• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wisconsin's All Bielema Team

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would win a national title. An actual depth chart would be pretty deep with guys like Beckham, White, Gordon, Swann, Joe Monty, Zew, Hubbard, Coleman, Wagner, Frederick, Stocco, Tolzien, Fenelus etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. I had a hard time picking the safeties. Special teams would be insane with guys like Casillas out there.

QB - Russell Wilson
RB - Montee Ball
FB - Brady Ewing
WR1 - Jared Abbredaris
WR2 - Nick Toon
TE - Lance Kendricks
LT - Joe Thomas
LG - John Moffitt
C - Peter Konz
RG - Kraig Urbik
RT - Gabe Carimi

DE - JJ Watt
DE - O'Brien Schofield
DT - Nick Hayden
DT - Patrick Butrym
MLB - Chris Borland
OLB - Mike Taylor
OLB - Deandre Levy
CB - Jack Ikegwonu
CB - Devin Smith
S - Chris Maragos
S - Shelton Johnson

K - Taylor Melhaff
P - Brad Nortman
Returner - David Gilreath

Last edited by a moderator:

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I was going to make one of these when I finished finals. Most of the picks are solid, but I would make a couple of changes:

At Tight End, I think Kendricks was the better player, but Garrett Graham accomplished a lot more. He'd be my pick there.

Zeitler, IMO, was a better player than Moffitt. When they were starting at the same time, I thought Zeitler was the much more consistent player.

Matt Shaughnessy was clearly better than Butrym. I know he was a DE, but you have to give that spot to him.

The secondary is such a hard decision to make. At CB, Ikegwuonu, Brinkley, Fenelus, and Smith are all so close. I think i'd give the edge to Fenelus if for no other reason that the two years he excelled were the two years we deservedly won the conference. I guess Ikegwuonu was more accomplished than Devin Smith, but if I were picking them at their peaks tomorrow, i'm taking Devin. His character level is so high.

The same is true for safety. Chris Maragos, Jay Valai, Aaron Henry, and Shelton Johnson are all so even, and all four were such high character guys (and captains). It's literally like flipping a coin. I think i'd go Maragos and Henry, FWIW. Namely because Henry's biggest weakness (stopping the big play) would be much less of a weakness with Maragos there.

And for return man, i'd throw James White in there because he belongs on this team somewhere. If there is an All-Purpose slot, Gilreath can get his slot back.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. I thought about both Graham and OD. Hard to argue with some of Kendricks' numbers or the couple games he took total control of. Any one of the four great tight ends(OD, Beckham, Graham, Kendricks) can be considered a lock in my book.

2. I can see that. Honestly, Zeitler was a beast and I had a hard time with the RG spot. You're probably right. That side of the line was unreal last year. I wish I could remember who it was against, but I remember seeing Oglesby way up field blocking one guy per arm, after trucking his DL assignment. Looked behind him during the replay and saw Zeitler basically pancaking two guys at once. They were unstoppable on run plays.

3. I hear ya. I didn't like leaving Shaughnessy out either. I stuck with the base D, and I probably forgot somebody. Beau Allen deserves a shout out here. He's been a great anchor this season.

4. I could have gone with any combination of those 3. I hated not taking Fenelus but you barely heard Smith's name at all this year because he's had his man locked down. Ike was a little iffy when it came to the rumor mill, but I don't think he's a horrible person or anything.

5. Maragos was a ball hawk and just seemed to be exactly where he needed to be to save the day. Henry and Valai were GREAT against the run, and Valai gave us the hard hitting we needed. I liked all those guys. Stellmacher too.

6. White is one of the reasons I think an "All Bielema" complete depth chart would win a title. Weapons all over the field. We would be deep at every position, with All B1G players and major award winners in every position group. More than one in most.

Last edited by a moderator: