• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wimbush as Starter

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you shouldn't have defended him in the first place. most people saw what kind of game coach he was a long time ago. yet you think you see that kizer gave up, choked, didn't have his head in it etc. IN ONE GAME! remarkable!
no one benches their starter because they believe they will be leaving the following year. that's just ignorant. hopefully even kelly won't be THAT stupid.
I like Kelly but when a coach loses his players its a wrap. Kelly is the best coach since Holtz at ND. I give the guy a long leash because what he brought back to ND. its about respect.

No Kizer lost his head 2-3 games ago. Im a kizer fan and hope he does well in the NFL. My thinking is about the future of ND. Kizer isn't the future. Its not that hard to understand. Playing Wimbush secures Wimbush for next year and it lets the fans see what the future is. We have nothing to lose.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry Purguy but I'm not wasting Wimbush's red shirt on this dumpster fire season. When Zaire leaves, and Kizer gets drafted he'll be the starter next year anyway.
He only has 1 redshirt and he already used it..

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to hire the right coach, I'm selling out to get the Houston Coach but I'm sure plenty of schools will be after him.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry Purguy but I'm not wasting Wimbush's red shirt on this dumpster fire season. When Zaire leaves, and Kizer gets drafted he'll be the starter next year anyway.
u wouldn't want to see what the future brings. Just like MZ played in the bowl game. We thought Big after we beat LSU. He got hurt and he went down hill.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He only has 1 redshirt and he already used it..
I'm pretty sure they ended up pulling his red shirt from his freshman year when Zaire went down and he's red shirting this year Purguy.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the shame of it all is that kizer is one of the better q backs nd has ever had and he had the misfortune of playing for kelly. kizer will be a terrific pro.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure they ended up pulling his red shirt from his freshman year when Zaire went down and he's red shirting this year Purguy.
No its about playing time. He didn't play last year. I don't think he wasted his redshirt last year. if Im wrong then yes u are right now need to waste it this year. I will admit I am wrong then. Im sure it wasn't wasted last year. Just because u were the #2 last year doesn't mean he wasted it. Its about playing time.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the shame of it all is that kizer is one of the better q backs nd has ever had and he had the misfortune of playing for kelly. kizer will be a terrific pro.
I agree, He is one of my fav. i was in fav to start him this year. I like Kizer a lot. My negative about him came in the last couple of games. He is a little soft and struggled when pressure is on him. Go look on the 49ers board I want them to draft him. Now Im not to sure. I don't know if he has it to be a leader. he lost this game with his 2 Ints and bad last drive.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Kizer lost his head 2-3 games ago.

bullshit! had a poor game today. nobody in their right mind could blame him for last week and the game before that he threw for almost 500 yards and 3 td's and ran for one.
he's had ONE BAD GAME!

stop making things up to bolster your argument.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bullshit! had a poor game today. nobody in their right mind could blame him for last week and the game before that he threw for almost 500 yards and 3 td's.
he's had ONE BAD GAME!

stop making things up to bolster your argument.
2 bad games in a row. yes last game wasn't his fault but it was still bad. He also had a couple melt down games this year

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No its about playing time. He didn't play last year. I don't think he wasted his redshirt last year. if Im wrong then yes u are right now need to waste it this year. I will admit I am wrong then. Im sure it wasn't wasted last year. Just because u were the #2 last year doesn't mean he wasted it. Its about playing time.

As Notre Dame figures out QBs, keeping Brandon Wimbush engaged a priority

I'm pretty sure the intention was to red shirt him and that is what they've done if they play him now he'll waste a year on a dumpster fire season.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As Notre Dame figures out QBs, keeping Brandon Wimbush engaged a priority

I'm pretty sure the intention was to red shirt him and that is what they've done if they play him now he'll waste a year on a dumpster fire season.
ok I can understand that. How I look at it this season is done. Playing Kizer does nothing for ND. We aren't making a bowl game so why not play Wimbush. See what we have. We will still have him for 2-3 years. Im about the future. Season is done.

ND_loyal son

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand your rationale in giving him some reps, seeing what we have, etc., but I think it may be more important to hold onto this redshirted season as this season is a lost cause anyway. This team is BAD, and I'd hate to see him play now and lose a year of eligibility and possibly lose some confidence in struggling with this years team. I hope Wimbush is smart enough to realize that MZ is gone after this year and it looks more and more like DK may go pro. The team should be Wimbush's next season without question? After waiting his turn and learning the offense for 2 years, he'd be foolish to leave? I don't see anyone else on the team giving him much competition at the position until Phil Jurkovec shows up (hopefully shows up). I say roll with Kizer, and let the other young guys get some experience at other positions. If Kizer ends up being the first QB drafted (as some experts have projected) it can only help QB recruiting and at the same time we'll get some of the young DB's, WR's, LB's, etc. some playing time this year. They'll be that much further along next year and beyond when we've hopefully righted the ship.

GO IRISH!

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Wimbush will transfer as he would have to sit-out a year. I think sticking with the red-shirt this year is fine. Kizer will fill in his draft paperwork before the 1st of January and we can all count on Zaire transferring. Wimbush will know before Spring ball that he will be the number 1 on the depth chart. I would like to know going into Spring ball that this whole circus is over. Wimbush is the number 1 guy, new head coach, new assistant coaches (maybe keep a few). There needs to be a change or else the circus under Kelly will continue next year. It is time to start over and I think some qualified coach will jump at the chance to coach these players. The talent is there. ND needs a coach that is a Leader and one that players can respect. I don't know if a Les Miles is the answer. I wouldn't mind a head coach with no head coaching experience that comes from a good program. Hire a coach from Stanford or another program that wins consistently. I would even consider Bobby Patrino because the man can flat out coach (even if he is a shitty human). I'm sure he is ready to leave for the next job.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know if they would fire Kelly after this season but I will say this he just lost his pass card after this year. He would have to really turn it around. I think we have Kelly for At least 1 more year. Why is it we also extend a coach and that following year they crap the bed. So weird.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played in the UMass game, and I think one other. He definitely did not burn his redshirt before this year. Kelly sat him down and told him he was doing it this year to preserve his last 3 years, knowing he had a logjam at starter with Zaire and Kizer.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Wimbush will transfer as he would have to sit-out a year. I think sticking with the red-shirt this year is fine. Kizer will fill in his draft paperwork before the 1st of January and we can all count on Zaire transferring. Wimbush will know before Spring ball that he will be the number 1 on the depth chart. I would like to know going into Spring ball that this whole circus is over. Wimbush is the number 1 guy, new head coach, new assistant coaches (maybe keep a few). There needs to be a change or else the circus under Kelly will continue next year. It is time to start over and I think some qualified coach will jump at the chance to coach these players. The talent is there. ND needs a coach that is a Leader and one that players can respect. I don't know if a Les Miles is the answer. I wouldn't mind a head coach with no head coaching experience that comes from a good program. Hire a coach from Stanford or another program that wins consistently. I would even consider Bobby Patrino because the man can flat out coach (even if he is a shitty human). I'm sure he is ready to leave for the next job.

if i had my druthers ... kizer would stay another year with wimbush as the number 2 guy who gets a decent amount of playing time. then wimbush starts (assuming he lives up to his billing) the following year. kizer is a great looking qb and i am in no hurry to get rid of him (like some others). true, he MAY be gone .... but i hope he stays.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he'll leave because he'll get a 1st round grade. I mean one can hope that he stays but I think the writing is on the wall that Kizer will be playing in the NFL next year.