• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

With the 22nd pick in the 2017 NFL Draft the Miami Dolphins Select

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been wondering if Haason Reddick could be the Fins' best pick at #22. He has proven production at the LB position. I read recently that McShay also sees him as a potentially good choice for the team.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been wondering if Haason Reddick could be the Fins' best pick at #22. He has proven production at the LB position. I read recently that McShay also sees him as a potentially good choice for the team.
Heard he's fast but small. If he's decent against the run then I'd be ok if not pass. Timmons will help but it was sickening last year when teams ran it down their throats.

I'm just wondering now if DE is the best position although Jordan's still a wildcard I guess.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard he's fast but small. If he's decent against the run then I'd be ok if not pass. Timmons will help but it was sickening last year when teams ran it down their throats.

I'm just wondering now if DE is the best position although Jordan's still a wildcard I guess.

The Fins could sub Reddick in on passing downs. The problem with using sub packages is that teams like the Pats will us hurry up offenses so your players have to be versatile. DE Hayes will help stop the run along with Timmons.
Jenkins is a bit of a wildcard at LB. When he is healthy he makes a lot of plays but he's had problems staying healthy recently. Misi has also missed a lot of time with injuries throughout his career.

Last edited by a moderator:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins could sub Reddick in on passing downs. The problem with using sub packages is that teams like the Pats will us hurry up offenses so your players have to be versatile. DE Hayes will help stop the run along with Timmons.
Jenkins is a bit of a wildcard at LB. When he is healthy he makes a lot of plays but he's had problems staying healthy recently. Misi has also missed a lot of time with injuries throughout his career.
If you are going to draft a LB in the first round he better be good all around. If not pass and go for another position like DE or FS.

I like the Hayes trade as he can stop the run and is solid. You are also right that guys like Jenkins or Misi may rebound I'd still like to draft a LB as they are all aging.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard another good point that DE and secondary are money positions more so than LB or OG so if your guy doesn't drop to 22 at those positions it may be smarter to trade back and acquire more picks. This way you have more ammunition to fill or upgrade more positions like LB, OG, FS, DE and even DT. I think LB and OG can be found later in rd 1 or even 2-3.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins are in negotiations with LB Z Brown. If that deal gets done the Fins would have a lot of flexibility going into the draft. The Fins may decide to get the best avail DT, or they could pick a safety. OG seems a bit high at # 22 however if Forrest Lamp is as good as advertised he could be worth considering.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins are in negotiations with LB Z Brown. If that deal gets done the Fins would have a lot of flexibility going into the draft. The Fins may decide to get the best avail DT, or they could pick a safety. OG seems a bit high at # 22 however if Forrest Lamp is as good as advertised he could be worth considering.
Actually surprised me but they could be simply driving up the price on buffalo. If they do in fact sign him they would only need depth at LB not sure 1st round would be used.

Either way FS may not be considered a huge need but if they found a game changer it would be a huge upgrade to the secondary. Probably the biggest upgrade on the team position wise as LB has already been improved somewhat. I wouldn't be upset with Lamp but if they reached for another OG at 22 it wouldn't make sense. They may simply go BPA or DE at that spot or move back in the draft to fill in every gap. DT wouldn't shock me either.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only downside of signing him would be that people would start calling our defense the Zach Brown Band. I am not a fan.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Z Brown had 149 tackles last year, 1 INT, 2 FF, & 4 sacks and 4 pass defenses. I think he has talent. He's fast for a LB. He would be able to play from day 1. If they sign him they could get BPA in the draft which could be better than reaching on a pick if they felt they have to add a LB. Misi has missed so many games. I don't think the team can count on him. Plus Jenkins is gone so that would almost force a first pick at LB unless the team feels there is enough depth to get a starter in the second round.

Last edited by a moderator:

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only downside of signing him would be that people would start calling our defense the Zach Brown Band. I am not a fan.

