• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Williams out and Bester back

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No surprise...

OU football: Damien Williams removed from team, Bester to play | News OK

Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops said Monday that running back Damien Williams would not return to the team.

Stoops also said that wide receiver Lacoltan Bester, who was also suspended last week, would return to practice. this week and play against Oklahoma State.

Williams, a senior, was suspended for the game against Tulsa earlier this season. Williams missed the game against Kansas State and will miss the regular season finale against Oklahoma State and the bowl game.

Williams finishes his Oklahoma career with 1,499 yards and 18 touchdowns rushing in two seasons. This year, he ran for 553 yards and seven touchdowns.

The Sooners didn’t have a problem moving the ball without Williams on Saturday, rushing for 301 yards in a 41-31 win over the Wildcats.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No not surprised at all, has to be pretty disappointing for Stoops to do that, but I understand.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so much promise, so little self control.

too bad, really.....

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drug problems?

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposedly a failed drugh test, which allegedly would not be his first.

as noted, he had already misssed one game this year due to suspension.

Bobby don't play around like some other coaches/conferences do.....

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams failed his third drug test. Yeah, it's just weed, but when you look at the big picture. OU has to follow NCAA guidelines.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These kids...

That's what they are really. Most haven't ever had to be accountable for their actions. It's no excuse though. I'm just glad that Bob cares enough about OU to do the right things, even though it isn't necessarily the best scenario for the football program.

Damien was just another Josh Jarboe or Brandon Williams. Forsaking all that could be as part of a team and family for their own personal trip.

Hopefully he will learn from this.

wardogharry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These kids...

That's what they are really. Most haven't ever had to be accountable for their actions. It's no excuse though. I'm just glad that Bob cares enough about OU to do the right things, even though it isn't necessarily the best scenario for the football program.

Damien was just another Josh Jarboe or Brandon Williams. Forsaking all that could be as part of a team and family for their own personal trip.

Hopefully he will learn from this.

Not excusing it but if you threw everyone off of every team that smoked pot there would be damn few games on Saturdays. There wouldn't be enough players to field one team, let alone two.