• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

With Cutler and Keenum Starting Games

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny.

The 49ers defense was dead last, allowing 30ppg last season.

:L

So, what you're saying, is that Kaep's stats are inflated, as most were likely garbage-time stats.

:evil:

giphy.gif

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver's defense was dead last in the League? Nope....

Doesn't change the fact that they were one of the worst teams in the league. When Kaep leads one of the least talented teams in the league to the postseason, then I'll be impressed.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fair. Hey, how good were the 2011 Broncos, again? Let's see. Coming off a 4 win season. Had the #2 pick in the draft. Started the year 1-4. They didn't make the playoffs with Tim Tebow, did they? No wait, they did.

Did they win the AFC title with Tebow? Did they make it passed the 2nd round with Tebow? Did Denver go to 2 straight NFC title games with Tebow? Oh wait, they didn't.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

ONLY because the starter was out for injury. What part of BACKUP are you not getting? Once Bradford is cleared to play, back to the bench for Keenum.

Tolzien? Backup QB on a $500k guaranteed... with potential of $3.5MM

Hoyer? ummm... the 49ers were moving on from Kaep.

McCown? Jets are tanking/rebuilding.... McCown is only making $6mm/year with a $9somethingish cap hit.

Take Kaeps' nutsack out of your mouth once in awhile, and breathe.

^^^^^^^^^

Scott Tolzien comes to mind. And Case Keenum. And Brian Hoyer.

I think you get the idea.

You're relapsing..... you know better. Disagree? Let's TD!

(yes.... you can still be a stupid motherfucker.... this is one of those times...)

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaches and execs ranked Kaepernick ahead of starters Blake Bortles, Brian Hoyer, Jared Goff, Tom Savage and Josh McCown and right behind Mike Glennon and Trevor Siemian. My argument isn't that he's the best QB ever, but by all accounts, he's a better QB than 5 current starters and on the same level as 2 current starters. This is according to people who are smarter and richer than I. Various players came out speaking in approval of Kaepernick to get a 2nd shot. Owners have said they would sign him. Coaches said he's still got starter potential. All these glowing recommendations from current players, coaches and owners. All this support from current players, yet 0 teams are signing him? Seems fishy to me, my boys.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not a backup in the NFL. He's a starter. In this NFL, he's a starter. If Savage, McCown, Bortles, Cutler, Keenum and Hoyer are starters, Kaepernick is a starter.

Houston with their defense? And the fact they play in the AFC South?

Good fit.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaches and execs ranked Kaepernick ahead of starters Blake Bortles, Brian Hoyer, Jared Goff, Tom Savage and Josh McCown and right behind Mike Glennon and Trevor Siemian. My argument isn't that he's the best QB ever, but by all accounts, he's a better QB than 5 current starters and on the same level as 2 current starters. This is according to people who are smarter and richer than I. Various players came out speaking in approval of Kaepernick to get a 2nd shot. Owners have said they would sign him. Coaches said he's still got starter potential. All these glowing recommendations from current players, coaches and owners. All this support from current players, yet 0 teams are signing him? Seems fishy to me, my boys.

Do you guys have matching scarves?

Xq6Ak3X.jpg

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston with their defense? And the fact they play in the AFC South?

Good fit.

He's a good fit, but I could see how it doesn't make sense because they just drafted what they hope to be the future of their franchise. But if he had a mobile QB to learn from instead of learning from Tom Savage...Watson would be a beast and Houston would be a favorite immediately.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did they win the AFC title with Tebow? Did they make it passed the 2nd round with Tebow? Did Denver go to 2 straight NFC title games with Tebow? Oh wait, they didn't.

No. And thus the limitations of Tim Tebow.

Kaepernick's limitations are worse. He has to have a talented team around him. And frankly, a talented coach. Without a top 5 D and a guy like Harbaugh running the show, Kaep is a mediocre QB at best. He's not a guy that will ever be able to put a team on his shoulders. He had a chance last year and did not do it. He is a limited QB. He's got legs. He's got a strong arm. That's about it.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kaepernick's limitations are worse. He has to have a talented team around him. And frankly, a talented coach. Without a top 5 D and a guy like Harbaugh running the show, Kaep is a mediocre QB at best. He's not a guy that will ever be able to put a team on his shoulders. He had a chance last year and did not do it. He is a limited QB. He's got legs. He's got a strong arm. That's about it.

Like I've said, he won't be able to carry the team on his shoulders. You're right. But can Josh McCown, Blake Bortles, Tom Savage, Jared Goff, Trevor Siemian, Mike Glennon or Jay Cutler? I don't think so.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why did he not do it last season? Despite posting solid stats? 16 TD's to 4 INT's?

Because, very few QB's can win a shootout when the defense allows 30ppg. It's not that hard to see why the Niners sucked last year.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His place being the garbage bin of former NFL QBs. Taking his place right next to Christian Ponder, Nick Foles, Matt Flynn, Jake Locker, Tim Tebow, Josh Johnson, Josh Freeman, etc.

We shall see.

When he is back you can snack on your words.....