• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wilson for Doak Walker?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be real. Wilson has no shot at the Heisman and besides, it's become almost political now. But what about the Doak Walker? We all know he's one of the best RBs in the country, but will the people that hand out the awards give him the nod?

I think he'll be a finalist, but I don't think he wins it. He most definitely will have the yardage, but I bet his lack of TDs keeps him from getting the trophy. It's not his fault though. LT, because of his size and beastly QB sneaks, vultures a lot of TD carries from the RBs in the red zone.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trent Richardson will probably get it or LaMichael James because they are the sexy picks right now even though DW has done more.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sort of OT, but why exactly is Lamar Miller so much higher of a draft prospect than DW? First off, I think LM is dirty, and probably worth the press.. but why is he projected first round talent by multiple outlets and the highest I've seen Wilson is 3rd. They are similar size and similar type backs, LM runs behind a much bigger OL and I would say Wilson has better receiving ability. I just still don't see where such a big discrepancy is.

And as for the Doak, Trent or LaMichael will win bc Luck will win the Heisman and ESPN will pimp both of them hard.

Last edited by a moderator:

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty awesome for herbstreit to dis the 'hype machine' around the Heisman so badly, especially since he works for the main contributor