• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Urban Meyer suffer a "personal crisis" and make veiled threats of suicide after this loss?

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to assume he knew as little about Hernandez as apparently anyone else did.

These coaches know some of their kids are bad, but they turn a blind eye and don't want to know because if they are good, that is all that matters.

Hell, look at Cam Newton. People forget he started at Florida, got caught for academic fraud and stealing a laptop (which he painted like a ghetto bicycle, and then when the cops were on their way up threw the laptop out the window, and still to this day claims "I didn't know it was stolen" - I guess painting laptops and chucking them out windows is standard practice in da hood #BLM). But even Florida would rather avoid the black eye with a player, so they let him quietly transfer and play elsewhere.

Wrong incentives in college football... overpaid coaches and underpaid athletes leads to corruption across the board.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not here to hurt your feelings.... Its to early after a loss to be so careless with fragile bucknuts. I dont need bully charges put on me by some insignificant state either.

Its best you guys stay in your safe space for a while.
Yeah weak. Are you new here? The my little pony board is on a different site.

Churchillin

Hoopla Cash
$ 216.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These coaches know some of their kids are bad, but they turn a blind eye and don't want to know because if they are good, that is all that matters.

Hell, look at Cam Newton. People forget he started at Florida, got caught for academic fraud and stealing a laptop (which he painted like a ghetto bicycle, and then when the cops were on their way up threw the laptop out the window, and still to this day claims "I didn't know it was stolen" - I guess painting laptops and chucking them out windows is standard practice in da hood #BLM). But even Florida would rather avoid the black eye with a player, so they let him quietly transfer and play elsewhere.

Wrong incentives in college football... overpaid coaches and underpaid athletes leads to corruption across the board.

Agree with everything you said. Some day on some distant planet some coach who actually seeks out the truth, exposes it, and lives by it will put together a program that dominates.

Until then, we are stuck with the SEC.

Churchillin

Hoopla Cash
$ 216.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, and JoePed never knew Sandusky was a child diddler. :rolleyes2:

I never said that. Joe Pa should have exposed what he knew as soon as he knew anything. Once you cover something up once, it snowballs. However, I think it's a stretch to say Meyer knew anything about Hernandez, at least the part about him killing anyone, if he did kill anyone in Florida, which as far as I know is not proven.

However, most of the butt-hurt I've read about Meyer is over him "faking a heart attack" and quitting Florida to take time off, and then going to Ohio State.

Hammer may be (case #1) a Vandy fan raving over Meyer leaving the SEC and going to another top conference and succeeding.

That would be the equivalent of (case #2) a Northwestern fan losing it over Saban leaving Michigan State and ending up in the SEC and succeeding.

Case #2 would be pathetic, and therefore so is Case #1.

That said, it's not hard to imagine that Hammer is a masochist and just trying to torment Ohio State fans, for whatever reason. I'll leave that to a shrink to figure out. I'm not really that interested.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For switching jobs he's a horrible human being? Do you think that when a coworker leaves? When your company hires someone that used to work somewhere else?

I guess anyone who quits a job and takes a break is horrible.

He's a horrible human being for faking a health issue, turning his back on his players and program and taking another job a year later. All of this conveniently happened when Tim Tebow was gone and Florida had come down to earth a bit.

And comparing every day jobs to a P5 head coaching job is retarded. On your bike.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you should further refine your filter to SEC EAST Teams with Male Mascots during Sat Games played before 11:30am.

Pretty sad you have to start drilling down into a conference to make a point.

Pretty sad when an SEC fan has to bring up the B12 in an urban Meyer thread.

Jtrain80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I should place Oklahoma in the cupcake list and go with 6-5. :D

Yes. We aren't very good. Even playing Big 12 teams isn't making us better.

Erie Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,827.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a horrible human being for faking a health issue, turning his back on his players and program and taking another job a year later. All of this conveniently happened when Tim Tebow was gone and Florida had come down to earth a bit.

