• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

With Cutler and Keenum Starting Games

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for him. When he can prove he can win games without Harbaugh, he'll have himself another job.

And you expect him to do that how? If no one is signing him? Once Harbaugh left and Tomsula and Chip Kelly came in, that entire team went to shit. Every QB needs at least a decent team around him to be successful. Only a handful of QBs make the people around him better and Kaepernick is not one of those people. But neither is half of the starting QBs right now.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you forgetting the other half of my comment or are you just responding to what fits your argument?

Those QBs are on equal footing with Kaep with half the baggage. That half of the comment is irrelevant.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those QBs are on equal footing with Kaep with half the baggage. That half of the comment is irrelevant.

So would you say that the political stance he took last year has more to do with him not getting signed than his on the field play?

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So would you say that the political stance he took last year has more to do with him not getting signed than his on the field play?

It's circular, IMO. He's an average QB. He could get signed. But he's an off field distraction. A lot of guys are. He could get signed. He's only an average QB. But he could get signed. But some fans might protest his dumb protest. But he's got some talent. So he could get signed. But does his talent outweigh his activism?

Round and round it goes. It's easier to sign a Keith Wenning or a Ryan Nassib than to try and break that circle.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respectfully disagree. A couple of mid round picks for the franchise QB you want is nothing.

If he is a stud, nobody will give a fuck.

If he's a bust, no one will know for a few years anyway.

The Bears have a young roster. 3 mid round picks will not make or break anything.

You're the Chicago fan, if you're happy with it you know more about it than I do.

thepieguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched CKs career, and I can tell you he's at least top 20. If he couldn't run people wouldn't so quick to write him off, but what's actually a positive has been a detriment to his perception.

Baalke actively leaked his narratives to the media in efforts to sabotage CK and Harbaugh. He hated them. Once he succeeded in firing Harbaugh for no reason, he set his sights on the next "problem", CK.

He hired coaches (tomsula/kelly) who had no shot at being HC anywhere else, so he could have the power and run the show. He put the worst rated C, RG, and RT in front of CK, along with a Dline coach as HC in 2015. Needless to say it didnt go well, and CK ended up needing 3 surgeries from his time behind the turnstiles. The best part is Baalke benched the bad linemen and made the line better as soon as Blaine was put in.

CKs iniury clause guaranteed his 2016 salary, which is the only reason Baalke didn't cut him going into the 2016 season. Still, everything was going to Baalkes plan. CK wasn't able to make it through TC because of his surgeries, and Blaine "won" the job. All Baalke had to do was make sure CK doesn't see the field and get injured, because then he wouldn't be able to cut him due to his injury clause kicking in.

When trotting Blaine out there became unbearable, Baalke gave Kap an ultimatum. He either reworks the contract, dropping the injury clause so that there would be no risk of his contract being guaranteed in 2017, or Ponder starts and he never gets the chance to redeem his 2015, which would without a doubt end his career after starting the protests. CK of course reworked the contract, dropped his injury guarantees, and got back on the field.

Here's an example of Baalke having his boys leak BS to the media so he can do his thing Some 49ers want Christian Ponder to start. This was leaked while they were in negotiations to drop CKs injury clause. If they couldn't get rid of the injury clause, he could start Ponder without looking like a idiot.

TLDR: CK has been on the equivalent of an expansion team with a front office actively trying to sabotage him ever since Harbaugh was sabotaged. I think he deserves another shot with an actual NFL players and actual NFL coaching, with GM who's main goal isn't to get rid of him. Him and Harbaugh were used as scapegoats for our GMs problems, and it wrongly derailed both their careers.

Last edited:

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*you're

21616381_10155501305552900_4751691466379723880_n.jpg

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Putting Cutler and Keenum in the same sentence is just wrong. Cutler is a very capable NFL QB, Keenum is a fringe NFL player.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was signed. I forget what happened next.

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His place being the garbage bin of former NFL QBs. Taking his place right next to Christian Ponder, Nick Foles, Matt Flynn, Jake Locker, Tim Tebow, Josh Johnson, Josh Freeman, etc.

I was wrong about Foles.