• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Witten Officially retiring

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't think it will come as easy for him as Romo. Romo was just a natural. I'm not so sure Witten is a slam dunk choice to be good at this, but I think his popularity will help him through the learning curve.

It's just MNF. I remember people giving Frank Gifford hell. Deirdorf was never popular either. Dandy Don had some personality. Now Wit is following Gruden. I think Wit will be do his homework and know the game. Romo was good because he was basically a fan at times. Hell his voice sounded like he had smoked about 2 packs that day during the middle of the season. The TE for the Panthers did a game last year when he was hurt. I thought he was excellent. I could see Wit being too serious. Sometimes his voice sounds like he is talking thru his nose it seems anyway. I just don't want him to get blasted.

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 8 seasons Garrett has had one losing record and that is having to carry a poor QB like Romo on his back for most of them...Now that he has a QB maybe he'll win some playoff games

I don't remember Belichick having a book of excuses. And I never remembered Jimmy Johnson making excuses when the idiot Jerry Jones wouldn't pay EMMITT SMITH in 93

I said seven complete seasons.

and 3 consecutive 8 and 8 seasons are hardly a success story.

1 win in the playoffs in (your stat) 8 seasons, is pathetic.

And as a long time COWBOY fan, I have never thought Garrett was the main reason why the COWBOYS have won any big game (in the regular season).........especially games vs. Green Bay ......1 win 5 losses (2 losses in the playoffs)

It's funny you think someone who has strong beliefs has tunnel vision....

Jerry Jones has tunnel vision.......it's called narcissism.

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.In 8 seasons Garrett has had one losing record and that is having to carry a poor QB like Romo on his back for most of them.

You finally slipped up..........congratulations, you proved my point......

.Romo was a poor QB???????

That's a laugh.

That's an agenda right there...........that's the ball game........you're clueless.......

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You finally slipped up..........congratulations, you proved my point......

.Romo was a poor QB???????

That's a laugh.

That's an agenda right there...........that's the ball game........you're clueless.......
I meant to say horrible. I honestly feel if Romo never became our QB Garrett that would have 6 or 7 Super Bowl wins. And Jerry Jones is probably the best GM the NFL has ever seen. I Thank God every morning I wake up that he is the one making the rational, important decisions for this team

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant to say horrible. I honestly feel if Romo never became our QB Garrett that would have 6 or 7 Super Bowl wins. And Jerry Jones is probably the best GM the NFL has ever seen. I Thank God every morning I wake up that he is the one making the rational, important decisions for this team

My morning bowl of dripping sarcasm...

Thank you, good sir. I shall now have my coffee.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just MNF. I remember people giving Frank Gifford hell. Deirdorf was never popular either. Dandy Don had some personality. Now Wit is following Gruden. I think Wit will be do his homework and know the game. Romo was good because he was basically a fan at times. Hell his voice sounded like he had smoked about 2 packs that day during the middle of the season. The TE for the Panthers did a game last year when he was hurt. I thought he was excellent. I could see Wit being too serious. Sometimes his voice sounds like he is talking thru his nose it seems anyway. I just don't want him to get blasted.

I think that there will be “some” level of grace for him. So many MNF fans despised Gruden and his incessant fawning that Witten will be a refreshing change for them. Haters are gonna hate and you’ll never change that. But I’ve been listening to his radio show the last (forgot how many) years and he has always been articulate and informative. I believe he will be fine.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that there will be “some” level of grace for him. So many MNF fans despised Gruden and his incessant fawning that Witten will be a refreshing change for them. Haters are gonna hate and you’ll never change that. But I’ve been listening to his radio show the last (forgot how many) years and he has always been articulate and informative. I believe he will be fine.
I didn't know he had a radio show. Was it a spot on another show or his own show?

Sir Robin Of Camelot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know he had a radio show. Was it a spot on another show or his own show?

He’s done a weekly show the day after Cowboys games on The Ticket here in Dallas for years. 8-10 minutes and it was always a good listen. Light hearted when needed, critical when needed, insightful when needed. I never felt as if I was listening to some dumb jock when it was on. It’s “one” reason I think he will do well in the booth.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, Sorry for the charade remark, I will say gullible though.

As the bigger man I accept your apology take this as a lesson to not be so quick to make judgment on others

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2