• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Women's Basketball

NU women have played two close games

• They peaked too early and are getting tired.

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • They'll learn not to take opponents lightly.

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Who cares? It's womens basketball.

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NU women have played their last couple of games close.

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wheres the option that they just feel pressured to lose a game? I think thats what the problem is, they are finally feeling the pressure of holding onto that perfect record.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. Too late

NE1tm2nv

The Power of RED
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,682.28
Fav. Team #1
I don't know Red.

Possibly because it's getting later in the year and the opposition is starting to play a little better. And I'm sure the ladies have a bullseye on their back.

I'd have to go along with BD3 though. The pressure cooker has been turned up a notch.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly everyone is preping for Nebraska. every team wants to be the team to knock us off. Fuck shit fuck

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy hell, the women's team has 2 close games and people want to talk about how they are going downhill and something must be wrong? And people think I am negative just to be negative?

BTW, who cares, it's women's basketball.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Holy hell, the women's team has 2 close games and people want to talk about how they are going downhill and something must be wrong? And people think I am negative just to be negative?

BTW, who cares, it's women's basketball.

I ALMOST COMPLETELY AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep who cares. Win a National title and I will raise ONE eyebrow.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The women are @ home tonight vs #13 Iowa St.

This team could actually become revenue generating this year.

YuHusker1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Besides FB what other sports for the Huskers have the pressure of being at or near the top of not only the conf but in the mix for the tourny that could win the NC?

There is a pressure that goes with that and you have to learn how to win with that pressure. Our FB team learned how hard it is to win multiple NC's and to always get their opponents best game, usually of the season. Up here in MN when the Gopher wrestling team won the NC and they asked what do you do now? I think its obvious if you win one you try to make it two in a row and if that happens you try to do it again and then try to beat the record for consecutive NC's.

McBride

Outstanding in my field
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides FB what other sports for the Huskers have the pressure of being at or near the top of not only the conf but in the mix for the tourny that could win the NC?

The Husker Volleyball team could arguably be more successful than Football, although they have only fielded a team since 1975. They have never had a losing season, they have won 3 NC's, 3 runner-up's, finished in the NCAA Final Four 4 other times and have never ended a season ranked lower than #16 (1983 ) in the AVCA Coaches Poll. Their accomplishments would take forever to list. If you are interested click on the link below.

Nebraska Volleyball History - Huskers.com - Nebraska Athletics Official Web Site

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Connie Yori..Big XII Coach of the Year

Kelsey Griffin..Big XII Player of the Year

YuHusker1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I didn't know that thanks for the info.

Do you get what I mean tho? Trying to keep a good season going and the play up can be a harder thing to do, esp if it is not a usual thing for that sport at that school. You have to learn how to achieve the success and then maintain it. I got upset when U of Minn wrestling coach when asked now that you have won a NC ( I think it was maybe their second in a row) what do you do now. To have the media ask a question like that and then have the coach not give a response similar to Try to win another and try to make a run at Dan Gables record of what 10 or 11 consecutive National Championships. The guy is a good coach and turned MN Gopher wrestling into one of the top teams in the country, but to me it is always this is a new year and you keep trying to improve, set records on the team and break the national records. You should always be trying to be better. Its good to show you are always trying to run a good clean program that has good coaches and the kids know if they have the ability and are willing to work their butt off they have every opportunity to succeed.