• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wolves, Love reach deal

anythingispossible

Dangling Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Love and the Timberwolves have reached a compromise contract this morning.
The All-Star forward will get a four-year contract extension that will enable him to become a free agent after three seasons if he chooses. That would be the summer of 2015.
Or the Wolves could extend this new contract two more years at that point, if both sides agree. So, in essence, this contract would be a six-year deal if that happens.
The four-year contract will be worth almost $61 million.

Love tweeted at noon: To #twolves fans: I'll be in Minnesota for 4 more years! Excited to see you when I get back to Minneapolis.

“I wanted to be here,” he said. “I love Minnesota. I love the Minneapolis-St. Paul area

Last edited by a moderator:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good deal for both sides IMO. It gets the T-Wolves a little cap flexability (not much but some) to stash away for Rubio, Williams, Johnson, whoever. For Love, he gets good money but an opt out so he can leave if things aren't going like he like he wants them to. So now, the T-Wolves basically have 3 years to become a big time player. Right now, things look promising.