• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

With the 22nd pick in the 2017 NFL Draft the Miami Dolphins Select

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Marcus Williams is a very unique centerfield-type safety, which I don't think McDonald is, and Nate Allen is ho-hum, overall.

As for trading back, maybe slide a few picks back for a 4th rounder. I think 10 picks back for a 3rd rounder wouldn't be worth it because many of our targets could likely be gone.

I should've added DT Brantley to the #22 list because he's really good, although not our biggest need.
Yes agreed if you can trade back and still hit a target why not and I bet a lot of these guys will be there before 30 but who knows after. Even a 4th would be great could use a 5th to upgrade it later. I'd do this unless someone really good falls but otherwise most of these guys are rated similar.
Thanks for the help let's see what others say.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Reuben Foster LB slides to the Fins do you take him? We hit on Tunsil but blew a tire on Jordan....very tough call. I'd hate the see them have the same problems that Dallas has with Gregory especially with a 1st rd pick. I'm hoping someone else takes him first or if anything the Fins trade back and take him then if still there this at least lessons the blow if he stumbles.

I'm hearing more and more chants for DE at 22 which wouldn't piss me off as they need to get younger but if they take a LB he could be starting day 1 whereas DE he most likely would be in a rotation. Bigger bang for your buck at LB unless you think you can get one in rd 2. Even OG would start instantly but not as important of a position compared to the other two and there will be some options in rd 2-3. The team also needs a DT as the depth is weak there but Phillips is supposed to start so not as urgent as the rest. I guess the good news is that they do have a roster set before the draft happens this will just make it better.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
R Foster has the potential to be boom or bust. At an important time in his career he failed a drug test. That is definitely a red flag. Another red flag is his injury history. A lot of Bama guys are damaged goods because Saban plays them with little rest when they are hurt. All that being said he may be worth the risk at pick #22 based on the positional need of the Fins.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great picks. That would be a very good draft for the Fins.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
R Foster has the potential to be boom or bust. At an important time in his career he failed a drug test. That is definitely a red flag. Another red flag is his injury history. A lot of Bama guys are damaged goods because Saban plays them with little rest when they are hurt. All that being said he may be worth the risk at pick #22 based on the positional need of the Fins.
He claims that he was sick and lost a lot of weight before the combine so he drank a lot of water for gain some bask. He was worried that being under 230 would hurt his draft... young and dumb but I can live with it just as long as he learned his lesson.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He claims that he was sick and lost a lot of weight before the combine so he drank a lot of water for gain some bask. He was worried that being under 230 would hurt his draft... young and dumb but I can live with it just as long as he learned his lesson.
Stupid spellchecker I meant drank water to game some back...how do they get gain some bask...the nerd programmers better retake high school...haha!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that you did a pretty good job especially without trades. As I mentioned above under the circumstances you have to take the chance on Foster. He will be tested and should know this so hopefully he keeps himself clean or he'll end up like Dion Jordan. Either way if all else is even I take a LB first round.

You didn't mention DT in your needs but picked a few which I think is correct...although it may have been better to take an OT as they need to keep adding to it so it never falls apart again. Either way good job and it's funny that Feeney fell twice in the 2nd round in two mock drafts so that bodes well. Here's the mock I just did on SportsHoopla we allowed trades but only for 2017 and no player trades.

MIAMI DOLPHINS - FLYERFINFAN

1.27 : T.J. Watt - OLB/DE - Wisconsin
2.54 : Dan Feeney - OG - Indiana
3.83 : Trey Hendrickson - DE - Florida Atlantic
3.104 : Carlos Watkins - DT - Clemson
5.178 : Eric Magnuson - OT - Michigan
6.184 : Fish Smithson - FS - Kansas
6.218 : Blair Brown - LB - Ohio

TRADES: 22 to Kansas City for 27,104,218
97,166 & 223 to N.Y. Jets for 83