• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Winter Meetings moves/rumors

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O's confident they'll make additions at Meetings | orioles.com: News

"Yeah, absolutely," executive vice president of baseball operations Dan Duquette said when asked if the club would add guys, excluding the Rule 5 Draft, before boarding a plane back north on Thursday. "We had a lot of conversations, we should be adding more players by the end of the week."

Open to rehabbing pitchers.. and Johan Santana.. Nah, I think we should pass. Think Colon could work his same magic here (substance issue aside)?.. I don't know. It just doesn't have a good feel to it for me for some reason. And if he's thinking $10 million, then just no... lol, no.

Think that's meant specifically for Hammel? Sort of a "maybe we're interested... maybe.." (for the right price)

School of Roch: Day Two of the Winter Meetings

If nelson Cruz turned down a 5 yr/$75 mil offer from seattle, then I think we're definitely out of the mix.. thank the heavens.

Last edited by a moderator:

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Grant Balfour will be signed by the end of the day.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orioles Considered Favorites For Grant Balfour

9:28am: The Orioles haven't made a former offer to Balfour, but that step is likely coming later today, and Baltimore is considered the favorite to land his services, per Kubatko (on Twitter).
9:11am: The Orioles are "trying to get a deal done" with free agent closer Grant Balfour, tweets Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports. Roch Kubatko of MASNsports.com tweets that Balfour and Baltimore are currently in talks, though no deals are in place. Eduardo A. Encina of the Baltimore Sun tweets that the O's have also met with John Axford's agents this week.
The Orioles traded Jim Johnson and his projected $10.8MM salary to the Athletics and have been said to be in the market for a more affordable closer. Balfour and Axford would both represent more affordable alternatives, though Balfour's price tag figures to be steeper than Axford's, as the latter of the two was non-tendered. The savings on Balfour may not be great in comparison to Johnson's salary, though Axford could certainly represent a significant cost-savings.

With Johnson gone, this would be a good move for the O's

Last edited by a moderator:

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
steve hinted that for the jj money they maybe able to get both raul and balfour both have same agent . the way people talk about webb that is going to be a good signing .

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as always they are looking at gavin floyd

Shenanihanigans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how about a dh? major league caliber second baseman? left fielder?

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it wouldn't shock me to see a nate type as a lf . Nolan if healthy is our lf . as much as people laugh about all his injuries but he is a difference maker with his legs and bat . as far as second I think if you gave ryan 2nd his hitting would come around . people forget that with Valencia he has solved our rh dh spot and can back up 1st and 3 rd . like a colon or no one we hired 2 guys that is suppose to be able to fix guys . so Nolan , manny ,nick , davis , jones , matt , Valencia , jj , ryan would be pretty good vs lhp . bench say raul , weeks ,rajai davis speed and d and Clevenger

Youngfan9886

Board Nightmare
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it wouldn't shock me to see a nate type as a lf . Nolan if healthy is our lf . as much as people laugh about all his injuries but he is a difference maker with his legs and bat . as far as second I think if you gave ryan 2nd his hitting would come around . people forget that with Valencia he has solved our rh dh spot and can back up 1st and 3 rd . like a colon or no one we hired 2 guys that is suppose to be able to fix guys . so Nolan , manny ,nick , davis , jones , matt , Valencia , jj , ryan would be pretty good vs lhp . bench say raul , weeks ,rajai davis speed and d and Clevenger

Reimold is a difference maker? He hasn't had a good season in 4 years. In my opinion, he's a Steve Pearce type but less healthy. He is somebody who is going to hit .250 with some pop but only play like 1/4 of the year. No, we need somebody else. Rajai davis would have been a good signing but he is gone to Detroit.

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it's considered a win by the front office if they're simply on everyones "radar".:L