• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

With all these trades, who is your team's untradeables?

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best player in the league is worth more than a couple draft picks - which are far from sure things. I'd need high-end roster players coming my way too to make it even remotely worth the trade.

Rodgers hasn't even been a top 5 QB in the league the last 3 years.

You are right he is worth more than 2 1st rounders because he still might have the ability to be one of the best in the league. But being a big homer by calling him the best player in the league when he clearly hasn't been that for quite a long time now isn't helping your argument.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you should ever look at anyone as "untradeable". Especially a non-QB.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers hasn't even been a top 5 QB in the league the last 3 years.

You are right he is worth more than 2 1st rounders because he still might have the ability to be one of the best in the league. But being a big homer by calling him the best player in the league when he clearly hasn't been that for quite a long time now isn't helping your argument.

Rodgers is the best in the league.

- Bears fan

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the odds of him making it 16 games next season?

I don't get it. This question is based on the pre-supposition that Rodgers has been injury prone. He hasn't. He's only ever had two injuries that caused him to miss time. He's only failed to play two seasons in full. (Unless you include 2011 when he sat the last game healthy - with HFA clinched)

Rodgers has started 8 of 10 full seasons. Therefore - I give him damn good odds of starting another full one.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers is the best in the league.

- Bears fan

If it was 2014, I would whole heartedly agree with you.

But it isn't that year and Rodgers hasn't been that player.

To call Rodgers the best in the league in a league with Brady in it with the run has he has been on the last 3 years isn't just wrong....it's stupid. Brady has not only beat Rodgers in the last few years....he's lapped him quite a few times. It's not even a comparison.

Don't get me wrong. I think Rodgers is a great player. One of the best to play the game. But the simple fact is he hasn't been great for 3 years running now.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it was 2014, I would whole heartedly agree with you.

But it isn't that year and Rodgers hasn't been that player.

To call Rodgers the best in the league in a league with Brady in it with the run has he has been on the last 3 years isn't just wrong....it's stupid. Brady has not only beat Rodgers in the last few years....he's lapped him quite a few times. It's not even a comparison.

Don't get me wrong. I think Rodgers is a great player. One of the best to play the game. But the simple fact is he hasn't been great for 3 years running now.

Rodgers run the last couple months of 2016 (including his two post-season wins) was as good as I've seen a QB play in a long-time.

Football isn't like baseball, where individual numbers tell most (if not all) of the story. I don't think anyone is more valuable to their team than Rodgers. As we saw when he went down. They're a damn mess outside of him. He singlehandedly has won that division the past two seasons (prior to injury this past season). Could have very well done it again in 2017. Something to be said for that.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get it. This question is based on the pre-supposition that Rodgers has been injury prone. He hasn't. He's only ever had two injuries that caused him to miss time. He's only failed to play two seasons in full. (Unless you include 2011 when he sat the last game healthy - with HFA clinched)

Rodgers has started 8 of 10 full seasons. Therefore - I give him damn good odds of starting another full one.
No, my presupposition is based on the idea of father time always winning.

I do think Rodgers is as close to untradable as an old player gets.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess I am missing where all of these 34 year old HOF QB's have began struggling with "father time". Especially this side of the century. Rodgers is still squarely in the prime years of QB play. Age is not a concern...

If Rodgers would suddenly look old at 34 this upcoming year. That would be a bit unprecedented. Absolutely zero reason to suspect it will be an issue.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And he is already making noise about his next contract. GB gonna screw themselves if they give him his next contract, unless he goes the Dirk/TB route and I don't see him doing that.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I am missing where all of these 34 year old HOF QB's have began struggling with "father time". Especially this side of the century. Rodgers is still squarely in the prime years of QB play. Age is not a concern...

If Rodgers would suddenly look old at 34 this upcoming year. That would be a bit unprecedented. Absolutely zero reason to suspect it will be an issue.

He may still be capable of playing at a high level, but with who? Will his OL let him stay upright? Who's going to catch the ball or run it. And when he is 36 he will need a new contract. How much will you pay him and hamstring your future?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may still be capable of playing at a high level, but with who? Will his OL let him stay upright? Who's going to catch the ball or run it. And when he is 36 he will need a new contract. How much will you pay him and hamstring your future?

He's won in the post-season this decade every year besides one (when he's was one week removed from injury). You act like his team hasn't been lackluster as hell in a good handful of those seasons. It certainly was in 15 and 16.

He'll be 34 this season. Looking around at how long other big name QB's have hung around this side of the century. He absolutely has roughly 4-5 high-level years left. I don't understand the issue... He doesn't have an O-line? That's why they put a new FO in place. lol... I am rather baffled by what you feel is so complicated. He's not even old yet...

And when he is 36 he will need a new contract. How much will you pay him and hamstring your future?

I'll give him the same deal Brees just got. Possibly for three years, instead of two. How is that hamstringing them? The answers to the questions in your post are fairly simple and self-explanatory. Yet, you act as though they're going to break a franchise. lol

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First Round QB coming out this year or the next would be about 12-14 years younger than him and rookie QB contracts allow you to build superteams.

I wouldn't dismiss how much value something like '2 First Round picks' actually has.

I think this is all moot, though, because franchise QBs are basically untradable. Brady staying on at New England pretty much shows that.