If the Fins defense starts dominating they may get a nickname. I don't think it will be Zach Brown Band though unless Z Brown signs then plays like a superstar for at least a year or so. There is a lot of talent on that defense. They will just need to learn to work well together. In the history of the Fins the most famous names was the No Name Defense in the 70's and the Killer B's in 1984. Maybe it's time for the team to build an identity. Stopping the run would be a great place to start for the defense. I think they have improved with they guys they have added so far. I'm hoping J Phillips takes his game to the next level. That would help.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[I wouldn't be upset with Lamp but if they reached for another OG at 22 it wouldn't make sense.

If there is a game changer at another position at #22 then I'm all for it. Otherwise, Lamp could be a solid choice. He may be one of the safest picks in this draft. The Fins have been very good when healthy on the Oline last year with the starters but when injuries happened the team struggled.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown apparently left Miami no contract but they extended Alonso so good move there if money is OK. Brown may still sign who knows but most likely not if he left. If anything cost buffalo more now.

Either way they can go in a few directions when drafting which is nice and for the most part BPA.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown had a very good contract year and he's looking to cash in. He may be asking too much though. We'll see if the Bills match his demands.

I like the extension of Alonso. It seemed like every week he was making a big play. I like how the Fins are keeping nearly all of their core guys.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown had a very good contract year and he's looking to cash in. He may be asking too much though. We'll see if the Bills match his demands.

I like the extension of Alonso. It seemed like every week he was making a big play. I like how the Fins are keeping nearly all of their core guys.
They had to keep Alonso they still have to draft a LB it would be a worse situation without him. Just as long as he stays healthy he'll be fine. He also said that he's ok playing OLB and is excited playing with Timmons which is great. Barnwell gave it a D+ because he was 100% sure he would be upset... idiot.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had to keep Alonso they still have to draft a LB it would be a worse situation without him. Just as long as he stays healthy he'll be fine. He also said that he's ok playing OLB and is excited playing with Timmons which is great. Barnwell gave it a D+ because he was 100% sure he would be upset... idiot.

The Fins seldom get any recognition nationally for good decisions that they make. I think the Fins team this year looks to be a more talented team than last years playoff team. That said, the only way to prove the doubters wrong is to win.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins seldom get any recognition nationally for good decisions that they make. I think the Fins team this year looks to be a more talented team than last years playoff team. That said, the only way to prove the doubters wrong is to win.
Agreed they have far less holes to fill and a lot of upside on not only the roster but from a coaching standpoint with a year under Gases belt. Heck even Jordan may surprise us and be that young passrusher they need.

At this time I'm going BPA on LB, FS, OG and DE in the first round with really none of those positions in real tragedy. Fill in the rest in later rounds.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things have changed a bit especially since the Fins signed McDonald and missed on Brown. I'm now hoping for LB, DE and OG in the first three rounds ideally hitting on all three! If their guys aren't available in round one possibly trade back and add a DT with the extra pick. That may be the better play in the long run.

What does everyone else hope for? I'm doing the SportsHoopla mock next week I'd like your feedback and I'll report the Fins picks.:first:

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be fine with a number of guys in Round One:

Cunningham
Reddick
Peppers
Lamp
Charlton
Bolles
Watt
and more

I'd still like FS Marcus Williams in Round 2. Maybe OG Dion Dawkins is we don't go OL in Round 1.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be fine with a number of guys in Round One:

Cunningham
Reddick
Peppers
Lamp
Charlton
Bolles
Watt
and more

I'd still like FS Marcus Williams in Round 2. Maybe OG Dion Dawkins is we don't go OL in Round 1.
So you are hoping for either LB, OG, DE or S early in the draft. I kinda stepped back from S as a need because of the McDonald signing and made DT more of a priority. Either way thanks I'll keep those names in mind.

Odds are one player will slide through but should the Fins consider trading back for picks?

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are hoping for either LB, OG, DE or S early in the draft. I kinda stepped back from S as a need because of the McDonald signing and made DT more of a priority. Either way thanks I'll keep those names in mind.

Odds are one player will slide through but should the Fins consider trading back for picks?

I think Marcus Williams is a very unique centerfield-type safety, which I don't think McDonald is, and Nate Allen is ho-hum, overall.

As for trading back, maybe slide a few picks back for a 4th rounder. I think 10 picks back for a 3rd rounder wouldn't be worth it because many of our targets could likely be gone.

I should've added DT Brantley to the #22 list because he's really good, although not our biggest need.