• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wiz Trade Rumors

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really haven't heard much and I know we are still in the KD2DC movement however, that's looking unrealistic at this point. Not enough pieces in place to make a run at Durant or even entice him to look our way. The only thing we have in our favor is he grew up in DC. Don't think that will sway him enough so...

Let's play "Let's make a deal" shall we? Since we have team control of Wall for a few years and will likely pair him with Beal moving forward, how can we improve now in order to make a run towards a Championship within the next 3 seasons? I say we start dealing while keeping our picks to improve starting this season which in turn should help once we add a few draft picks and a couple FA's this coming off season.

The trade that would entice another team to work a deal with the Wiz must include young promising talent, a veteran who likely won't replace the guy you are asking for in return, but will suffice along with maybe an expiring larger contract that will come off the teams books allowing them to be players in this years FA market which should improve their respective team. My trade would look like this...

Wizards Get Sacramento Gets
D. Cousins N. Hillario (expiring contract)
R. Gaye O. Porter, Jr.
M. Gortat
Draft Pick

Salaries match up and it helps both teams. Give SAC some flexibility with Nene's expiring deal, a center in Gortat and young talent in Porter. Maybe throw in a pick but this would help both teams.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to have been jumbled...

Wiz
Cousins
Gaye

SAC
Nene
Gortat
Porter, Jr.
Pick

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to have been jumbled...

Wiz
Cousins
Gaye

SAC
Nene
Gortat
Porter, Jr.
Pick
they could get a TON more from the Lakers or Celtics for Cousins....Beale would HAVE to be in any deal i would assume....Porter Jr is the only player with any upside there and its not like he is ever gonna be top 10 at his position.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we got Markief Morris & his problems for Kris Humphries, Dejuan Blair and our 1st round pick :doh:

I rather we kept our 1st round pick and taken a PF or Center
1. Diamond Stone - C
2. Skal Labissiere - PF/C
3. Marquese Chriss - PF (who I wanted)

Now its
PG John Wall
SG Bradley Beal :hope: stays healthy
SF Otto Porter :pray: its KD
PF Markief Morris
C Marcin Gortat

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we got Markief Morris & his problems for Kris Humphries, Dejuan Blair and our 1st round pick :doh:

I rather we kept our 1st round pick and taken a PF or Center
1. Diamond Stone - C
2. Skal Labissiere - PF/C
3. Marquese Chriss - PF (who I wanted)

Now its
PG John Wall
SG Bradley Beal :hope: stays healthy
SF Otto Porter :pray: its KD
PF Markief Morris
C Marcin Gortat

Not holding my breath on KD because it seems OKC is the logical choice since Westbrook is clearly ahead of Wall in terms of production and what he means to his team. Having said that and having given up our 1st round choice for MM, what do we do now if we don't land KD? The lineup above doesn't give me an overall good feeling.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not holding my breath on KD because it seems OKC is the logical choice since Westbrook is clearly ahead of Wall in terms of production and what he means to his team. Having said that and having given up our 1st round choice for MM, what do we do now if we don't land KD? The lineup above doesn't give me an overall good feeling.

Unfortunately I agree

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately I agree

I will probably be shot for saying this but we need to move on from Beal. I love his play and he is a great player but he is injured all the time. He is literally on the injured list 25-35% each season. I say we throw money at Derozan and try to get more depth at SF and in the post. We should not be this bad. 30-32 is unacceptable with the talent we have on this team. Of course Beal got injured again tonite, so who knows when we see him again.

And get rid of Wittman for heaven sakes.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will probably be shot for saying this but we need to move on from Beal. I love his play and he is a great player but he is injured all the time. He is literally on the injured list 25-35% each season. I say we throw money at Derozan and try to get more depth at SF and in the post. We should not be this bad. 30-32 is unacceptable with the talent we have on this team. Of course Beal got injured again tonite, so who knows when we see him again.

And get rid of Wittman for heaven sakes.

Question that dumb trade where we got MM. If we finish with the 9th worst record or worse to we get to keep that pick? Didn't fully understand that trade or in fact I hated that trade.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question that dumb trade where we got MM. If we finish with the 9th worst record or worse to we get to keep that pick? Didn't fully understand that trade or in fact I hated that trade.

The organization clearly thinks Durant is coming here and I just don't see it. I could be wrong and nobody knows what the man is thinking. That being said, we have made some questionable moves and I don't know what we will do when Durant goes elsewhere.

My fear is that Durant will drag this thing out while he is weighing his options. I don't think he will do this intentionally, but every team in the league wants him. I am afraid all the free agents of value will be gone while we are waiting on him to decide. After the decision, we will be in an even worse spot.

I say we target Batum, Barnes, Derozen, J. Hil and other good roles players.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The organization clearly thinks Durant is coming here and I just don't see it. I could be wrong and nobody knows what the man is thinking. That being said, we have made some questionable moves and I don't know what we will do when Durant goes elsewhere.

My fear is that Durant will drag this thing out while he is weighing his options. I don't think he will do this intentionally, but every team in the league wants him. I am afraid all the free agents of value will be gone while we are waiting on him to decide. After the decision, we will be in an even worse spot.

I say we target Batum, Barnes, Derozen, J. Hil and other good roles players.

I agree and feel KD goes somewhere else. My question is does anyone know what the trade for MM means? Does it depend on how we finish the season or no matter what we are out our 1st round pick?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree and feel KD goes somewhere else. My question is does anyone know what the trade for MM means? Does it depend on how we finish the season or no matter what we are out our 1st round pick?

Its my understanding that unless we get the 1-9 pick, it will go to PHX. It is protected in that if we tank and end up with a 1-9 pick, we keep it. Otherwise, PHX gets our pick.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a very poor decision to give up our 1st for Morris. Make the playoffs or not, trading away the future (1st round pick) for Morris who has a very low ceiling at this point makes no sense. Once all is said and done, I hope Whitman and Ernie are gone when the season concludes.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a very poor decision to give up our 1st for Morris. Make the playoffs or not, trading away the future (1st round pick) for Morris who has a very low ceiling at this point makes no sense. Once all is said and done, I hope Whitman and Ernie are gone when the season concludes.

Amen. Morris was ejected today and hopefully for good from the Wizards.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its my understanding that unless we get the 1-9 pick, it will go to PHX. It is protected in that if we tank and end up with a 1-9 pick, we keep it. Otherwise, PHX gets our pick.

Well the tanking didn't happen which I was hoping we would. Man I don't see a good team when looking at our roster. We need so many positions to be a contender.
Team Need IMO
1. PF Morris is not the answer
2. C Gortat is old and we need his replacement
3a. SF Porter I am iffy on
3b. SG Beal. Great player when healthy