• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"Winter Classic to showcase NHL’s best rivalry"

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I see your point, from a historical perspective, I think that you could make the argument that this is the best and most heated rivalry going on right now.

An example, most people would say that Ohio State - Michigan or Army - Navy are the best rivalries in college football, but Alabama-Florida or Texas-Oklahoma would get the national coverage right now and would be able to make the case for best rivalry right now, even though those are not the top historical rivalries for any of those four teams.

I think that it would be tough to sell any other rivalry right now that is hotter or involves more drama that Caps-Pens. Perhaps the Wings-Hawks.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I see your point, from a historical perspective, I think that you could make the argument that this is the best and most heated rivalry going on right now.

This.

Boston - Montreal or Toronto - Montreal would be the best historical rivalry, but c'mon, the Leafs continue to be a laughing stock. Pens - Caps or Pens - Flyers is probably the best current rivalry today.

/Homer pick would be Canucks - Flames

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
most people would say that Ohio State - Michigan or Army - Navy are the best rivalries in college football, but Alabama-Florida or Texas-Oklahoma would get the national coverage right now and would be able to make the case for best rivalry right now, even though those are not the top historical rivalries for any of those four teams.

Lehigh-Lafayette FTW!