• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

won my club's horse race tonight

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kickoff to the championship weekend.. 12 guys started on #10 then we eliminated people down to the final 2 on 18.

Ties for the highest score on a hole go to chip offs & I was able to avoid that scenario.

was probably 40 or so people watching... birdied 18 to win.

The real show starts tomorrow but I feel good regardless of how the breaks fall the rest of the weekend.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kickoff to the championship weekend.. 12 guys started on #10 then we eliminated people down to the final 2 on 18.

Ties for the highest score on a hole go to chip offs & I was able to avoid that scenario.

The real show starts tomorrow but I feel good regardless of how the breaks fall the rest of the weekend.

Good job!

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
75 in rd 1... 8 shots back

Couldnt have played better

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SFNL...I play in a league now every other Thursday...handicapped and all playing with a bunch of sandbaggers...my buddy and I have managed to make it to the finals next week and it's actually kind of fun again playing competitive...whats really awesome is my buddy is not any good but I've managed to get him to shoot anywhere from 43-47 on a consistent basis when it wasn't out of the norm for him to toss a 60 in there every now and again and I haven't given him one lesson...he has finally figured out that making a bogey is more of a reality than making a par or birdie

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing competitive is the best and hard to do now that years of demons & lack of practice have set in.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SFNL...I play in a league now every other Thursday...handicapped and all playing with a bunch of sandbaggers...my buddy and I have managed to make it to the finals next week and it's actually kind of fun again playing competitive...whats really awesome is my buddy is not any good but I've managed to get him to shoot anywhere from 43-47 on a consistent basis when it wasn't out of the norm for him to toss a 60 in there every now and again and I haven't given him one lesson...he has finally figured out that making a bogey is more of a reality than making a par or birdie

It has gotten to the point where I only enter the "gross" portion of tournaments. Way too many sandbaggers to play for net. Its bad enough that I have to give the course a stroke with my handicap and I'll be damned if I'm gonna give a bunch more to a bunch of sandbaggers.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has gotten to the point where I only enter the "gross" portion of tournaments. Way too many sandbaggers to play for net. Its bad enough that I have to give the course a stroke with my handicap and I'll be damned if I'm gonna give a bunch more to a bunch of sandbaggers.

The team we play in the finals had a guy last week getting 12 and was supposedly even thru 8...if I play well these days I'll shoot 33 to 35...its a par 35 and short but tight...we have our work cut out for us

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team we play in the finals had a guy last week getting 12 and was supposedly even thru 8...if I play well these days I'll shoot 33 to 35...its a par 35 and short but tight...we have our work cut out for us

I suppose I could see a guy who is a 12 being even through 8 once in a while. He could get a couple of early birdies. Now if he was still even through 18, I'd call bullshit. I just don't understand how these sandbaggers can get any enjoyment out of winning a net event when they know they are bullshitting. I used to play a lot at a course where they gave you a tournament handicap based on what you shot in the last few tournaments. This cured the sandbagger problem and a lot of the bigger snadbaggers did not even enter. That was a dead give away.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One must consider that someone that plays a shitty course with a low course rating (ex 67 or so) will have a higher handicap than someone that shoots the same score at a more difficult course or set of tees (72,73 et al)

I play from tees that are rated 72.2 all the time & would get drilled if I went to a muni course where my handicap would be 5 lower than someone who shoots the same score there.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I shot an opening round 76 in the Coronado Cup tournamment. Ugh!