• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Wisconsin @ Nebrasketball

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RA is jest fishin’ for some JJM.

He likes ta reel me in and throw me back in the water and try ta make me bite again en sech.

No. I just speak my mind without the added homer.

I was rebuilding my furnace blower in the basement during the 1st half. There's not a tv in that room so I was listening to it on the radio. This team has never been able to put on the gas and finish off opponents regardless of quality. They get complacent, sloppy, and piss away good leads.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I listened to the first half on the radio. I think I heard "should have" from Pavelka and Davison about 20 times.
That phrase used so often during Nebrasketball is getting old.

Nebrasketball plays down to it's opponents like no other.

I blindly believe that the other guys play up to nebraska....

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I just speak my mind without the added homer.

I was rebuilding my furnace blower in the basement during the 1st half. There's not a tv in that room so I was listening to it on the radio. This team has never been able to put on the gas and finish off opponents regardless of quality. They get complacent, sloppy, and piss away good leads.

We blew Northwestern out on the road. That team is better than Wisconsin.

This team is still relatively “young.”

Think back to last year at this time we didn’t have Copeland or Palmer and now they’re arguably our 2 most valuable players. Can’t just expect everyone to gel immediately, but it’s obvious that they’ve gotten better since early on (St. John’s).

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We blew Northwestern out on the road. That team is better than Wisconsin.

This team is still relatively “young.”

Think back to last year at this time we didn’t have Copeland or Palmer and now they’re arguably our 2 most valuable players. Can’t just expect everyone to gel immediately, but it’s obvious that they’ve gotten better since early on (St. John’s).

I agree they've got talent, and I'd be happy to be proven wrong, but I highly doubt they win 8 of their final 13 regular season games because "should have".
I expect they'll be down to needing a win or two in the Big 10 conference tourney to get on the bubble.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree they've got talent, and I'd be happy to be proven wrong, but I highly doubt they win 8 of their final 13 regular season games because "should have".
I expect they'll be down to needing a win or two in the Big 10 conference tourney to get on the bubble.

I think that's realistic. But they haven't had this good of a shot (both roster and schedule) in years.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's realistic. But they haven't had this good of a shot (both roster and schedule) in years.

Fair enough.

If they fail to make the big dance?

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough.

If they fail to make the big dance?

If they don't make the dance then they need to be on the bubble. If they don't make the tourney then they should be a top 4 seed in the NIT.

IMO there is no reason Nebraska isn't at least in the NIT every single year and make the dance at LEAST every 3 years.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think next week’s game against Michigan at home is going to be a good measuring stick for where we’re at.

That team is real close to being top 4 or so in the conference. If we get owned by them in the PBA I’ll concede that I was wrong. Win that game and I’ll firmly believe we’re going over 20 regular season wins.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win this week at Penn State and then win at home against Michigan and suddenly you’re looking at a very dangerous 14-6 Nebraska team with plenty of opportunities left.

I have a suspicion we’re gonna drop this one to Penn State on Friday though.