• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wilson's 4 TD's

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to be rude, but I'm thinking the season may be over for the Niners already. Thursday is a must-win. If they don't beat the Rams Thursday, they have almost 0% chance to make the playoffs. Right now they have to go like 10-3 or 11-2 the rest of the way to make it. NO, Chi, Dal, Sea, Atl?, Det, GB? That is 7 teams with a shot still I think. The injuries on the Niners just appear to be too great to overcome at this point.

Obviously anything can happen week in and week out. The Hawks are one injury on the O-line from really struggling on offense.

I don't think it's a must win but it's as close to it as possible. The Packers and Atlanta are both 1-2 as well. The NFC east is not very strong. Mentally, it probably is a must win and for us to keep losing players to injuries or rehab ( :rollseyes: ) isn't helping much.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering right now that the "last team in" would be Philly at 1-2, I think EVERYONE is still in it. Even teams 0-4...

I wasn't talking specifically about records, but what teams I think will be there in the end based on the play I have seen so far. ATL and GB are 1-2, but they are in my list because I think they will be there. Maybe Philly makes a run, but they need to prove it to me for a few more games. Based on the injuries and the lack of weapons and apparent change of offensive scheme to a Kaep based gun it offense, I don't think the Niners have a chance to be there.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on the injuries and the lack of weapons and apparent change of offensive scheme to a Kaep based gun it offense, I don't think the Niners have a chance to be there.

I won't write off the Niners chances of making the playoffs if they lose to the Lambs. It will be difficult, but I wouldn't be suprised if they clawed their way back. HOWEVER, they can kiss any chance of home field advantage good bye if they lose this week.

I'm telling you, I'm trying not to get cocky here but I am really liking what I'm seeing out of our team as compared to the rest of the division. Let's see if the Seahawks can notch up another road win this week.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't talking specifically about records, but what teams I think will be there in the end based on the play I have seen so far. ATL and GB are 1-2, but they are in my list because I think they will be there. Maybe Philly makes a run, but they need to prove it to me for a few more games. Based on the injuries and the lack of weapons and apparent change of offensive scheme to a Kaep based gun it offense, I don't think the Niners have a chance to be there.
Don't get me wrong, I think Philly sucks and has very little chance of making the playoffs, but as far as tie breakers are concerned (for whatever that is worth in week 3) they would be the #6 seed. Lets not forget though that Arizona started last year 4-0 and had people believing in them. The season is much too early to determine true trends. San Fran should be in the playoff hunt in December. Especially with the other 2012 powerhouses struggling as well right now

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong, I think Philly sucks and has very little chance of making the playoffs, but as far as tie breakers are concerned (for whatever that is worth in week 3) they would be the #6 seed. Lets not forget though that Arizona started last year 4-0 and had people believing in them. The season is much too early to determine true trends. San Fran should be in the playoff hunt in December. Especially with the other 2012 powerhouses struggling as well right now

If SF was 1-2 with little to no injuries, then yes, I agree, which is why I have GB and ATL in my list. SF does not have Crabs, Williams, Read, Smith, VD, McDonald, etc. They are hurting big time. Some of those guys will not be back this year. Yes, they could trade for a WR and they do have a couple D-line youngsters coming back from injury, but it looks really, really tough for them. Kinda sad too, because I had a nice edge about the season due to the rivalry and now it just feels like its over. That is some arrogance talking I guess, but outside of injuries, I feel the Hawks are a lock to win the division. Crazy to say that this early, I know, but as I said, outside of major injuries, I do not see anyone in our division challenging us.

I think AZ shocked people with their defense, but their O was such a mess, it killed them in the end. We are not that team. We could be if a couple guys get hurt this week, but we are not a team that gets overlooked and then surprises another team. This team is solid and even the 2's are solid. We should trade Bennett or Avril or Irvin for a LT. hehe Thats how good we have it right now.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only teams I'd count out at this point (and week 4 is still early to count out teams for sure) are the winless teams that have looked horrible in the process.

The Giants look surprisingly awful and I don't think that it's going to be one of their patented "lull teams to sleep by underachieving early and making themselves look vulnerable before storming back and sneaking into the playoffs" years either. The only way they're getting in is if they win their division, which is really their only saving grace at this point, since nobody else in that division has looked particularly good.

Washington can't play defense and while their offense was good enough last year to overcome that, it isn't so far this year and may not be as long as Griffin either isn't allowed to be RGIII by his coaching staff or he's afraid to be RGIII because he might get hurt again. That offense just isn't as scary with a tentative, pocket-passing Griffin.

Minnesota has a problem because they're 0-3 in a division with a really good Bears team, a Green Bay team that I don't think is as bad as their 1-2 record indicates and a Lions team that at the very least won't be an easy W this year even if their 2-1 start is surprising.

All you need to know about Tampa's chances is that their starting quarterback and head coach don't get along. That's rarely a good sign. They've played some close games thanks to their defense, but they're screwed if they can't get an offense going.

I think that everybody else in the NFC has a chance to at least keep themselves in the hunt for a while. I don't think we should get too far ahead of ourselves with any of these 2 loss teams, especially the ones in our division. San Francisco may be a mess right now, but they've got too much talent, even with the guys they're missing and the issues they're having, to be dismissed this early in the season.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, If the Niners go out and dominate a couple games, then I will rethink it, but for now, I will stick with my opinion that they are done. I am not trying to rub it in their face or anything, although I have posted a couple smacks on the smack talk thread, its just how I see it right now.

back on topic, I still love how RW throws 4 TDs and flys under the radar on the sports shows. Yah they show the pump fake 360 bullet to Miller, but because he didn't throw for 400 yards, they just don't really say much. It could also have to do with our opponent I guess.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, If the Niners go out and dominate a couple games, then I will rethink it, but for now, I will stick with my opinion that they are done. I am not trying to rub it in their face or anything, although I have posted a couple smacks on the smack talk thread, its just how I see it right now.

back on topic, I still love how RW throws 4 TDs and flys under the radar on the sports shows. Yah they show the pump fake 360 bullet to Miller, but because he didn't throw for 400 yards, they just don't really say much. It could also have to do with our opponent I guess.

I think in this case it was more about the opponent.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still way to much football left ... Niners are not out of it yet... NO one is yet... We'll know more in about 8 weeks...