lucky my buddy works in medical I'm not sure I could've driven home with those drugs).

So maybe I'm on the other end of it...I would empathize with any player complaining of back spasms.

Ha ha! That's the spirit! I'm sure you had just as much fun chillin' in the clubhouse flyin' high on percocet as you would have playing golf.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not biased at all. Facts is facts and the guy is an irrelevant jerk. When are we going to stop talking about him?

We don't always agree Hammer, but when we do, you're right. :suds:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I give you jerk...irrelevant?

Fwiw...we talk about golfers in here...good, bad, and ugly.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But really ...is it not amazing that Tiger found an injury that can just come and go at will.

I called it 2 weeks ago ...Tiger can't play bad golf with no excuses. There has to be an injury or swing change.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lately...he won 5 times last year. Maybe he means the last couple of months...lol.

I can't stand Tiger but winning 5 times in a year, major or not would be a career highlight for 95% of the golfers in the field.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give you jerk...irrelevant?
Fwiw...we talk about golfers in here...good, bad, and ugly.

This, right here. You cannot say he is irrelevant.