And comparing every day jobs to a P5 head coaching job is retarded. On your bike.

f21553d8d6669bbeadcbae4f6ef9e53ea96453052a410cde3623a7a561724e3e.jpg

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The SEC: Where proven, documented things are fake and unproven things are completely true.

Churchillin

Hoopla Cash
$ 216.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you knew for a fact that he was faking a health issue that would be one thing, but you're just assuming that, for some reason.

And yes it is like any other job in the sense that he is free to move around if he wants. Are you really saying that he should have stayed at Florida for life, or be subject to your scorn whenever he did quit? Coaches are men too last I checked. Well paid men, yes, but still men.

I guess what you're saying is that when coaches are hired, the assumption must be that they will be with that same team till retirement.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you knew for a fact that he was faking a health issue that would be one thing, but you're just assuming that, for some reason.

And yes it is like any other job in the sense that he is free to move around if he wants. Are you really saying that he should have stayed at Florida for life, or be subject to your scorn whenever he did quit? Coaches are men too last I checked. Well paid men, yes, but still men.

I guess what you're saying is that when coaches are hired, the assumption must be that they will be with that same team till retirement.
What's funny is, I can somewhat understand the anger from Florida fans. He built them up to highs they hadn't seen in many years, and then left for greener pastures. However, every TEAM SEC poster, no matter the school, has the same demented obsession with him. He was diagnosed by an actual medical doctor, took the appropriate time off to recover, and then followed his heart home for a much better job.

It's no different than @HammerDown excusing the disgusting r*pe culture at his school which has been 100% proven, yet he digs at OSU for a "r*pe" that was never even remotely proven to be true. It's the SEC: Things that are proven must be wrong and speculation against others is rock solid truth.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to assume he knew as little about Hernandez as apparently anyone else did.
He knew that he was a violent, drug-addicted gang member and successfully vouched for him to make violent criminal charges disappear to Gainesville authorities.

You assume wrong. Instead of guessing, get the basic facts. :thumb:

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and then left for greener pastures.

thats rich......he quit because his wife found him fucking a coed. He told the university it was for health and family, swindled an extra million from the school on the way out the door, and was back coaching less than a year later. anyone would have more respect for him if he had just left for another program right away but the slimy way he did comes with all the deserved criticism.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats rich......he quit because his wife found him fucking a coed. He told the university it was for health and family, swindled an extra million from the school on the way out the door, and was back coaching less than a year later. anyone would have more respect for him if he had just left for another program right away but the slimy way he did comes with all the deserved criticism.
Actually what happened was Urban discovered that the AD and school president were part of a coven that was sacrificing minority students to their pagan overlord and he wanted nothing to do with it. He was so upset with the cesspool that is the University of Florida, he needed medical attention. Luckily a year away from it led to a healthy recovery and a much better job at a much better program.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said that. Joe Pa should have exposed what he knew as soon as he knew anything. Once you cover something up once, it snowballs. However, I think it's a stretch to say Meyer knew anything about Hernandez, at least the part about him killing anyone, if he did kill anyone in Florida, which as far as I know is not proven.

However, most of the butt-hurt I've read about Meyer is over him "faking a heart attack" and quitting Florida to take time off, and then going to Ohio State.

Hammer may be (case #1) a Vandy fan raving over Meyer leaving the SEC and going to another top conference and succeeding.

That would be the equivalent of (case #2) a Northwestern fan losing it over Saban leaving Michigan State and ending up in the SEC and succeeding.

Case #2 would be pathetic, and therefore so is Case #1.

That said, it's not hard to imagine that Hammer is a masochist and just trying to torment Ohio State fans, for whatever reason. I'll leave that to a shrink to figure out. I'm not really that interested.

tl;dr

FACT #1: Urban Meyer enabled a mass murder.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He knew that he was a violent, drug-addicted gang member and successfully vouched for him to make violent criminal charges disappear to Gainesville authorities.

You assume wrong. Instead of guessing, get the basic facts. :thumb:

tl;dr

FACT #1: Urban Meyer enabled a mass murder.
^^^^^^
It's the SEC: Things that are proven must be wrong and speculation against others is rock solid truth.
I rest my case.